North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where were all you expats this morning in Girne
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where were all you expats this morning in Girne

Where were all you expats this morning in Girne

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

crimper

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 60 in Discussion

We attended the property auction this morning in Girne, and expected to see a lot more expats showing their support , the turnout was very poor, it was a shame that more people couldn't have made the effort to attend. For whom the bell tolls. It could be you next.

sloan

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 60 in Discussion

Hear, hear! We were there. I find it difficult to believe that people are being so complacent and uncaring. Might NOT be you next, but surely you can be empathetic with those whose turn it may be next time.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 60 in Discussion

I've posted this on the other thread but I think it's worth saying it again. One gentleman who's home was being auctioned today told us that this was the first home he had been able to afford to buy at the age of 63. He is now 68 years old and stands to lose it. It's disgraceful. The Kulaksiz 5 residents were there today and we spoke to some people who are just here on holiday and read about it in Cyprus Today yesterday. If they could take time out to support these people then I'm sure those of us that live here could put ourselves out for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning. What a pity more did not.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 60 in Discussion

THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE IN TRNC AND WERE POSTING ON THIS FORUM THIS MORNING THEN CONSIDER SELVES TREATED AS SCABS.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN GIRNE, YOU OBVIOUSLY HAD NO EXCUSE NOT TO BE THERE.

I CERTAINLY NOTED A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY POST ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS. I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO POST ON HERE WHEN ALMOST A HUNDRED OTHERS WERE FIGHTING FOR YOUR SECURITY AS REGARDS PROPERTY IN TRNC.

I really despair of the ostriches, they are the first out whinging about being ripped off etc but at the back of the queue when something needs doing.

Bah, humbug, why should I worry and spend hours/days fighting for such people as you. I give up.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 60 in Discussion

cyprusishome, dont take it to heart with this mornings turnout, you have lazy people who have lazy minds, thats how a lot people in NC are, nothing more nothing less. Look at it that you are a leader, most couldnt lead a puppy dog, most only want to go to the pubs and smoke and moan...... But those of you who keep working away are doing a fine job in allerting people to these poor sods plight.

Many of us in GB look to yourself as one guy that does, where as those that dont, are normally takers and always have been.

Take heart, just keep at it, as nobody else is capable!!.....x

wynyardman

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 60 in Discussion

"I'm alright Jack!! Is this how the expats that live the dream, want to be known.??

Self! Ahhh!

wynyardman

dizzycows

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 60 in Discussion

wyn, most are too sozzled on a Sunday, they couldnt give a hoot about any one other than themselves. It is so sad if cyprusishome is right about hundreds more being homeless, if only these people could show solidarity, some hope Im thinking. .....x

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 60 in Discussion

Amazing! How can so many people not give a damn about their fellow-man?

I do so hope there will be a good turnout for Mary and Geoff at court tomorrow.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 60 in Discussion

Some of us work on sundays!! Dont slag everyone off most people probably wish to have been there.

hattikins

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 60 in Discussion

Some very strong and sweeping statements have been made regarding this mornings attendance, maybe some people couldn't be bothered to turn up, but others may have had a justifiable reason, myself included, so please think before attacking everyone. This sort of attitude and language doesn't help matters in the slightest.

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 60 in Discussion

I found it to be quite emotional. Those poor people through no fault of their own, stuck in this situation. They were so grateful for the support of the British people. Very humbling experience.

lippylush

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 60 in Discussion

Just wish Dave and I had been over, we would certainly have given our support. Like a lot of other people we are in a similar position and there but for the grace of God go us. We should all be supporting each other and thank goodnes for people like Marian and Cyprusishome and all the others who are fighting so hard for us all. It really feels like a waiting game now wondering who will be next.

Sue

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 60 in Discussion

We too would have given support for last weeks and this weeks auctions. So sad and very sorry for the people who are in this position.

Linda

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 60 in Discussion

I agree with message 10 hattikins, don't paint everyone with the same brush.

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 60 in Discussion

Well here goes,I normally take my husbands advice and not bother writing on this board when somone annoys me but today,to all of you who have commented so far as to why the expats were not there this morning .................HOW DARE YOU .............You have no idea why people couldn't make it,some of my friends are very ill ,they stood for three hours last week in Karsiyaka to support people they don't know,including my hubby and me.

