North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying sunglasses in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying sunglasses in North Cyprus

Buying sunglasses in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Aysesdaddy

Message Posted:
16/05/2010 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Thinking about buying some prescription sunglasses whilst over on holiday. Don't want to use Akay(not sure of spelling) because had a problem there once before. Has anyone used Resat, next to jewellers on High Street, or have any other suggestions in Kyrenia.

Whistler

Message Posted:
16/05/2010 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I used Resat and it was going to cost me 800 tl because I have a high prescription and I wanted THIN

LENSES. When I went to collect them I refused to take them because the lenses were so thick and heavy I could never have worn them. They said it would cost more if I wanted thinner lenses. Explained the price quoted was for thinner lenses. Said they`d sort it but never heard any more since a month ago.

I told the girl to try them on and even she said she didn`t need to she could feel the weight in her hand.

i was so disappointed but if you find somewhere more reasonable who will listen to what you want please do let me know.

Pipie

Message Posted:
16/05/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

My daughter purchased prescription sunglasses from Resat. Nothing but praise. Brilliant service and a fraction of the cost she would have paid the UK .

the butler

Message Posted:
16/05/2010 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi all,

I tried Resat and because I wear Verifocals it was going to cost me over a 1000ytl, which was more than in the UK. I bought Gucci designer in the UK for £300. Someone has since told me that if you travel to Guzelyut they are much cheaper.

The butlers wife

Baspinar Bob

Message Posted:
16/05/2010 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Try Mertkal in Lefkosa , it is next to China Bazzar the other side from Lemar. I bought a pair of Wrapround prescription Exess ( Italian ) sunglsses and a pair of normal glasses for 280TL.

Bob.

MartinM

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

I'm surprised that Akay Optics gave you bad service. I have nothing but praise for them, but since I've been using them since 1993, perhaps I,m slightly biased. The owner is often at the shop next to Deniz Plaza. Perhaps if you can find him he may sort your problem amicably.

Aysesdaddy

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Re mes 6. I bought a pair of glasses from them about 2 years ago and when I returned home after several weeks of really bad headaches, I went to my local optician. They told me that the prescription was incorrect. I contacted Akay and after about 6 months of emails I did get a new pair of specs. These were not completely right, but I could use them. In all fairness my prescription is very complex, but you know what they say "Once bitten twice shy"

skybluesam

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Buy them online , much cheaper by a very long way!

Nick

MartinM

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 04:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Re Aysesdaddy

I quite agree. It's strange though how different people have different experiences from the same vendor. Restaurants, beaches, rent a car etc. I tend to use a place until they get it wrong. And then I am loathe to ever use them again. We are lucky to have much more choice these days in Northern Cyprus.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.