North Cyprus Tourist Board - I want to hire a car in North Cyprus!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > I want to hire a car in North Cyprus!

I want to hire a car in North Cyprus!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Barber

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

I want to rent a car this summer in North Cyprus. Which companies do you people reccomend?

I am looking for a good company that gives a good service. I dont want to book a car that will cause me a problem during my holiday. I also need to organize Larnaca transfers. So the company should be reliable!

If anyone can also give me an idea on car hire prices and transfer prices I will be happy!

PS: Last year I used serveral companies in North Cyprus and they provide a very bad service! The taxi didnt pick my famiy up from Larnaca and we also had a little accident and car hire company expect me to pay the damage. Its funny that they said that the car was fully insured at the beginning but I found out that the car was only 3rd party!!!!!...............................................................................................

North Cyprus-North Cyprus-North Cyprus

Cheers

Stewart

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Pacific car rentals

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

We have always used Cyprus Pines and found them to be very reliable and helpful and their cars have never let us down.

They also do transfers from Larnaca and Ercan.

e.mail is info@cypruspines.com and phone number 00905338686779 and ask for Yakup.

Tell him Malcolm and Anita recommended him and you will get a good deal.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Try Seveners very reliable airport pick up and good quality, well serviced cars.

Chris

the butler

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Barber,

Try Ismail at Aone rentacar. There prices are very competative and they do the cheapest transfers from Larnaca only £25.00 each way if you hire the car with them.

email address is aone.rentacar@Yahoo.com.tr

The butlers wife

Barber

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

£25 for each way! WOW

Do they use a Legal taxi cars and drivers? I guess thats very important for me because I want to be insured in the taxi. I know that some of the good reliable hire car companies can organize taxi runs for around £45-£50 for each way and they do use only Legal Taxi drivers. Do you know if A-One does the same? And do you know if their hire cars are fully insured or 3rd party?

I am looking forward for more info!

PS: I also heard that Cyprus Pines is very good and their cars are fully insured! Sevener has also good rep! But its nice to hear more options!

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Yes Ismail at Aone is your man, I have used the several times, reliable and cheap

johnnybgoode

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

try baspinar

there cars have full insurance, and they do airport transfers to ercan, and both larnaca & paphos, by taxi, daily rates at the moment are about £17.00 per day, for a ford fiesta, inc insurance, tax and kdv

there web site has all there prices on-line

http://www.baspinar-rentals.com

or reservation hot line 0090 0542 888 4 888

millzer

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

I guess we can only judge by our personal experiences and like everything, some are good and some are not so good.

Members of my family used Aone last year and yes, the transfer was £25 each way but they had to share with other people which meant others getting dropped off before they got to their destination. This is fair enough, and clearly is how Aone are able to do the transfers so cheaply, but the point being that my family were not told about having to share a taxi and going miles out of their way before they finally got dropped off. If they had been told in advance then fair enough, but they weren't!

Also, Aone were SPECIFICALLY asked that the taxi was fitted with a baby seat and a childs booster seat, NEITHER were provided, so we didn't appreciate our grandchildren being put at risk, especially on such a long journey from Larnaca. Ok it was probably a genuine mistake, of which we all make on occasion, but for those reasons we would not recommend Aone again.

Barber

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Millzer, Oh I thought if we use A-One taxi runs, we will be the only one in the taxi! Than how come its a taxi?

Well I rather give more money and be at home first!!! And to be honest with you A-One web site does not says that we will share the car with someone!!!!! Well thats not what I call taxi What do you think?

Rottolover

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Millzer, you're right about personal experiences, and it seems yours wasn't so good with Aone. Mine are.

My wife and I have used them now for 3 or 4 times (I can't remember which), and each time they have been completely reliable and collected us from Larnaca, certainly without anyone else being in the car. We needed a larger car one time to collect a large package from Famagusta, which they organised, and it took a lot longer than the normal pickup. The driver was uncomplaining and very helpful the whole time.

All I can say is that every time I've used them I've been totally satisfied.

natnatallie44

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Pacific is the best http://www.pacific-rentals.com

jimmyG

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Barber, I always use Ibo Taxis, based in Alsancack, whether coming in via Ercan or via Larnaca. Larnaca is £100 return and Ercan £40. Ibrahim & his sons Huseyin and Ozay are 100% reliable as well as being lovely people. They now have a couple of people carriers in their fleet of taxis and also do car hire. They won't let you down & you can find their contact details in the Index on this site.

Barber

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Rottolover, So are you saying that A-One does a taxi runs for their customers seperately! Its really important for me to be in the taxi alone. You cant be sure who with you will be in the same car! And its a long journey about 1.5 hours and I dont want my wife and kids to sit next to a stranger! So if you say that they will organize our taxi runs just for ourself then its worth thinking saving some money Isnt it? I hope to hear from you soon! Cheers

luvincyprus

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Forget about all long sentences CLICK ON PACIFIC RENT A CAR WEB SITE , it will give you all the information needed.

Pacific team is help full, perfect service, best taxi transfers .

http://www.pacific-rentals.com/testimonials.asp

yorkshireve

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

what about the money exchange place opposite capitanos it does car hire and taxi transfers. need any refferences for this company ask anyone who changes money here very helpfull family have used car hire, transfer and money exchange many times

Barber

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Does A-one do transfers to Esentepe area for £25? Do you know Rottolover?

HappyDayz

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Look no futher Pacific cars - I always use them and have a car at the moment best on the island very reasonable, reliable and helpfull and friendly service contact via website or telephone book soon as they are always busy summer season coming up which is a good sign for me....

http://www.pacific-rentals.com

Chelpet

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

I can also recommend Pacific as you can do all booking from UK by email, we have never been let down by them, had a small problem with a hire car and it got sorted almost instantly, contact either Sue or Ayshe both very helpful, we always recommend our friends who are going to NC to use them.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Barber,

Yes, they do. We live in Esentepe ourselves, and so far we've used only Aone. The car is always only for us, and I've never even considered we might have company. If you want, they will even drive you to Esentepe in your hire car, and go back in another car which follows you there. If you know the way, you can drive yourself there from their office in Kyrenia. The hire cars are always clean and well serviced, and Ismail and his merry men are reliable and friendly.

It seems that Pacific has a couple of fans who generally get their message across too, so it might be an idea to contact both and ask them a few questions...

millzer

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Rotto message 20, i'm glad you've had good experiences with Aone. As said, i'm not trying to run anyone down, just speaking of our own family experience with them and once bitten twice shy as they say.

We too were surprised about sharing a taxi (in this case a big mercedes Vito type thing I think), but the daftest thing was that on the return journey home, they picked our family up at Esentepe, then drove over to Tatlisu, picked up some more passengers then back PAST Esentepe to Girne and onto LCA, talk about the long way around!

We have booked with Pacific this time, never used them before, so we'll see how we do with them.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.