We always try to contribute to all the charity's ,there are many of them, and yes we feel guilty when we cant go to all the fundraising dances,balls you name it.Not easy when no income,no pension but find money from somewhere to help.

We are not drunk all the time,do not smoke,help our english friends when needed and also our TC friends.

Just to let you know,we can't be there tomorrow either in court for Mary,am having blood tests done but wish them all the best.

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 60 in Discussion

Continued,I havent finished yet

Maybe before you all rant and rage why people were not there just take a moment to think .We all have other things we have to do and it's a bonus if we can help.

Rant over,maybe some might just apologies

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 60 in Discussion

Well said chinaeyes message15 and 16, I am with you on that.

Regards

james

Sal1262

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 60 in Discussion

Cyprusishome you should be commended for your support and tenacity over this issue. However if you want others, the likes of Chinaeyes, to follow your campaign don't berate them. In any ongoing campaign somebody needs to be the informant for all others and when a rallying call goes out the group are well informed enough to decide on their preferred course of action. It may be letter writing, it may be e-mailing, it may be lobbying local politicians or others elected and it may be a show of solidarity and physical support. People only support when they are made feel welcome. As for the couldn't care's they will always be couldn't care's and no amount of persuasion is likely to get them on board. Lets face it, would you want the sozzled crew there on the day? Those that could be there today and weren't will wrestle with their conscience. Those who wanted to be there but couldn't will also feel bad about it but are likely to do something about it. You need to keep them with you.

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 60 in Discussion

Message 18 Sal1262 well said, a good balanced view.

Sal1262

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 60 in Discussion

I am in the UK and would love nothing better than to spend my time e-mailing where necessary to show my support. I have sent countless e-mails to Akfinans Bank and also a copy of the West Midlands page covering the piece. I have also kept my builder up to date on my feelings about the whole matter in anticipation that they talk to other building trade people. A supply of e-mail addresses could be useful for a lobbying group from here in the UK. We can all get involved then.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 60 in Discussion

It is a shame when a blanket cover goes out there is always the same 2 or 3 come on ranting about it.

The implication of myself and others is those that are sat at home. Of course we know people work but not all 8,000 who will potentially be here.

It would be nice if those ranting above had no problems but we do and I will keep fighting until I get our home finished. If it it means stepping on a couple of tender feet then tough!!!!!!

I say again apathy rules among British people every where, they always expect some one else to sort their problesm.

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 60 in Discussion

You are wrong cyprusishome, it is you who is ranting, I am not apathetic as you suggest, but have other things going on in my life.

I fully sympathise with your position, but don't blame us all because we have other things we need to sort out.

Regards

James

wynyardman

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 60 in Discussion

Perhaps it would have been better to thank the less than 0.5% of the ex pat community who did take the trouble to turn up, and

show solidarity with these poor people.

wynyardman

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 60 in Discussion

Message 21

My feet certainly aren't tender and I have never ranted at anyone in my life you pompous person.I seem to remember a few years back i had much sympathy with a situation involving a certain man called Reg and Victorian Homes and the poor people he left in the myre,my friends and I did many things to try and track him down to help.

I choose not to discuss any problems I might have with property and would rather get on and sort anything out myself.

Maybe you should stop and think before you write any more ,take a few deep breaths and be grateful there are people who have supported so far,am sure it's not doing your blood pressure any good.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 60 in Discussion

well if any one has any feelings for others perhaps some of us wouldnt feel as we do and castigate on this subject. ..... As for saying 'How Dare You' , I did and I stand by what I wrote..... I expect you will have another excuse why you cant be there tomorrow as well, seen it all before, 'Oh cant come',..... 'I cant' .... I cant,...... I cant....Aunty is ill, dog needs worming, I give to loads of charities, but you miss the point....its what you call apathy big time......

Cyprusishome has done it to try and wake us/you all up, so any of us should not feel safe until something is done.....

Rhodesian

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 60 in Discussion

We were there but it was disappointing that more people didn't turn up - lets hope we can do better next time. More importantly, lets hope that the TRNC governments starts listeneing. Good to meet those that turned up.

regards

Milou

Rhodesian

dizzycows

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 60 in Discussion

Good on all those folks that turned up, its so horrible to loose your home and I just wonder where these poor folks will live as dont think NC have displaced peoples homes or do they?

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 60 in Discussion

Too much bickering for me at the end of the day people stand to lose everything and have been shafted by builders,banks and a government who haven't got a clue and who would also struggle to lie in bed straight at night.

