North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sweetwater Bay bond request of rms £720
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sweetwater Bay bond request of rms £720

Sweetwater Bay bond request of rms £720

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Sweetwater Bay North Cyprus property review

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 82 in Discussion

To all residents of swb do you agree with the 720 bond money request of rms considering they will have 12 month service charge in advance to pay for the running of swb also this is a new complex with everything band new and under defect period so all unexpected failures/breakages of site equipment will be at swb costs not service charge payers, most of the owners will be using the complex for holidays etc and this wil be minimal for a couple of weeks a year so wear and tear should be a minimum to the site in general we are not running butlins with thousands of people coming and going using /abusing the site so what exactly are they going to do with all this extra money are you happy with handing over 720 sterling and not ever seeing it again unless you sell up and move on or to fund non paying residents if you agree with this can you all please let rms know how you feel at the end of the day they work for us so it should be us who decide if a bond is needed personally i dont think so.

rocky

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 82 in Discussion

sweep I ran out of breath reading your posting now need a rest.

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 82 in Discussion

Please speak to Mike Armstrong directly at RMS and get the facts in regards to the bond, its use and the actual plans, costings and projections for the site before stirring things up. Hearsay and speculation will not help Sweetwater Bay's reputation and ultimately us as owners. Having just returned from site I am saddened that this is happening.

Sheila

davidoff

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Sweep Im glad you took the initiative to start a new thread as Im sure many others have wanted to do also to same on the finger and mouse enegy needed to scroll down to the bottom of the page everytime.

Hi mint,

Do you know what guarentees we get with the bond fee at all?

thanx in advance d x

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 82 in Discussion

hi mint if look at some of the replys on other thread i am not the only person who disagrees with the bond money the idea of a forum is to air your views and i am not stairing it up as you suggest this is a genuine point and if you are not happy with other people asking what other owners think dont bother to use the forum after all i as other do have our own finical interest to look after and are not in the habit of throwing money away for reasons i and others who have replied do not believe to be good enough to handover £720 when we are allready paying in advance our service charge. the costings and projected plans are covered easily by the service charge paid up front and i have allready sopke mike at rms for your information.

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Guys,

If you dont want to scroll down to read the newest posts then change the option in your settings for the site so thats newest posts are at the top

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 82 in Discussion

We need a budgeted income and expenditure to justify any bond. I am in favour of a contingency fund at a lower level indeed in a previous complex I was involved in the contingency fund built up surplus in order to finance a repaint of the complex with only some addiitonal contributions from owners, Something else to think about or do we want people doing there own thing in different colours or nothinhg at all in 4/5 years time?. I am an ex banker and there is an accountant on the complex I am sure we we would happily look at figures. Of course time spent time charged you cannot expect anythig for nothing these days. Any emergency fund must be protected and on at least two signatures and held in a seperate account, If we are arguing about a contingency fund even £720 that s only a few full tanks of petrol against a considerable investment can we really afford a holiday home on a prestige development overseas? as someone else said how much is a mooring in the UK or indeed a moble home in UK or France.

rocky

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 82 in Discussion

Mint you are correct of course re changing the options on the seytings why dont people do this do they need others to think for them? your postings are refreshing mint we must share a drink sometime in NC.

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 82 in Discussion

Rocky

I take exception to your comment

" If we are arguing about a contingency fund even £720 that s only a few full tanks of petrol against a considerable investment can we really afford a holiday home on a prestige development"

I work hard as a plumbing contractor and this is a big risk and investment on my behalf. If I feel that I am been asked for a penny more than I think is justified I will stand up and contest it. It might only a few tanks of petrol for you but its a lot of money for me and others as well im sure on top of everything else we are been asked for

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Many people who invest are on tight budgets and affordability is vital and theres only so much you can borrow or scrape together at the last minute especially in todays world economic climate.

Banks are not lending and credit cards are now few and far between so what one person can afford will not necessailky mean that others can too .

