North Cyprus Tourist Board - our visit to famagusta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > our visit to famagusta

our visit to famagusta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

Marisa

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

We always go to Famagusta via Ozankoy, Catalkoy, Tatlisu, Bacelli and Esentepe, once past these concrete jungles you can drive alongside the attractive coast until you arrive at the right hand turn that takes you through scenic mountains arriving on the road, a few miles before Iskele.

This is another depressing Cypriot village but not many miles to drive until you reach the coast near to Bogaz, a pleasant place with some OK restaurants.

Here, we turn right towards Famagusta passing through Salamis with its historic amphitheatre, and a couple of good beaches for swimming, always worth a visit. The concerts are spectacular, if the Southern Cypriots don't hi jack the performing artists!

We had an appointment to view the AG and sons, factory, where they make and bottle most of the spirits sold in North Cyprus, Water is brought from wells in MARAS and is also processed into the water we buy in bottles.

Gold Fassle beer, is made and bottled here too, I am not a beer drinker butc

wattys

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

If you think that Iskele is depressing and Bogaz only has some OK resturants the best thing to do is keep well away.

WHY O WHY do people like you keep making derogatory remarks about places in NC, my place is in the Iskele/Bogaz area and i can honestly say they are the most welcoming people I have ever met any where in Europe, and Iskele is not a depressing TOWN, so do your homework.

I suggest you go to Greece, Spain,Portugal and you will see a lot more depressing places than Iskele, or did you go to Iskele after you had been on the p s on the freeby.

So Ozankoy,Catalkoy,Bacelli and Esentepe are conctrete jungles, i think you have lost the plot, i suggest you put your brain into gear before hitting the key board.

Geoff

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Well said Wattys.

Hic,

Geoff

Famagusta City

briggus

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Message 2.

I agree - Iskele is not a village and you do not actually drive through it on the way to Famagusta? This area around Iskele/Bogaz is "work in progress" and is a number of years in terms of development - behind - the Girne area. I also agree the people are friendly when I have visited from the Karpaz.

Some of the concrete jungle references I do not understand as the area around Girne east and west is just as -if not more built up - than most other areas in the TRNC.

Pearlbayer

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

So you are from Karaoglanoglu and you call East of Gine concrete jungles. Helloooooooooo you need another tablet Marisa

measey

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Good on you Wattys NEEDS to start drinking beer might cheer her up a bit. Also needs to get a job.

Measey.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Re : Msg 6,

"...Also needs to get a job".

I think she decided on a career change - as a budding guide book writer and food critic.

Msg.1 was an attempt to attract more tourists from Outer Mongolia!

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Re : Msg 1,

Oh I need a bottle of something strong from " AG and sons", as I just discovered that I live in yet "another depressing Cypriot village" . Good thing that these restaurants in Bogaz are "OK", and then there is always this ketchup from the USA in Famagusta...

wattys

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Marisa

I see on another thread you ask if its your childs birthday invite two clowns to make it unforgetable is it you and your's because you have made this thread unforgetable.

Marisa

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Come on , guys , I like you like it.

But I expected much more replies.

Hilltop

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Plagiarism is an offence in most countries, though to be fair, probably not this one!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.