North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car Hire Pathos - NC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car Hire Pathos - NC

Car Hire Pathos - NC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

Jessie

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi

Can anybody recommend a car hire firm based in Pathos who will allow their cars to be taken across the border into the North for a month?

Thanks

Jessie

rowlo

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

you will be lucky ,best to get car hire company from north to pick you up in south and rent theyre car then take you back ,

swannee7

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Jessie: Good suggestion from Rowlo. BTW, not sure if its a typo by you, but the resort down south is Paphos (pronounced Pafos). Good luck.

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I am sure if you google you will find car hire companies who allow you to take a car across the border, you will have to pay insurance at the border but you will save on the cost of taxis

compass

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Jessie

I have used Economy Car Rentals a few times in the past without any problems. They are an organisation who handle the booking etc and place it with a local car hire company, in Paphos in your case.

Their rates were the best I could find at the time, although things do change............ As posted you will still have to take out insurance in the north and this will be basic third party cover only. Any problems such as breakdowns or accident damage will be a real headache as you will have to get the car back to the south side!!! and probably foot the entire bill for accident damage.

So you pay your money and take your chances. It worked for me and many others but there are risks to be aware of, so decide carefully what is acceptable to you.

Good luck

Compass

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.