So not everyone have to accept paying additional costs that they dont necessarily need to or CANT afford to pay.

take care d x

P.S- I do admit that the possible thought of mulitcoloured buildings does make my stomache churn!

sweep

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 82 in Discussion

thanks north 4 u for your reply this is what i started this topic for not to swap internet options lessons and insult other peoples computer skills (thinking for themselves comment which has nothing to do with bond fund topic maybe rocky and minty can start ther own thread on computer lessons seriously caps stick to what it is about and stop arsing about with silly comments as everyones comments are valued so keep it good and serious.

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 82 in Discussion

Apologies Sweep I was just helping Davina as she was obviously unaware that you could change the reading pane.

Sheila

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 82 in Discussion

Thnx for the info mint.

I now have less time to scroll and more time to post!

thanx d

rocky

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 82 in Discussion

I believe everyone works hard these days and you dont get anything for nothing. As I have said before I agree with a contingency fund possibly 3 months rather than a full year. If you have not been involved in the finances of a complex before you really dont understand the problems. As I said any fund should be controlled in a bank account on two signatures and not handed to anyone else. There would be no control if this happened and vehicle could be purchased and duly sprayed with logos etc and fund must be under owners control who could release funds in an emergency if the management company had an unexpected expense. After all the management company should be non profit making so who sets the salary budgets of the principals and who controls the expenditure. I think we should hve site of cahsflows and regular management accounts. Regarding petrol prices it is expensive here in the south west and I find many tradesmen including my plumber friends are complaining about the costs of fill up and I reckon at £60 a tank minimum thats 12 tanks however on my suggestion of a 3 month fund that is only 3 tanks isnt it?

rocky

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 82 in Discussion

Sweep do you really need to use inappropriate words on this forum no one is ar--ng about just trying to share our views. Obviously we all get frustrated from time to time but lets all be sensibe about it We need to work to find solutions perhaps Davina can help here how does an RA work in NC and what authority will it have? I really dont have a clue does anyone else?

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

On my previous post on the other thread I had mentioned that for a variety of personal reasons I am not helping with the setup, running or representation for the swbra.

And that from now on will be posting as an individual property owner only!

I never was the one with the proclaimed ra experience or insight into the operations of one.

But maybe those who have more insight and information on how an ra works especially in NC should step forward when possible and maybe they will be able to shed some more light on the subject?

take care d

sweep

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 82 in Discussion

rocky

have you put your views accross to rms as to a smaller bond would be more acceptable as if everyone does this i am sure they will start to listen and maybe things can change as for the a**ing about coment putting comments like do people need us to think for them due to them not being as computer literate as you this not nice and totally diverts from the original topic of the bond money as this thread is all about so lets put that aside and concerntrate on the important issue of handing over£720 and maybe never seeing it again when a smaller amount is more than enough i encourage everyone to put ther views accross to residents and most imporant rms so this can be moved on and maybe they will look into a solution to keep us happy,At the end of the day they work for us.

lets keep this a friendly as possible as you never know who will be your neighbour or sitting next to having a pint with at the pool.

rocky

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 82 in Discussion

I will certainly forward my views does anyone have an email address and a contact name. I guess I must have some info on my Computer somewhere but I can never remember where I file these things.

sweep

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 82 in Discussion

rms@cyprus.com

rocky

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 82 in Discussion

16 July 2008 18:39:13

To: rms@cyprus.com

Please reconsider your thoughts on a full £720 in advance for each dwelling. This should not be necessary on a new development and whilst I agree with a contingency fund the amount suggested is excessive. I would like to propose that three months in advance say £180 each would be an adequate reserve. This should also be held in a Trust Account for the benefit of the owners and could be released if the RA thought it was essential for the development. Perhaps if any owners defaultd there could be a penalty charge for those properties which should be agreed with the RA when it is up and running.

davidoff

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

I am very much computer literate and many more skills beyond that.

Equal people are cappable of thinking for themselves otherwise forums wouldnt exists would they?

So please people dont make it personal theres no need!

KEEP SMILING!!!

take care d

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2008 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Davina, I am not ignoring your question re Bond guarantee's but I have asked Mike for for some clarifications and will post when I get a reply. We had information overload when out there so I dont want to confuse until I have checked a couple of points with him.

