North Cyprus Tourist Board - New pages added to old passport? does anybody know?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New pages added to old passport? does anybody know?

New pages added to old passport? does anybody know?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

jake1

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi,

My husband needs some extra pages in his passport, because of all the travelling for work that he does.

Is it possible to do that here?

And if so, where would we start?

He does not want to renew because it still has 3 years to run.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

jake1

As far as I am aware he will have to renew his passport, I had the same problem. But if he does get a new passport then he will need to carry his old one as well as the new one because any visas will not be transferred.

His new passport should give him the extra three years on top.

AJ

Scoty

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

I tried that 2 years ago and had to get new passport. They added on the time still valid to the new one. i.e. the 3 years would be added giving 13 instead of 10.

I also got a 2nd passport - paperwork required from employer etc. - where I could use one for 'work visas etc.' and one for travel. Had to pay full price though for 2. This was in the UK. Do not know regulations over here.

jake1

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks for the info both of you.

He is due to leave the country on 7th June again, will we have time do you think to get a new passport before then?

And, is it the British High comission in lefkosa that we have to go to?

Thanks

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

If he is leaving the TRNC on the 7th of June then you are cutting it a bit fine. Also there are new procedures about to be introduced at the British High Commission (forget the start date) but basically they will not be processing replacement/renewal of passports for much longer as it is going to be done (I think) via Madrid, although you can do it via the BHC at extra cost but they will take no liability for failure of application.

Your best bet would be to contact the BHC directly for up to date information.

AJ

Scoty

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

I 'believe' the madrid renewal starts on 1st June as been posted somewhere before. Go tomorrow is my advice.

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/36883.asp

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/36882.asp

best of luck

jake1

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks AJ,

I will take your advice and ring them in the morning, before we go.

He has to be back at work on the 8th, so cant afford to be without his passport.

Im just wondering, if they start this new system of sending them to Madrid, that he is ever going to have the time to renew here, because he leaves the TRNC every 4 weeks for a month.

ang1706

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Jake1,

The advice is completely correct , you cannot add new pages to your passport as you are defacing it.

There are a lot of countries that will not let you in if you do not have at least 2 clean and clear pages left, and unfortunately this is the worse time of year to obtain a quick passport renewal due to workload.

I wish i could be the bearer of some good news but regulations are regulations and in this political climate things are tightening up.

Best of luck and hope all will be resolved to a satisfactory outcome for you soon.

jake1

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

We can but try!!

thanks everybody

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

jake1

I have in the past managed to get entry visa's in two different countries stamped on a separate piece of paper and then stapled to my passport but it is not easy. In theory if your passport is still valid ie within 3-6 months then at the point of entry they cannot refuse an entry visa even if your passport is full, but it is a lot of hassle.

AJ

Scoty

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

jake1

best of luck. As long as there are 4 blank pages in the passport he will have no trouble with getting entry visas anywhere.

If it is for his work, his company should help out - mine used too as the pages were always filled before the expiry date

Geoff

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

You need the new passport, and then the High Commission will attach the old one (with the valid visas) to the new one, with a comment written inside the new one (something like) " expired passport No.... is attached containing valid visas".

Geoff

NanaJan

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Lucky to get the extra unused portion of time on the passport. We have been told twice that once the passport is full then a new one is needed and the time cannot be added. Mind you that is in the Middle East at the British Consulate and so perhaps they have different rules!!!!!!

Makes sure that you have copies of your passports at home or on your computer because our passports got lost in the post with new visas in them. We had to provide all details of them for a renewal and it was much easier to just show the scans of the old ones. Also if the last passport is issued in another Country they have to contact them for some reason. We had a heck of a hassle because our last ones were issued in Saudi and of course their weekends are different to ours and they only work mornings and were three hours ahead of the UK time. Best to be prepared just in case the worst happens and keep copies and the phone numbers of the last place to issue them.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.