North Cyprus Tourist Board - Message for Hans - road map of NC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Message for Hans - road map of NC

Message for Hans - road map of NC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Map

spanna

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Hans,

I recently purchased a map through your website using the paypal method but have yet to receive it. I have emailed numerous times but have not had any response... I wasn't sure if you were away or if there is a problem... Could you please get in touch and let me know as I would really like the map asap!

Thanks...

Spanna

exmouthfire

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

HANS TOOK HIS BALL HOME A WHILE AGO -"I'm not active on this board for some time now (for reasons given in another thread) and I like the peace I have. I hope that my "stalking fan club", with its backstabbers and troublemakers, will find someone else to attack at any possibility.

One of the consequences is that all my private activities on this board and those of the MCF (Medieval Cyprus Fellowship: talks, walks, maps, quizzes etc) are frozen also. So please note: I don't reply to email with requests for passwords (maps, wills and other documents) anymore.

I won't reply to posts in this thread either.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

RE msg 1, spanna: Sorry, message 2 says it all. I apologise for any inconvenience. I'll take the web site with the (free) downloadable files for the benefit of the British community off line as soon as possible (I hope to do that this week end).

Brinsley

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

I am totally mystified by Msg1 & Msg3. Has something been paid for but not received? Was it free in the first place? A whole lot of Double Dutch to me!

Richard

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

RE msg 4, Brinsley: (...) I am totally mystified by Msg1 & Msg3. Has something been paid for but not received? (...)

=> Who cares whether you are totally mystified or not? You never paid for anything as far as I remember. And I can assure you that *you* will never get anything from me for free. So, mind your own bl**dy business and don't type messages for the sake of reading your own nonsense, please.

Needless to say: people who paid for maps etc via PayPal will receive a refund.

spider

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Well said Dutch. ))

Spider,X

Brinsley

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Refunding the commission charge, of course, but worry not, you can always make a reclaim on your income tax return for damaged/undelivered goods!

Richard

spanna

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Hans,

Sorry- I hadn't realised that this was no longer running... What a shame. It was a good service and an interesting insight into this country's history. I'm sorry, I never really kept up with the turbulent time you appear to have had on the board so apologies if my message has brought any previous grievances to the fore...!

Good luck with any future ventures and if the maps become available elsewhere - you can email me privately. Thanks.

Spanna.

newlad

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Come on guys give Hans a break here,

Paul.

japeal

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Hans,

Sorry you feel you have had to cease your postings/maps walks etc. Wew have found you a great source for info in TRNC over last 5 years, just because a few people have caused you a lot of upset, just remeber that the vast majority of cyp44 members have never had reason to have a go. Bedst wishes for whatever you now do.

John

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

RE msg 8, spanna: (...) you can email me privately. (...)

=> I will. And I won't let you down - you'll receive your password today. Kind regards, Hans Doeleman.

waddo

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Maybe you would like to know just how desperate Han's is for the cash and how low he will stoop to get it out of your pocket!!!

So, here you go - Five years ago I paid Han's for one of his first ever TRNC road maps, via PayPal and until early this year that payment had still not gone through!!! Of course Han's chased me across the world trying to get his fiver off me - NOT. Not only did he send me the map but he never even mentioned that I still owed for it.

It was only when I had to change my PayPal address early this year that we both discovered that the payment hand not been made five years ago - on closing the old account the payment was made automatically and we were both informed that the payment had been made.

Over the years Han's has become a friend but I note that he still, sadly, suffers from the problems of having a different language and being from a different culture - wonder if that is why Cypriots always come in for bad press as well?

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Re : Msg 12,

Over the years Han's has become a friend but I note that he still, sadly, suffers from the problems of having a different language and being from a different culture - wonder if that is why Cypriots always come in for bad press as well?

May I suggest that DC does not "suffer" from any of the problems you have implied : he has excellent command of several languages as opposed to none, and comes from the European culture shared by millions of intelligent people with common values as opposed to absence of any culture, parochialism and explicit xenophobia.

waddo

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Clarissa2

Unlike some of the comments about Han's that I have seen on C44, mine was in no way intended to degrade his ability to converse in any language, nor was the mention of a different culture a slight of any kind against him.

Having travelled extensivley I note that the way to get attention abroad is to shout louder, that at times seems to be the extent to which the majority of British abroad seek to understand another language or culture. Of course we also have the German culture of towels on sun beds so do not think I am picking on the British, the French are a different matter that I do not wish to discuss - all of them are European and all of them are different is the point I make.

Just being called "European" in no way gives you the same cultural background as everyone else but it is nice to try to make the effort to understand everyone else!

However, as my last post on the issue - I support Han's (DC) until proof positive stops me. Good luck Han'

mamachina

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Does this all mean no more talks on"old" Cyprus and all the medieval goings on - what a shame! I also needed a map, never mind. Ive always got on with Hans, maybe cos my dad was a Netherlander!!

spanna

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks Hans, I really appreciate it and apologies again for opening the floodgates!! ;)

Keep smiling, people! Life's too short...!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

RE msg 16, spanna: Check your mail inbox please. Let me know if anything doesn't go smoothly and I'll help you.

zanky

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Hans you were going to get back to me at the Bookshop, any chance? please ring me 0533 8657916

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.