Sheila

davidoff

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

No worries mint thanx for the update greatly appreciated.

take care d

arnold19

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 82 in Discussion

My company has been instructed by UK solicitors representing several buyers at SWB to do backround and financial checks on the people pupporting to represent the residents or property owners at Sweetwater Bay, as they feel that that the tactics they are using are against the interests of the majority of buyers and could devalue their investment.

They have said that if another owners/buyers want to contribute to my report they can do it in full conifendence, and we will in full not divulge any information without your express permission. My email address is aroldnineteen@live.com

Please note that my company is the sole of discretion and we have posted this on the current forum and not the secret forum as we know many of the SWB customers are not signed up to this.

Regards

Arnold Nineteen

jakki

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 82 in Discussion

Hi All, [Jakki's partner Arthur here]. I totally agree that we should stop squabbling about computer skills, and lets stick to what really matters to us all. Whatever our circumstances, I believe we all want to keep the site up to standard, not least because it will protect our investment and we therefore need to commit what is required for this, but not more than is required. Therefore we need to establish:

a) from what point we as owners take over responsibility for upkeep from SWB

b) what is REALLY needed to run the site. There are owners in NC speaking to various contractors to obtain comparative quotes so that we can make an informed choice. It may be that RMS will be the best managing agents to use, but we simply don't have any information on how or why they were "chosen", or what their track record is. The question has to be asked why they were chosen and what alternative managing agents were considered.

c) some sort of bond is appropriate for the reasons that Rocky states [accountants have to stick together with bankers!!], but it should be a reasonable amount with proper safeguards as to the stewardship of the funds- i.e. held in a client account with two signatures required, which I would suggest should be SWB residents.

SWB have persistently shot themselves in the foot with lack of communication and trying to bully those without infrastructure clauses in their contract to pay when there is no legal basis for this. Then having it "decided for us" that RMS will be appointed has naturally led to a lot of controversy, not least between us as owners.

Finally, lets be patient- we have some residents doing research for the benefit of us all in NC, lets see what they find. I am sure that when they have done their research we will all have information to enable us to either appoint or unappoint RMS as appropriate. The reports we are seeing from people who have visited the site recently are encouraging.

Arthur & Jakki [C34]

sweep

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 82 in Discussion

ARNOLD your email address is bouncing back as if it is not in use or wrong can you clarifiy it please when you say people pupporting to represent residents / owners at swb finical / background checks is there something going on as i dont have the faintest as to what you mean sorry to be a bit thick but can you explain in deail as to what you mean as i am totally baffled.

thanks lee

rocky

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 82 in Discussion

looks like a typo in his email adress he has probably mispelt arnold, who is this guy, what qualifications and experience does he have, has he provided any refereees or evidence of success and how do we know we can trust him, who has instructed him? all a bit of a mystery

rocky

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 82 in Discussion

Please see below my response to an email received from SMS thier original response did not answer my enquiries and even the second response did not go far enough to justify the Bond amount........................."Thank you for the additional detail I still think the size of the Bond is uneccesary.I have been involved in a community budget before and although non payment was a problem with a FEW properties it was not a significant percentage. Certainly not enough to warrant a full £700 plus in advance. This would exceed £100K. I and others agree a contingency fund is probably required and say £200 each property lodged in a Bank Account on a Trust basis only is probably more appropriate. The funds should only be available on specified joint or more signatures rather than an idividual signatere. This could be the best way forward and more acceptable to the owners. I think RMS needs to listen a little more to the owners who eventually fund the complex. On the previous complex I was involved in we ran our own management company and this worked quite well but the individuals involved found it quite time consuming and really received little or no reward for their efforts and diligence."

sunrise

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 82 in Discussion

I would just like to inform Arthur that there were 4 or 5 tenders for the management of SWB and RMS was chosen as the one to have done the most research and to be the most informative of all the tenders.

As the first 6 months is to be covered by the developers it is their choice who they use and this will also give the residents 6 months experience of RMS.

If after this period they are not happy with RMS then will be the time to look elsewhere.

Give RMS a chance before criticising unnecessarily.

davidoff

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 82 in Discussion

Hello all,

Welcome ...to the new forum users.

Thankyou for the updates.

