North Cyprus Tourist Board - voluntry work,have you
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > voluntry work,have you

voluntry work,have you

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

spider

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Having spent 35yrs working withing the care sector,NHS.Mental Health Team,working with troubled people.and having also worked within the voluntary field in Homestart,young families.people with learning difficulties,homeless soup centers etc,etc,Would some call this being silly giving so much of myself,..Have you givien of yourself so freely too...or do you feel you would never work unless paid..Just thought this an interesting topic,as quite a lot of forum members give themselves to many worthy causes,and work so hard,because they like myself enjoy the giving for others,some might call us Stark Raving Mad. )

Spider,X

phylray

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 02:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I am currently driving for WVS "Meals on Wheels" in my own town and surrounding farms, some of which

are quite remote. There was only one week this terrible winter when we were unable to drive into snow/ice

laden side roads with our small cars. Also tutored to Pakistani women in own homes through Glasgow Race

Relations. All interesting, and why should anyone think it mad I don't know.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 07:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Spider,

I AM stark raving mad, but I love it.

Chris

spider

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

We know that Chris,and we love the likes of you,I have always had that said to me too..And we need all who put so much hard work into all the Charity events too,My hats off to everyone..But over the years its been said to me"are you mad working for nothing"and i would not get out of bed for less than,ETC,ETC,!! and look at the likes on the benefits,Who to would not move their Butts for nothing...The question was would you,Have you,or would you never ever. ))

Spider,X

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I spent a few years as a voluntary observer for the Royal Hong Kong Observatory on a weather ship, in the middle of the North Pacific, typhoon spotting.

Does that count as stark raving mad?

mamachina

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Four and a half years in the middle of China as a VSO - def stark raving mad at times!! (at over 60 - not from uni like most) Also meals on wheels, guide captain, helped with political party, helped at special school, riding for disabled and so on, during any spare time while younger!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.