North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is it worth shipping my Car to NC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is it worth shipping my Car to NC

Is it worth shipping my Car to NC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

sunshine22

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 06:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

Not sure whether to ship my car from Dubai or just sell and buy something smaller in NC.

I have a Pajero LWB 3.8 GLS, 4 years old, will it be costly to:

A. Ship my car to NC

B. Tax and Insure my car in NC

C. Running costs approx for my car in NC ( I do know that petrol is much more expensive in NC than Dubai)

One other thing I am not sure about is if the car had to be bought brand new by the shipper, i.e. My husband bought the car brand new 4 years ago in his name, after his untimely death almost 2 years ago, the car was transfered to my name, does that mean NC would see me as the second owner or under the circumstances, as long as I had all the relavent paperwork, would they still deem as 1 owner from new?

Thank you for any and all advice

Carol

Groucho

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 06:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Carol,

Is the car right-hand drive. Left hand drive are not allowed to be imported now.

The taxes on imported cars are outrageous and there are all sorts other stipulations about the car being under three years old unless you are the original owner and you might find problems arguing your case even though anyone with an ounce of sense would agree with your right to bring it...

You may well find it more advantageous to sell it before you go to the bother of exporting it merely to sell it as you are adding expense in transport and transit insurance into the equation...

sunshine22

Message Posted:
08/06/2010 06:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Groucho,

Thank you for your reply, in everthing I have been reading, I had forgotten that NC drive same side of the road as Uk. My car is left hand drive and that solves that problem straight away, sell it I must before I come to NC.

Thanks again for your help and advice

Carol

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.