North Cyprus Tourist Board - Downpour- rather than Sunny Cyprus .com
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Downpour- rather than Sunny Cyprus .com

Downpour- rather than Sunny Cyprus .com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

fastclick

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

I write as a victim subscriber to this outfit. They never return your calls, you get someone in the evening who tells you "I don't understand these things when you tell them you cant get intrernet access.

I am just about computer literate, but surely for about £40 a month I should be able to get instant computer access without having to call them every other day.

Keep clear folks . They are very fulll of bonhomie when you sign up--- I am Terry Thomas HAHA but try to get some service thats a different story - just directed to some arrogant bastard who whats to belittle you.

KEEP WELL CLEAR OF THIS OUTFIT !

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 03:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Fastclick,

You will always get someone to tell their horror story about each of the ISP's here. It is all dependant upon where you are on the island as to the infastructure that each ISP has in place where you live. All the ISP's will install their system and charge you accordingly but they won't tell you that their system may not be the best for your area. They have your installation fee and 3 months up front, they don't give a toss about you having a service you paid for. You could try litigation, but it's likely to take years. The best bet is to ask the people around you who they use and if they find the service acceptable.

For us it was third time lucky when we got the service that we found acceptable.

bondi

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Frustration is the order of the day with this outfit! Timothy who did you sign up with? Last time I had to go to an internet cafe to e-mail Sunny Cyprus.com about their appalling service - still waiting a response to my e-mail of end of May. Perhaps if these ISPs could read this forum they will know that not all publicity is good publicity.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Will not matter soon when the government hand it all over to the Chinese!!!!!!

TC is correct, does not matter who you are with either here or in UK there will be a big problem that sticks out and gains bad publicity for that particular company. Last week it was Extend now it is one of the main opposition SunnyC of who, one of the members here will state they never have problems.

Simple answer is to go to their office with a book and a couple of cans and annoy the **** out of them until they sort your problem.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

bondi,

They do read these boards as was shown last year with extend and before that Internet Club. They both fought back and extend did try hard after the interchanges to improve. So I am sure Mr Thomas is reading this.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

When we first arrived we had SunnyCyprus. It worked but with download speeds akin to UK Dial Up speeds, nowhere near the Broadband standard we were promised.

After 12 months we moved to the Internet Club. Proper speeds in the beginning (256kbps download, 128kbps upload) but slowly it slowed and slowed and lots of "No or Limited Connection" warnings. Download speeds of 64 to 128Kbps were the norm. Upload was never more than 64kbps.

After 12 months we gave up with them and had Nethouse Networks. Installation 25YTL (YES, 25YTL) not the usual £200 to £300, 275YTL every 3 months. Speed 512 kbps download, 128kbps upload. This was exactly what I signed up to. We were flying. Skype was usuable. Downloads from iTunes took minutes, not hours and the speed has been consistant throughout. Very, and I mean very, rarely is the service down for more than 2 hours and if it is it is usually first thing in a morning and back up and running my 9am.

Aslan

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

fastclick,

Are you aware that there is a consumer complaints office based in Lefkosa, although your story is similar to many cases, I think going to the consumer protection office and fileing a complaint would have been a better course of action.

Kitty1

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

We are with Nethouse too. No complaint from us. I've not had any service interruption and got installed for free!

brian24001

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Interesting what you say Timothy.

We originally had SS, promised our VOIP phone would work no problem, it never did work properly, and as you say with speeds, I also did a few speed tests and never bettered a UK dial up connection, best ever was 32Mbps, though Nigel does get a fast connection, but he does advertise their service so maybe gets a better deal from that.

A friend of ours was also with SS and had same symptoms, needless to say we both voted with our feet and wallets.

Been with Extend for a while now, all worked well, though with the closure of their local office, at the first slip, we will be gone.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

RE TimoyhyCadman : (...) When we first arrived we had SunnyCyprus. It worked but with download speeds akin to UK Dial Up speeds, nowhere near the Broadband standard we were promised.

After 12 months we moved to the Internet Club. Proper speeds in the beginning (256kbps download, 128kbps upload) but slowly it slowed and slowed and lots of "No or Limited Connection" warnings. Download speeds of 64 to 128Kbps were the norm. Upload was never more than 64kbps.