People don't need to justify why they didn't turn up it is very simple, You either get down to these auctions irrespective of ones nationality and show support for these poor people or you sit back do nothing and hope the bank or a GC don't come knocking

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 60 in Discussion

Thanks to all that did turn up. Sad that more didn't but as a result of David's and others postings more people are aware of the problems of buying due to laws that give no protection to buyers .There has been some much needed media attention and I think the message "no kokan no money" will grow. Property magazines will hear about this soon and sad but true the negative publicity will have a detrimental effect on the construction industry, estate agencies, legal and furniture sales. This is not what people wanted, we all wanted to see the TRNC grow and prosper with the standard of living improving for the TC's. However apathy from those that could make changes but refuse to do so will hinder progress.

Pressure is now coming from different sources and if I was a honest builder in the TRNC I would be concerned about my livelihood. At the end of the day this is where the real pressure will come. Don't get hung up on numbers, its the message that counts. The word is spreading.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 60 in Discussion

Bradus,

Spot on, one day soon the stone will land in the pond and the ripples will spread fear into the TRNC economy and the only people to blame will be the government who have allowed it to happen

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 60 in Discussion

First I take it those that cannot be bothered have their kocans etc. If not then you should make time because your turn will come then you will wonder where the help is coming from.

As for china eyes - you have said totally the wrong thing to this victim. Still struggling after 4 years to get OUR VICTORIAN HOMES home finished. So you want a fight you will get one here!!!!!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 60 in Discussion

Wrong cyprusishome, we have our kochan, its the mind set that needs to change on these sort of issues.

Its what always made GB great, the people cared, people pulled together in a crisis, but sadly you have those that just dont.......... or wont......

hal9000

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 60 in Discussion

I was there this morning, I was there for Jeff and Mary, I was there last Sunday. I can't be there tomorrow, although I would like to be. There has been a lot of truth spoken on both sides of this argument and a deafening silence from those that just couldn't be bothered. My fear is that there were about 400 there last week, about 100 this week - what about the next one? The chances are this will become a weekly event and we risk it just being accepted as part of the Cypriot landscape.

When the foreign press pick up on it the death knell of the TRNC property market will truly sound. It will take years - possibly decades - before any of us can sell our homes for anything approaching what we paid. If nothing else, THAT will be one reason I'll be at the next auction.

And why we all should be, whether we've got property problems or not.

hattikins

Message Posted:
13/06/2010 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 60 in Discussion

And where we all will be if it is possible, but snide remarks ( especially from people in the UK) and downright animosity will not swell the numbers. Everyone here knows how the land lies, everyone is heartsick at what is being allowed to happen but please, people can only do what they can do, if you weren't there today because you couldn't be bothered then you need to perhaps think how you would feel in that position, but if you couldn't make it for whatever reason then sadly people must accept that and not resort to name calling and insults.

Hector

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 60 in Discussion

How many locals turned up to show solidarity with their fellow countrymen?

HildySmith

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 60 in Discussion

Many of us are already in the same boat. I too am a pensioner, I now have no home or furniture in England and no home or furniture here thanks to a Basta** Builder, Crooked advocate and disinterested landowner. I too have waited 4 years for my house which is now falling down the hill and I am fighting hard for my home But

I am not blaming anyone else for this mess

I am not demanding their action from others and blaming them for inaction

I am nor castigating people because they have lives to live

I am burying my head in the sand because what I see above the sand I don't like and I fear what is going to happen.

Going to a court fills me with despair about my own situation

HildySmith

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 01:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 60 in Discussion

My would-be next door neighbour has just about to be declared bankrupt due to his situation with the same builder, advocate and landowner. He lost his job last year and could not sell his house in the UK. I have been supporting him and finding out what he can do here to fight his case which won't cost him money he has not got.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 06:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 60 in Discussion

David,

I wasn't going to comment on this thread but after reading it again think it is veryunfair of you to shout at people for not being in Girne yesterday. If you want to get peoples backs up keep going on like this and nobody will support you. You have to remember a lot of the ex-pat community are elderly and the strain of going to these demo's can be detrimental to their health. My reason for not being there either last week or this I will not discuss on this forum, but to say people are selfish and don't care is way out of order.

Dizzy,

As to your statement 'most are sozzled' on a Sunday I will treat with the contempt it deserves you are one horrible little woman. How dare you pass judgement on people you don't know and you don't even live here!!

