North Cyprus Tourist Board - container sharing
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > container sharing

container sharing

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

snydalecyps

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

I have been quoted £1250.00 for bringing my vehicle over in a 20ft container. As my vehicle is only a ford KA there would be plenty of room left in the container if anyone would like to share.I am in West Yorkshire, UK.

I was quoted £1800.00 for a vehicle and furnishings.

Also can anyone help me with information re the tax situation I would be liable for? I don't know whether this is a cheaper option rather than car hire. I will be over in Cyprus for a minimum of 6 months.

Also, I don't know whether I would be allowed to take a hire car over to the south for shopping purposes. I understand it is a risk from the hire car firms point of view.

johnty

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

My advice is dont do it. The government are putting the tax up on cars from friday you will pay a fortune in converting to turkish plates at least now 70% of the value of the car. buy something cheap here. Always people going home and want to sell.

brian24001

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Either ship it via Limassol (can come on top deck very cheap, though will need a wash when it arrives) for a lot less than that, collect at the port and drive away, cross to North with no problem, or even easier, as johnty says, buy a cheap runaround (none of which are 'cheap'), and you then have the hassle of selling later.

Or, pre arrange/negotiate a car for when you get here, depending on time of year (will you need a/c), you could get a cheap one for about 50 quid a week, cheaper than shipping yours (over 6 months) no extra insurance to pay, no hassles when arriving off ferry, and when you leave, just drop it at the airport.

I used to use Berkan at Pacific http://www.pacific-rentals.com plenty of cheap runabouts.

You will then just have to find a way to cross to the south, maybe walk across at Ledra Street crossing??

Don't even think about shipping direct to North.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.