Take care d

sweep

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 82 in Discussion

i agree everyone should give rms a chance to prove there worth to swb if there are issues with what they propose like the bond money i am sure they are more then happy to listen to owners as. i have worked on many developments across the north west and have seen first hand good and bad companys running complexes it doesnt matter who is chosen there is allways a chance they could be good/bad i think you have to put some faith in swb on there judgment on chosing rms as i dont think they would of done so without good reason and time will tell how good or bad they are so lets hope for everyone at swb they are the best and prove there worth to carry on and make it a fantastic complex for everone to enjoy.

Milou

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 82 in Discussion

Jackie and Arthur

Thank you for your comments with which we agree totally. So far RMS refuse to answer any questions about themselves or their track record. In response to Arnold:

If a number of us owners are concerned enough to hold our discussions on a PRIVATE FORUM how can we be devaluing anybody's property? Arnold would be better employed in investigating this management company that is forced on us.

Regards Keith and Moira

sunrise

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 82 in Discussion

In our contracts it states that the developers will choose the management company, so, as I previously said, let's give them a chance before condemning them.

As for 'investigating this management company forced upon us', it sounds as if they have committed a crime!

Why must everyone be so negative without any experience?

I say stop whinging and see what happens in the next 6 months.

norths4me

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 82 in Discussion

RMS bond fee do I agree with it? Answer is no and have told them this as well, surely thet must realise people are not happy with this and act quickly and decisively and resolve this issue before it gets out of hand.

Should we give RMS a chance? Answer from our point of view is yes give them a chance to prove what they can do.

davidoff

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Can someone please clarify something for me is it

Bond fee + 2 years fee upfront?

As Im a bit confused?

Take care d

rocky

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 82 in Discussion

who on earth is Arnold shouldnt owners be told and when can we set up an RA in a proper manner with every one voting??

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 82 in Discussion

I asked Mike to clarify the bond and today I have had....

To clarify, the bond payment will be used for three purposes:

1. In the event that on owner cannot/will not pay at any time in the future their bond amount, and theirs alone, will be used to cover that shortfall, then RMS will take the necessary legal steps to recover non payment by that owner. One of the main reasons for the bond is to ensure that each owner has full responsibility for their own fees, and will mean that at no time will non payment by one owner, be passed on to the remaining owners.

2. As a contingency fund. While the use of such a fund will doubtful be required in the first year, it will be required in the years to come to cover various maintenance issue’s or possibly enhancements to the development. At no time will money be spent from the contingency fund on either maintenance or enhancements, without the full consultation of each and every owner.

3. Part of the bond will also allow RMS the necessary financial autonomy, if required to ensure all payments are met on time. Some examples of this are: A number of owners have requested the option of paying their management fees in instalments and being able to utilize a portion of the bond in the interim will give RMS the flexibility to offer this option.

There is a possibility that some areas of the development may require payments that are above amounts that have been budgeted for, i.e.: water or electricity, again this will give RMS the flexibility to cover these situations. Again any amounts that will subtract from each owners original bond amount (and we do not expect this situation to arise within the initial contract period) will only be deducted after full consultation with each owner.

The bond will be placed in a separate account from both RMS and the developments management account. 50% of any received bond amount will be locked by the bank(UNIVERSAL BANK) and require the signature of an independent solicitor and RMS to release the blocked amount, thereby giving all owners the necessary security and at the same time allowing RMS some flexibility.

Because some owners feel that their property may not be sold on for some time, and therefore not have the bond returned, we have decided to deduct 50% of the original bond amount from the 2nd years management fees, but then only if that owners obligations have been met on time in the interim. The original bond amount will also accrue interest which will either be deducted from the following years management budget or accredited to each individuals original bond amount, again after consultation with each owner. END QUOTE

He is also sending out a statement to all shortly with in depth information on accounting procedures, the bond etc. but is happy for me to post this now.

Please lets remember that RMS will be working with us for the good of SWB for the next couple of years, they have been appointed, they have done a lot of work already on the project plan so lets work with them to make our investments a great thing.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 82 in Discussion

Good posting mint information that should help everyone. I started a new thread because I wanted to do some research and obtaininformation on RAs.

I have seen an email to a K Hunt from RMS who appear to point out that we do not have a properly constituted RA. I know Davidoff has opted out but we must set up a proper RA so I have copies a response on RA below.........