Chris

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 60 in Discussion

Hector,

Not enough I am afraid and it was strongly noted by those that did bother to turn out.

One last comment from me and I know this reflects the opinion many who do bother to turn out to all of these events.

If there are 6 of you having a go at me and the others that have made the same comment then may be there is a hint of guilt there.

Chris you do a good job with your project on healh care and a few people turn out to support at Guidos etc. But are you one of the lucky ones with kocan, water, electric and a completed home.

To me those are more important than anything else. As things stand at the moment we stand no chance of ever getting mains water and electric along with hundreds of others. If hundreds do not turn out at each of the upcoming auctions then those with problems may as well give up and leave. Many with all the above are going to be doing that anyway over the next six months.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 60 in Discussion

The government will listen if there is continued mass meetings. Last sunday looked good for us, yesterday Dr Eroglu will be rubbbing his hands with glee.

Rhodesian

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 60 in Discussion

Just to let everyone know that Moira and I were there in support and feel it's a pity that more people didn't turn up.

Many of us have problems with developers and management companies and if we don't all stick together we shall get nowhere. All this has been getting a lot of attention lately and we must keep the momentum up.

Maybe we should all fix a date to turn up at the President's Office to ask for an appointment to see him. After all, when we all met the President at the Pia Bella he did say that his office was open to discuss our problems.

Lets have a better turn out the next time there's a auction.

Regards

Keith and Moira (milou)

dizzycows

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 60 in Discussion

Good call Rhodesian, perhaps its something that could be set up with the HBPG.

Nurseawful, care less whether you think Im horrible, you dont know me, and like wise! Its a fact that so many of you do just think of yourselves. That statement is not nessesarily aimed at you but to a lot in NC.

If cyprusishome stays fighting for a cause that he hardly gets any support from for you people, who may loose your homes, is that not sad?..... I for one think its very sad......

hattikins

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 60 in Discussion

Yet again a thread that ends up with personal insults from people who have no idea what they are talking about, and you wonder ??

nurseawful

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 60 in Discussion

Dizzy,

"It's a fact that many of you do just think of yourselves'.

Well just for the record not that it is really any of your business, yes I am thinking of myself for the first time since I came here 6 years ago. a

At this moment in time I am wearing a heart monitor for the second time in 4 days. So before you cast aspersions on people you do not know, think on, there is often a legitimate reason for people not turning up at these demonstration.

Cyprusishome is doing a great job nobody denies that but please refrain from generalising about the people who post on this board.

Chris

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 60 in Discussion

nurseawful

Dizzy explained she wasnt talking about you personally,and you dont have to explain yourself.

Generalising does not mean everyone but as the word suggests, in 'general' the support was poor.

As for not everyone being there, of course thery cant,for work or other reasons ,I wasnt there myself.However ,I would be interested to know how many people were at the beach, having a drink at the harbour, or town cafes,in Lemar and Astro shopping,at the same time.

As for illness ,surely the numbers involved would not have made a big difference.As for working,didnt know so many expats had employment, again, to make that much of a difference.

As such, I agree with Dizzy, a lot of people that could have gone ,just didnt.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 60 in Discussion

Nurseawful, I am sorry that you too have a heart monitor, to set the record straight as you say, the casting of aspersions was to the majority not at 'one' person, so why do you take it that it was just aimed at you?

This forum is for us all to say or think how we see NC, if its how I and others see it, to say I should not generalise about people in NC, thats is not freedom of speach, it too was not just at the forum members, but as a whole. There is a problem with apathy, why condone this.

On the ligitimate side of people not turning up , well it wasnt aimed at them was it!

On the heart monitor issue, if you can keep from smoking, keep away from other smokers, keep your stress level down, ie dont read and answer posts that upset you, I am sure as a lot of us know who have been in the same situation, things will settle down for you. Passive smoking is also to be avoided, as this can upset the heart beat. Hope you soon feel better, ....

Steve1948

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 60 in Discussion

Please could anybody explain to me the circumstances that have caused this very sad situation for so many people.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 60 in Discussion

I have read this post with interest and have watched as (not unusually for C44) the discussion has turned into a slanging match.

People have a right to do what they want, when they want, and I find it quite sad that posters have chosen to harangue those that didn't turn up. It is their choice and they shouldn't feel that they have to vindicate themselves.

