North Cyprus Tourist Board - The washing machine is back with a new timer and still not turning
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > The washing machine is back with a new timer and still not turning

The washing machine is back with a new timer and still not turning

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LostFound

Message Posted:
11/06/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Yes I did put a posting on the forum before. BUT I would like to get some feedback on when testing my washing machine it brought the water to literally boiling point. Yes I used the geni to test if it works. Arcelik brought my machine back from repair having replaced the timer as they said that’s the reason why it wasn’t working. I know on my previous posting many people say you must not use a washing machine with a generator under 8.5 and I understand now that is true cos still not turning ( but why did the washing machine let in hot water from the mains in the first place. Did they connect it differently. Im sure before it let cold water in and heated up and surely the hot water from the solar panels would be too hot so all machines must be connected to the cold wate). Aside from that how did the washing machine (set on 50 degress) within 5 mins make the water literally boil if the geni is not enough to power it! I burnt my hand and ruined some clothes.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
11/06/2010 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Sorry to have to say it, but you've been 'Cypriotised'!

Welcome to Cyprus!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
11/06/2010 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Arcelik is a big company,if they did something wrong,they'll put it right.Go back to them!

My logic tells me why it mat not have worked but I'm not WM repairer.

So,rather then me trying to "'Cypriotise' you,call them back.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/06/2010 07:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Actually, you are quite right 'yorgozlu' - Arcelik were absolutely marvellous when we had ongoing problems with our TV - even when it was out of guarantee they fixed it. Obviously, at first, their technician(s) couldn't trace the problem and in the finish they got some very expensive part from Turkey which they didn't charge us for - the TV's been goodo for a coupla years now! Two very pleasant lads used to come in the van and take it to Lefkosa - they got to know us really well. We always gave them coffee and biscuits, so I think they liked coming!

wanderer

Message Posted:
12/06/2010 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I said on the last post you did one this carbon bushes there are usually four round the motor and they wear down the machine does everything but turn

With 5 kids 4 playing football and my muddy cycling stuff we used to burn bushes out in 6-9 months the engineer could not believe it it was on 10 + times a day get them to check them when they come back as their repair has not worked

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.