(From Ishmail: Residents who want to make up a association to run there block of apartments ect, must form commitee with proper book, this must have signed voting letter from all residents or letter to explain they dont want to vote, and must register this book with the noter and go to the tapu i think also, they must have a majority for, then they can employ a company to look after there apartment complex or block on proper contract, some developers have contracts that say the developer company will supply the maintenance peoples so in this case residents association is no use, they can make one but they cant change without the develpoers aggrement or buy out the maintenance peoples. I think mebee elko will help more on this one. )

Do all owners agree we should commence setting up a proper RA so we can approach RMS and SWB with some form of mandate?

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Davina,

After SWB look after the basic site for the first 6 months (start date still to be decided) for which we make a payment then its Bond to RMS plus 1st year. Although the statement Mike gave me (posted below) states a change in the second year.

Does anyone know who has appointed Arnold Nineteen? What "tactics" and who are these majority of owners? No one person can speak for other owners without their permission.

If people can't put names and facts on here then we cant debate so its all hearsay and guess work.

If things don't work out with RMS then that is the time to think about the residents forming a steering committe with full/majority agreement of the owners and with the view to looking at how best to move forward to either appointing a different management company or even setting up a owners management company to do it ourselves. The owners will then have their work cut out to deliver standards and being accountable to resident and non resident owners with the added dimension of transient holidaymakers this potentially will be a nightmare logistically as well as personally.

With the size and complexity of SWB and the plans for its future this will not be a small task. I for one do not want other owners laying down laws about what I can and can't do on site and even more importantly my property and then taking things into their own hands. If a Management Company(RMS) sets rules after consulation with the owners then that is another matter. We need health and safety to be paramount that is a given but we all want to enjoy living or visiting SWB.

We have already seen on the forums trouble makers that will not reveal their names stirring things up. Just think what it could be like if this kind of behaviour is allowed to rule SWB.

regards

Sheila

davidoff

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

I still feel that swb needs an RA or owners comittee/association to give more security all round.

And that owners, swb and rms should work hard together and not against eachother to make this happen if thats what they so wish.

take care d

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Davina,

I agree we do all need to work together but from a good place and only working from facts, the owners should have a voice but how that voice is made up is something that needs to be looked into. Mike did speak about sending out questionarres to all owners which would be a good opportunity to bring up how the owners can be involved etc. Personally what I don't want is bad feeling amongst owners which then could potentially make it difficult when on site when we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves whether holidaying or permanent.

I can't wait till I am on my roof terrace in the jacuzzi drink in hand wathcing the stars.

kind regards.

Sheila

norths4me

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 82 in Discussion

At last!!! Good healthy debate bo snide comments in inuendos. Well done guys lets keep it up.

Sheila good work and great posting well done

Arnold19, I wasnt going to comment on this. Its obviously someones stupid idea to try and stop any bad posts appearing. Very bad idea whoever it is you have made yourself look foolish, and I think everyone has an idea who it could be so lets not hear any more about Arnold19 just ignore it.

Have a good weekend

sweep

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 82 in Discussion

ninty

you have hit the nail on the head i think everyone should support rms and any issues they have put them accross in a construtive way rarther than knocking there door down every day rms will be working for us and if everyday they are put down by us why would they try and improve or do asmuch as possible for the owners i have only this forum for the first time this week, and boy is it heated can someone ask mike to send out q/a sheets give him something positve to read and reply to as we can all fill them in and give them a better picture of poeples negitives/positives about everything is going on it can only be for the good of everyone if he has a better picture of how everyone feels and a survey is a fantastic idea how to put this to him.

davidoff

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 82 in Discussion

Hi mint ,

Hope you can help again- Im baffled where are the smilies from in your posts?

Ive searched high and low on this site and cant find them?

Where are they hiding?

take care d

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 82 in Discussion

The RMS Property and Contents Insurance premiums look good no doubt we will be able to see the policy details in due course. Now they are providing information I feel comfortable running with them for the time being. I have not been stirring them up but have asked for facts and have had responses to E Mails. I would still question the amount of the bond if they antiicipate they will only need 50% of it in the second year. I do however feel that we should be building up a surplus fund for paintwork say in 3/4 years time and perhaps the RA could stipulate that the external colours should be limited.