Just my opinion of course.

Paul

malsancak

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 60 in Discussion

anyone want to get back to the original purpose of this thread?

rowan

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 60 in Discussion

I have attended both auctions to support the people who are likely to lose their homes, and, yes, the turn out yesterday was disappointing, but please, all of you who read this board and any other, please try and turn out for the next one. There will be others, of that I have no doubt, and I think it is really important that we show a united front, saying by our presence that we will not tolerate what is happening. I know many people will have sound reasons for not being able to attend, but to everyone else, it really is important that you turn up and show support. Looking forward to seeing lots of folks at the next one.

Hector

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 60 in Discussion

I note cyprusishome reply to my question (and no I wasn't 'having a go') about how many locals turned up ('Not enough I am afraid and it was strongly noted by those that did bother to turn out.)

I don't see anyone having a go at them for not turning up. Anyone any ideas as to why they didn't?

How many expats living in the TRNC are regular visitors to this forum? Are those that do contribute a fair representation of the general opinions of those that aren't a part of the forum?

malsancak

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 60 in Discussion

looks like the end if this thread then

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 60 in Discussion

Fiendishpaul

You are quite right people shouldnt be harangued,but there very few doing that.

Its a democracy and nobody should be asked to support a position they dont agree with ,for fear of being harangued. However, those that say they are against the evictions,are the ones who maybe should make an effort.

Those that are not bothered either way ,for whatever reason, should be free to carry on doing that.

I think ,rather than those that dont care, Cyprusishome is probably a bit upset at those that say they do care, just to appear to go with the crowd,

On the point about doing what you want when you want, that is not a supreme right,and not backed up by law,

greylag

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 60 in Discussion

http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2010/06/13/no-bids-at-the-north-cyprus-tutuska-property-auction/

Just a link i found,

Grey.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
14/06/2010 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 60 in Discussion

Girne29

"On the point about doing what you want when you want, that is not a supreme right,and not backed up by law"

I did of course mean within the constraints of the law.

Paul

mamachina

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 60 in Discussion

Sorry - I didnt go! Why didnt I? Well, unlike some I do not come on the board every day and the first thing I knew was the article in Sats paper - by then it seemed to be too late as it said "today" but didnt say what time one had to be opp the courts and it was already midday. It all seemed very quick and hole in the corner - which didnt give time for more publicity I suppose. But when/if theres another, and I hear about it in time, I will be there. It could still happen to us!!

TJinthesun

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 60 in Discussion

I posted this elsewhere, but it perhaps would have more resonanec here.

Weshould perhaps dwell a little more on the positive achievemnets of the few who have turned out. Stopped auction, coverage in TC/Turkish news papers, coverage in the UK, appearnce of Denktash - the father of the TRNC.......etc.

The over abundance of notes above about "poor" turnout detracts from the task in hand, and could give the impression to a casual observer that this is a "fringe" activity at best.

To those of you who where there and continue to move the cause forward well done and thank you from a UK based supporter.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 60 in Discussion

There are no 2 threads running which people should move to, imo

One is by sloan where she has got some interpretaion of the comments in TRNC press. For the last week the press has run a brilliant campaign as has TV where programs have gone on for several hours.

The TC people have done themselves proud by their efforts.

Now I have started a new thread with an auction coming up 4th July in esentepe, plus possibly 2 more this coming sunday. Information is as usual scant but will be supplied as soon as available. Unfortuanatley not a sticky despite my request earlier today. Fingers crossed Izzet will do so soon.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 60 in Discussion

I was amazed at the poor turnout on Sunday. Even from Turkish Cypriots. Anyone who can attend these auctions MUST. We need a show of strength in numbers to let the government know this CAN't continue. It's not just an ex-pat or TC problem, it's a problem of national humanity.

When the estate agents law came out to prevent people mortgaging land, hundreds of people found out their sites were mortgaged. Myself included, with Seatera Reserve to the tune of £2million (without interest). But now it also appears that if a landowner owes money to another, the debtor can get a memorandum against that land, which overrides the contract you have registered. It seems now that registration of contracts does not take precendence to registered contracts. That means that ANYONE who doesn't have their kocans could be in the same situation!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 60 in Discussion

Yes exactly kibrissibel, perhaps it is now starting to register with most of the brits, for goodness sake all of you, get out to these auctions and help.....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.