North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dopi TV -Tech Details
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dopi TV -Tech Details

Dopi TV -Tech Details

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

jlb777

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 06:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi All,

I am looking at having Dopi TV installed, I am based in Famagusta. I have emailed Namik but he must be away as I am not getting a response and was wondering if anyone that has had it installed could very kindly answer the following questions:-

1 - How many coax cables do they run into the back of the satellite receiver?

2 - I understand that there are 2 satellites installed, do they run 1 cable from each LNB into a 2 to 1 cax block. (I am trying to get away with having them drill holes though my wall as my TV is on an internal wall, my builder ran a single coax all around the house within the walls, with an outlet box on top of the house)

3 - What brand of receiver do Dopi provide, i.e does it have a USB port that can have an external USB HDD plugged in for recording?

4 - How has the service been recently?

5 - Do they show reasonably up to date UK soaps, e.g EastEnders.

6 - Do the installers speak English?

7 - Is there an EPG?

8 - Are the channels named as you surf?

the butler

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

jib777,

Don't bother, I have just had Dopi taken out, the service is bad most of the channels are scrambled and you can't watch the soaps on it. Mine had 3 satellite dishes and we still couldn't watch it.

The butlers wife

dopiweb

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi James;

i think your sending the email to his personal email and you are right he is away.

Answers for your questions.

1. 2 coaxial cables

2. yes two satellite dishes.they are standard sized. one with double LnB for nilesat and hotbird. second one is for data dish.

3. We currently using XPS Super (black box) which is a special set top box, designed to be used in this system. it has a USB facility can be used either for software upgrading or media management (recording, playing movies and pictures)

4. There is not a general problem with the system. Customers having problem is always getting service.

5. You can watch soaps like EastEnders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, etc...

6. Technicians speak basic english, also we are always here ready to reply your phone calls and assist when its needed.

dopiweb

Message Posted:
17/05/2010 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

cont...

7. EPG is actually something to the with channel itself or its provider (i.e. Orbit Showtime Network). These days some of the companies not giving up-to-date EPG to take attention to their website.

8. Yes, of course. Also we are always giving free "channel list" upgrade.

any more question please dont hesitate to contact us.

office : +90 392 815 77 70

re msg2. i couldnt find your name in our records, are you using a nickname here (meacher) ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.