After 12 months we gave up with them and had Nethouse Networks. Installation 25YTL (YES, 25YTL) not the usual £200 to £300, 275YTL every 3 months. Speed 512 kbps download, 128kbps upload. This was exactly what I signed up to. We were flying. Skype was usuable. Downloads from iTunes took minutes, not hours and the speed has been consistant throughout. Very, and I mean very, rarely is the service down for more than 2 hours and if it is it is usually first thing in a morning and back up and running my 9am. (...)

I have 99,5% the same experience. Only difference is that The Internet Club was even worse than you write. Nethouse Networks is not perfect either but by far the best of the three mentioned.

RE bondi : (...) to e-mail Sunny Cyprus.com (...)

Are you sure you used the right email address? The right URL is http://www.sunnycyprus.net and not .com. So try info@sunnycyprus.net .

And here's Terry Thomas private mobile phone number: 0533 864 2785. I'm sure he won't mind when you call him... :-( Good luck!

brod41

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Sunny Cyprus,

has been for me the dogs b------ks they have provided me with three years outstanding service only a phone call away and only to willing to help with all items they even took my computer away last year for a couple of days and recoverd it from a near fatal crash recovering all my data and at no cost how maney others would do that, they have just moved location and have had a few phone problems i belive, but just call in they are so helpful a tremendous family setup that should be applauded. ive heard some real horror stories of others it wasent to long since extend crashed big time and it took a long time to sort there customers out short memories some have. may the SUN continue to shine on there site.A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Oi. Brod you creepin git, sounds like your heads so far upp TT ass you could clean his teeth with yer tongue. R u on the payrole?

DM

windmill

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Is there a english speaking website for nethouse network

Regards

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Now, Now DM that's not nice now to have a go at brod41.

It is true that if you live within 2 kilometres of their office then you can get a great service with SunnyCyprus and there are many who do. But the majority of us don't/didn't live that close and so don't get the service we pay/paid for.

brod41

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Cadman,

Dixies a real nice guy often see him in bar 11 a fantastic bar in Catalkoy where i reside full of nice people who get on well dont moan about anything and realy enjoy life over hear, unlike some best u stay in uk your the sort we dont want out here moaning wingers .

littlenige

Message Posted:
10/08/2008 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

No it is not true

http://www.sunnycyprus.net

nostradamus

Message Posted:
10/08/2008 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Been with several of these horrible internet companies but now with Bortec Communications. Absolutely brilliant. Hayrettin Bora delivers exactly what he promises and is extremely helpful. Had them since before last Xmas and only once has the internet been down - very briefly.

Their phone number is: 0392.8223620 and their shop is almost opposite Lemar at Karaoglanoglu.

Aussie

Message Posted:
10/08/2008 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

While I have had some problems in recent months with Sunny Cyprus in Esentepe I have found they have been very good in fixing things when you ring them up.

They competetley replaced all of my equipment withing a few days for free when they couldn't fix a problem despite the original installation only being done a few months before. Since then when it runs very slow sometimes I ring up and they change frequencies or something and it is fine again.

Aussie

Kibris

Message Posted:
11/08/2008 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

I too have used several internet companies, just moved to the e-motion system from Bortec, the speed is excellent, and have suffered no loss of service!.... well recommended...best of the bunch in my opinion!

littlenige

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

I have been told the moon is made of green cheese, the usa ivaded iraq because of wmd and tony blair never lied to parliment does that make it true ??

No of course not but then I am not annoymous and have chosen not to hide my details, should anyone have issue with my posts they can and do contact me to say so.

It is a shame more members are not prepared to stand by their posts.

littlenige

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

From what info I can find out, out there in cyber land sunny cyprus ( fine people they are )

Use a mixture of 2.4, 5.2, 5.7-5.8 Ghz and other licensed frequencies

and the whole network adheres to power limitations set by the government

And always have done.

littlenige

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

I smell a rat here .....................Can you prove any of what you say please ?

Name Rip Toff

Age 58

Gender Male

Marital Status Widowed

Location Esentepe

Occupation Retired

Member Since 10/08/2008

Last Post 14/08/2008

Total Posts 15

Email Member opted to hide email address

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Hi I'm with Sunny Cyprus and can't fault the speed in Esentepe. I told them I needed the connection as I "work from home" and they assured me the speed would be sufficient. No problem so far with up and down speeds. Can even listen to Terry Wogan in the morning without any problems whilst downloading a 5mb file.

Karen

littlenige

Message Posted:
14/08/2008 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Indeed it does very public spirited of you.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.