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Davina,

I just do keyboard symbols and they change to smilies. a normal smile is : - ) but without the spaces in between.

happy

change the last or first

:-( sad is a (

;-) wink is ;

If you google you will get a list. Knowing my luck this won't work now LOL

Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 82 in Discussion

Ho Hum

Maybe only happy smile works on this board

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 82 in Discussion

( -: : -) (-) ((()))0 sorry mint I just dont get it try this JUST SMILE

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 82 in Discussion

that didnt work either I give up

davidoff

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 82 in Discussion

Thanx guys n gals

Will try it now ?

take care d

davidoff

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 82 in Discussion

Oh yeah- rock n roll

cheers mint

davidoff

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 82 in Discussion

Rocky what was that supposed to be -Im confused??

??

rocky

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 82 in Discussion

message 48 and 49 were my attempts at smiley faces I followed Mints instructions but could not get a smiley face

davidoff

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 82 in Discussion

Hi rocky,

Oh well- 3rd time lucky hey?

take care d

rocky

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 82 in Discussion

davidoff I still cant get smileys is it coz my computer is old? its not a spectrum from the 70's but a dell from the naughties. When pressing _;-) do you need to press a function key? or something else? (Smiley face)thats the best I can do.

davidoff

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Does anyone know when we are supposed to sign the contracts for rms is it after the initial 6 month period or before?

??

Take care d

norths4me

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 82 in Discussion

It depends what it says in your contract of sale. Mine states that it is after the 6 month period

jakki

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 82 in Discussion

Our contract states - 'After the initial maintenance period, the Purchaser hereby agrees and undertakes to sign and exchange a maintenance and management contract with the compny duly designated by the Vendor and communicated to the Purchaser and the Vendor agrees to transfer and assign the management and maintenance provisions of this Agreement to this company'

So it will kick in after the six month period.

sweep

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 82 in Discussion

will you be signing it if you disagree what is in the contract ie i am not happy with the bond request of 720

rocky

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 82 in Discussion

Sweep I dont think we have any choice if the contract says (as Jakki quotes) we have agreed, I feel more comfortable with RMS with the money protected and 50% refund in the second year. The whole 720 should not be required in year 1 . We have not got a properly constituted RA and I dont feel that anyone should be representing themselves as such. The difficulty is getting the whole thing set up with so many properties and so many owners apread around the world. We should be very careful who we delegate any authority to represent us.

sweep

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 82 in Discussion

thanks rocky

libby

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 82 in Discussion

im with sweep ,any moneys paid b y ourselves will be in arrears with no bond payable.if any upgrades or extraordinary expences are needed after all warranty periods have expired then we would be only to happy to look at quotations for the same. i have a contract with swb but i do not have a contract with rms ,and looking at his prices for the site maintainance which are i believe 20% over competitors who are running complexes in the trnc i do not think we can do business with this untried inexperienced co.a lot of comments have been made against attempts to form a ra ,the logistics of speaking to owners and recieving info from individuals is not easy in the trnc,kieth hunt has done an admirable job in trying to set up an association wherebye owners wll have strengh in numbers tocomment or rebuff unreasonable demands from whoever.valid questions have been asked of rms and also buildind design concerns to swb .i belive answers have not yet been recievd .why have the contributers to this forum not got behind kieth and formed a bono fide commitee we seem to have all the skills in house .

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 82 in Discussion

libby if Jakki's postning is correct then SWB select the management company for the initial period, is your contract different? You mention Keith I am not sure what he is doing there is releatively little constructive communication in this respect. It may well be that he does not have an internet facility.

