North Cyprus Tourist Board - Famagusta Border Crossing
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Famagusta Border Crossing

Famagusta Border Crossing

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

Tinkie

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Could any one please give me directions to the Famagust crossing (Pyla?) We are meeting someone just south of the crossing tomorrow and dont know how to get to it. I have searched this topic, and found some directions which say take 3rd turning at roundabout but which roundabout?? Is it the last one before you come in to Famgusta ( will be driving from Lefkosa)?

Any help greatly received.

Thanks

skeeds2000

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Tinkie you do not want to go to a roundabout near Famagusta for the Pyla crossing as this will be too far. I do this trip regularly from Esentepe but i do not know any road names so i will try to explain. You will be leaving Lefkosia heading towards Famagusta stay on the road past Ercan and keep going towards Famagusta it will be at least 20 Kilometres i would think and you should come to some crossroads just past a large white Mosque on the left turn Right at this crossroad and you should have 2 supermarkets on your left one after the other.Follow this road for about 0.5 - 1 Kilometre and you come to a junction with another supermarket called Kose on the right just before the junction turn left here. Stay on this road for some time and you will come to a small roundabout with a fruit stall on the right go straight over here and keep going straight on and this will take you straight to the Pyla crossing.

skeeds2000

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

continued

I hope you can manage with these directions any questions just post and i will try to answer, shame your not going from Kyrenia i could have given you much better directions.

Regards

skeeds2000

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Hi

checkout this link.. lots of info there..

Please note that 'Pyla' is not normally known as the Famagusta crossing point .. that would be the crossing known as Black Knight/ Ayios Nikolaos ( St Nicholas) , Strovilia, Akyar, 2mile / 4 mile crossing ..... on the UK's Sovereign Base Area ...

The 'Famagusta' infers closest to Famagusta

The 'Pyla/ Plie' crossing point is also on the SBA but between Famagusta and Larnaca - more correctly it is at the village of Pergamos / Beyarmudu or even Dhekelia - after the SBA base.. which is 5 kms away ! ..

Pyla / Pile is the first village fully within the UN buffer zone

Hilltop

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

For the Famagusta crossing.

From the Lefkosa road take the third exit at the first Island (3 Palm trees). Go through 2 further islands and then turn right at the third (supermarket on the corner). This road then goes directly to the crossing. Watch for the 50KPH speed camera on what seems to be a very wide road.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

ooops the link

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/border-crossings.asp

You have me confused.. if you are driving from North Nicosia you wouldn't go anywhere near Famagusta..in fact I'd say the quickest route ( if you are meeting someone south side) would be to drive towards Larnaca and take the Ayia Napa m/way exiting at Pyla and carry straight on through the village, climbing up the bendy road onto the plateau and carrying straight on.

You can always go back via the Pergamos / Beyarmudu crossing

Tinkie

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for your help, I have confused myself!...I though Pyla was the Famagusta crossing...basically we are meeting in Paralimni, and I thought if I crosseed in Famgusta I could drive down the coast....have I got it wrong...still confused about which roundabout I need!

I will be driving from the main Lefkosa roundabout heading past Ercan towards famagusta....so is it the last roundabout as you head in to Famagusta for the Black Knight crossing? And is that the crossing that I need?

Hilltop

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Take the route I have given you to the crossing. Once through you are in a British Army base. Through the base and keep going until you get to a petrol station on the left. Take the second left after that (signed Frenaros).

Drive the few miles to Frenaros and turn left at the T junction. This road will take you through Derynia and onto Paralimni.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks Hilltop. Just one question, when I get to the first roundabout is the crossing sign posted?

Hilltop

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

It is not signed to the crossing as such. Follow the signs for "Larnaka" from the first Island, these lead to the crossing. It is a lot easier than it sounds.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

A word of warning. Take a a good note of landmarks. On the way towards Paralimni, you go the way the road wants to take you. On the way back, it's easy to miss the junctions.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Just wanted to say big thank you to Hilltop, directions were spot on and we found our way there easily.

Froggie

Message Posted:
23/06/2010 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

I have freinds on holiday in Ayia Napa Nissi Beach. who want to come and visit me in Esenteppe. Does anyone know the nearest crossing and approx. cost of a taxi to get them to the crossing.

Any help would be appreciated

Ozbey

Message Posted:
24/06/2010 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Froggie,

Ask the taxi drivers in Nissi Beach to give you a price, then take the cheapest - Then you don't really care which crossing point they use!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.