North Cyprus Tourist Board - Debit cards at Passport office-help
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Debit cards at Passport office-help

Debit cards at Passport office-help

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mamachina

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Have been trying since early this morning to get through on the phone to the Passport office in Nicosia to ask if they take a Visa Debit card - they do if applying by post, but I wanted to be sure or Ill have to go and get some euros! Has anyone paid that way. (Not a Credit card)

artistabroad

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

If you go to http://ukincyprus.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/passport-fees you can download a form to fill in to take with you and pay by credit card. It has a box to tick to pay by visa debit, so I guess it's okay.

NCMan

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Yes as msg 2 states , you can pay by Debit Card, but you need to download the form ist.

mamachina

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Yes, Ive got the form, but its for people applying by post - not in person.

scruff

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Unless things have changed in the last year, I'm fairly sure that you have to pay in cash & in Euros. This was true when I renewed my passport, in late 2008. Maybe someone who has renewed in person, more recently, will be able to confirm this?

mamachina

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Just gone onto the site britain.org.cy which is out local site - evidently gone up to 20 days wait because of everyone dashing to get a new p/port before the end of the month!! It does say cash, postal order or credit card, and says fill in form and as you so rightly say it does say tick for Debit card - so Im going to risk it and take the card plus the filled in form - i dont want to change money to euros this time if I can get away with it! (Prob get cold feet and be dashing to the changer on Mon!!) Anyone who has used a card (debit) recently please confirm this is ok or not?????

Ozbey

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I went 8 days ago - yes they do take debit cards, but guess what - they couldn't get the machine to work! Still the same the following day, so had to get Euros from the bank.

Now the good news - they rang this morning to say that the new passport was ready.

mamachina

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Ozbey - I wonder if they have got the machine to work yet?????? I hate going into Nicosia anyway so dont want to go in 2 days running if its not, and I have to get euros. Presume you wont be going in til Monday to collect, I intend to go in Tuesday, so could you ask if the machine is working!!! If its not ring me and I'll rush to the changer on Mon eve when I get back from the C44 boat trip!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.