North Cyprus Tourist Board - Exporting a Left-Hand Drive Car from TRNC to sell in Turkey
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Exporting a Left-Hand Drive Car from TRNC to sell in Turkey

Exporting a Left-Hand Drive Car from TRNC to sell in Turkey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

HotHippo

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Hello All,

Posted recently on the subject of driving/shipping our LHD Subaru Forester 2.5 XT from Azerbaijan to TRNC. We now understand that we will only be able to keep the car in TRNC for a maximum of one year.

Unfortunately, mainly because the car market is saturated in Azerbaijan just now, but also because the Subaru brand is not widely-known here, we can't get a decent offer for our car, in Baku.

So, we are now thinking of bringing it to TRNC for up to a year (I'll drive it over, as I fancy an adventure), then shipping it over to Turkey to be sold. We've checked the second-hand market there, and we reckon our car would fetch around 60% more than the we are being offered here. Of course, it would have highr mileage, and we'd have to pray that there were no mishaps on the way, but we are tempted to give it a go.

We are wondering whether anyone has any experience anyone else doing something similar (or as stupid).

HotHippo

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

OK, I'll try another approach. Does anyone know any TRNC car dealers with links to dealers in Turkey? Perhaps they might be able to take our car in part-exchange for a right-hand drive car.

Or does anyone know where to find information on Turkey's import duties?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.