North Cyprus Tourist Board - advice on possible relocation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > advice on possible relocation

advice on possible relocation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mick99

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi, my name's Mick, and I'm thinking of moving myself and my family to Northern Cyprus. I've not visited yet, but have heard good things. My house is on the market, what are my employment prospects?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

"what are my employment prospects?....................."

Depends on what you can do?

spider

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi mick99. sorry to say but employment prospects in North Cyprus are Ziltch...unable to work here,and it is hard to find any work that offers work permits,What sort of work were you thinking of anyway.?? The best theing you could to is invest monies made from the sale of your home.this allows you enough money to rent and live,thats if you have you have a good enough investment..We moved over having not even visited before.and we have managed nicely so it is possible. Good luck.

Spider,X

phoebe_cat

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Mick, looking at your profile you say divorced.. However you say it's you and your family moving over? Does this involve young children? As if this is the case you also have schooling to think about, which can be quite a high expense...

mick99

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

i should add that im a cook have worked all over the UK and a Turkish restaurant - i'm also a trained Masseuse.

mick99

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

yes - young family Phoebe & a possible new start. i had not thus far considered schooling - so much to think about.

Scoty

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Try before you buy!!!!!

Come over yourself - spend a bit of time (well quite a bit of time) getting to know the place - go back home think it over and repeat process until sure of verdict.

phoebe_cat

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

What age are your children? Are they young? If not they may feel resentful about being uprooted to a place they don't know.... Young children tend to do very well here, they learn the language very quickly with their school friends, however looking at you age I suspect they may be older....

Blackbird

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

It always amazes me, when people say they want to go and live in a place......but have never actually been there.

I love the TRNC - have been there many, many times, and The Almond in Alsancak, for me, is without doubt my favourite place in the world, but I'm not sure if I could live over there, similarly, I also enjoy New Zealand, and again have been there lots, however, I not sure if I could live there (although I probably will) but that is for family reasons.

I am lucky, have been to a lot of places, but still not sure where I want to retire to!

I would say to Mick go over to TRNC, it's a great place, the people and place are fantastic the best!!!......and then decide.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.