North Cyprus Tourist Board - Skype to mobile in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Skype to mobile in north cyprus

Skype to mobile in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

dreamer

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Are Skype calls from the UK to a mobile phone in the TRNC charge to the mobile or are they free of charge ?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

If it's a TRNC mobile number, the only cost is to the Skype caller, 15 Euro Cents per minute.

If the call is to a UK mobile number, it costs the Skype caller about 23 Euro Cents per minute, (same as calling a UK mobile), and in addition the mobile user is charged a LOT extra for the portion of the call between the UK & TRNC.

In the latter case, it's the mobile phone company who charge the extra, as far as Skype is concerned, if it's a UK mobile number, then the call terminates in the UK, and the mobile provider takes over from there...

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Are Skype calls to Skype free on an mobile phone.

How can I call the the TRNC free without an internet connection, is this possible with Skype?

Thanks

Stewart

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi..the cheapest but not free way is skype to mobile

You can use skype on mobile via a skype no ( you have to buy this for £35 per year ) or if your mobile has internet connection you can use this ( this will cost you the price of net connection via your phone service plus the small amount skype charges for calling mobile ( about 7p....this is what it costs me to call nc mobiles from skype or 5p to text )

wanderer

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

If you are using a 3 phone with skype in TRNC it will cost you a bomb because of the data usage dont go there I checked a couple of years ago

Get a local sim and call home to a land line cheaply or get the UK to skype your trnc sim

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

SKYPE calls from a 3 UK mobile are free to SKYPE users anywhere... you can use your SKYPE out credit to call 'TRNC' landline @ 10.4/ minute / mobile 13.4/p minute

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/features/prices/payg-rates/#cc=TR

mikemans

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

nobody mentioned you need an internet browser or host company other than a mobile web connection. In the UK your Skype will only work if you have your mobile connection hosted. For example I have BT internet and Vodaphone 3G, if at or near a hub that you can pick up such as my BT facility, you will access Skype for web use, if you rely on the host web provider such as Turkcell or similar for direct link as a mobile airways provider to your phone, I am sure you will not receive a reception. In the main therefore you will continue to use your computer as a phone. At the moment I understand that Skype are negotiating with providers but if they allow this then no one will buy air minutes anymore as it will seriously affect their sales and revenue, if you think it through that makes good sense from their position.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.