North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electric
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electric

Electric

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Oxoners

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

We are on builders supply at the moment and want to install some ceiling fans, we have heard that until Kibtek carry out final inspection and we have our own meter installed that we should not install fans or light fittings, is this true.

Nunu1

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Oxoners I believe this to be true. The electric company would need to carry out specific electrical final handover tests this is a legal and health and safety requirement. If by some chance your ceiling fans/lights were incorrectly fitted, ie wiring not connected to the correct connections or earth fault, the electric company may hold the builder responsible and refuse your mains connection by law!!! Very similar in the UK.

I am very pleased to hear that they have very good standards in the electrical industry there in Cyprus!

Once you have got your mains connection supply then fit your fans, BUT please if you are not sure what you are doing get a qualified electrician to do it for you!

nunu

sylvie

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

KIBTEK is going to carry out according electrical drauwings which have been approuved by belediye - when they come they check the electrical drauwing and test with a generator - so do not install what ever hasn't been previously approuved - after, you can do what you want according to electrical standards

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

oxoners,

By all means fit all these things but make sure that when kib tec come along to do their survey that everything is as the original plan. The slightest thing not on plan and you will get a red slip!!!!!!!

brian24001

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

When we had our meter fitted, no-one came anywhere near the house.

Check that your builder has had the electrics inspected, this is arrabde by hime, long before meter arrive, and is simply done with a meter to check connections (live/neutral) and earthing, no need to even be connected to mains (or genertaor).

If the inspection has been done, you can fit the fans, when the meter men come, they won't even go in the house.

Perry

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Brian is absolutely correct. We actually fitted our ceiling fans before moving to mains - but we did use a qualified electrician to do so. When they fitted the meters they did not come into house. However, they did a final inspection before this (with the fans fitted). We also had an additional 2 aircon units - these were NOT fitted until after the Kibtec inspection and we were safely on the mains. All of this was on the advice of our builder and it worked just fine. Good luck

sylvie

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

yes when they fit the meter nobody comes inside - they come before for the final electric control - if the control is fine - the file goes to a commission which approuve and then you can apply to a meter ! we went through the process last april for a private house -

Groucho

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Fans are generally low wattage compared to Air Con units... should be below the 100 watt for a light fitting (I take it you will be wiring them in as a replacement for a ceiling rose? i.e. no increase in power consumption) definitely do not fit any air-con before the final inspection unless it is shown on the electricity plan.

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Hi all,

Can you clarify comething for me:

Do you mean that electric metres are not and cannot be ordered until kibtec have done the inspection and given the ok?

As I have been told by my developer that metres have been ordered but electrics and inspection will not happen for months?

Mind you there are 150 properties there and they have said theyve ordered in bulk and kibtec will install them all at the same time in one big hit?

Is this possible then?

take care d x

brian24001

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

davidoff,

This is correct, you cannot apply for your meter until the electrics have been passed by the Kibtec inspection, the inspection results then go in the project file at the Kibtek office, and they will check this prior to processing your application.

Can't comment on how or when they will all be installed

sylvie

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

i am afraid, it is correct !

brandy sour

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

I oxoners

I see nothing has change since they filled the pool then?has her ladyship been seen since we spoke last.

Oxoners

Message Posted:
10/07/2008 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

No nothing has changed, and no one has been on site since you left

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.