North Cyprus Tourist Board - Enter North with less than 6 months left on passport
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Enter North with less than 6 months left on passport

Enter North with less than 6 months left on passport

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

AndyP

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

A friend of mine who lives in the North wants to come south but has less than 6 months left on the passport (British Passport). I know they can travel into the EU with less than 6 months left but does anyone know if they will have problems coming back through the border into the North. The passport in question is for a child and the parent has a valid passport and temp residency in the North.

johnnybgoode

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

shouldn't be a problem andy, as i did just that last year, and i only had 6 weeks, on my passport, unfortunately, you can,t renew the passport in the trnc,any longer so if its for the little one best start with someone bringing over the paperwork for you, so they can get it done in the uk as it will be quicker, they will even add on the outstanding amount of time left on the current passport.

SaraP

Message Posted:
02/06/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Can anyone else clarify this?I did ask at the border the other day but they did not understand the question.I am sure you are right Johnybgood and thank-you for your posting but I just want to double check as rules change.

sagsy22

Message Posted:
02/06/2010 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

A couple of our good freinds had this problem last year, they went to immigration and were told they must have six months + to re enter so they renewed in UK.

Not sure just pot luck I guess

johnnybgoode

Message Posted:
02/06/2010 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

i suppose it depends on who's on the desk at customs?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.