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 82 in Discussion

I should have sent welcome Libby sorry I note you appear to be a new contributor (or an old one in disguise perhaps)

jakki

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Libby and welcome to the Forum. We don't have a lot of choice in relation to RMS being the management company selected by SWB. 'The maintenance of the facilities will thereafter be carried out by this company and the Vendor will be deemed to have assigned all maintenance work to this compnay with the consent of the Purchaser here obtained' is your contract different? The Private Forum was a complete waste of time - no offence to Davina who took great care and effort to set the thing up - but it all rather flew in the face of the whole concept and I am referring to those people who preferred to remain anonymous who left negative and rather meaningless messages and I believe this is what put people off in trying to establish a RA. I think I can say that we all admire Keith for his efforts. Hey Sheila are you really putting a jacuzzi on your roof - wow!!!

mint1955

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Jakki,

Yes we are planning to put a jacuzi in as the villa roofs are strong enough and as we can get it filled before we or guests arrive for holidays and then emptied as we leave it will work out worth doing. What with that and your idea of a small portable fridge for the roof then we are well set up for star gazing Fancy a splash?

Welcome Libby I guess you are buying on SWB? Please let us have some facts to go on. I have never heard from Keith so unable to comment.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 82 in Discussion

Mint (or perhaps its sheila) the jacuzzi sounds interesting when is your house warming party? seriously though is this something SWB are doing for you or are you getting a seperate company to do this? I understand its hot in Cyprus now so you may need to take bottled water with you to fill it up. Why not have a bring a bottle party?

mint1955

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

We will look at pricing up nearer the time but there are many companies in NC that deliver and site them for you. They are not exceptionally heavy in themselves and as the heavy plant will still be onsite then it can be lifted in place all the easier. Party won't be until about May next year LOL Bringing a bottle will be great but water we can supply

Sheila

jakki

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 82 in Discussion

Well it's a date then - Rocky's for New Year's Eve and Sheila's in May - can't wait!! I have mentioned the jacuzzi to my boyfriend and he keeps shaking his head 'no, no, no' - watch this space!!

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Well with ... N4M s BBQ, Rockys new years eve bash and Sheilas jacuzzi party ... you definately wont get bored or be short of things to do onsite!!

Take care d

sweep

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 82 in Discussion

libby thanks for the support

mint how much for the purchase of a jacuzzi

to all i will visiting swb approx beginning of the third week in aug if anybody would like any photos taking of the plots let me know as i am over there snagging two plots so i will let you know how i get on as to how good they are

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 82 in Discussion

sweep already asked Jacuzzi question on the other thread and Mint replied so I wont repear the answer

rocky

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 82 in Discussion

sorry Sweep last posting poorly worded and mispelt and misinformation I am looking at too many threads re jacuzzi I guess one shops around for the best deal, brilliant idea though

sweep

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 82 in Discussion

no probs cheers

jakki

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 82 in Discussion

I remember Andy and Jac saying that they were visiting NC around this time and said they would be taking photos. Thanks Sweep - if you could take photos of our villa (C34) would be grateful since not had an up-date on the SWB site since the 12th June.

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 82 in Discussion

Hi Sweep,

If you are passing C41 then any updated progress photos would be appreciated.

I would think the communal area's must be changing so fast as the completion dates approach again any photos would be of interest to us all that can't get out to see just yet.

Don't have costs for Jacuzzzi yet but I will post when I do a check. There is now an inflatable version as well which could be of interest.

Sheila

davidoff

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 82 in Discussion

Hi all,

Mint Ive seen the new inflatable versions aswell which look good.

The only thing is that maybe youd have to check and see if they will be able to cope with the constant 40oc heat in NC ?

Take care d

jakki

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 82 in Discussion

I may be out-of-date here but just checked the SWB site - new photos of pool and shop area - really taking shape now.

jakki

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 82 in Discussion

Sheila you really have started something with this jacuzzi idea!! - An inflatable one sounds like good sense in that it can be deflated and put away until next time I suppose. My guess is that they are designed, one would hope, to cope with severe heat.

davidoff

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 82 in Discussion

Hi jakki,

No your not out of date... as Ive just noticed them this morning aswell!

Pools are looking GREAT!! Cant wait to take a dip!

Take care d

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 82 in Discussion

Ooooo good point re heat. Not getting one ourselves but I know some who are thinking of it so I will pass on that thought.

Fantastic pics its all moving on a pace. I hope Andysue and JacK have managed to take some good photos while they were out there and come back with lots of news.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 82 in Discussion

It is exiting waiting for the July swb visitors returning with all their photos lets hope they have loads of good news.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.