North Cyprus Tourist Board - Experienced Teachers Assistant seeks work - What do I need to do
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Experienced Teachers Assistant seeks work - What do I need to do

Experienced Teachers Assistant seeks work - What do I need to do

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

DittieD

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have 18 months experience working as a Teachers Assistant in a voluntary position initially which resulted in a paid supply position in a British School working with ages 4 - 7 (foundation stage)

I as seeking work in TRNC and need to know:

- What is available

- What work permit

- what other things do I need to consider to work here

spanna

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi,

I am a teacher in TRNC and, I have to say, I think you will be hard pushed to find paid work as a Teaching Assistant here... The notion of 'TA's' or 'LSA's' hasn't really caught on here yet - unless you are willing to do it on a voluntary basis. Most of the English Schools make little or no provision for children with 'additional learning needs' or 'SEN' - they are either absorbed into the mainstream classroom or, not taken in the first place. I am in the early stages of setting up a new Learning Support department in one of the local English schools and may be looking to recruit volunteer TA's to support a range of students with Specific Learning Difficulties or English as an additional Language, if it takes off! If you are interested, perhaps you could contact me off board to discuss it.

Good luck!! I believe there is a school in Karakum for children with 'special needs' - from moderate to quite profound learning difficulties - if you are interested in that field, it may b

spanna

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

cont'd...

worth contacting them... If there is anyone on the board who has more information about the school - perhaps you could post some details or contact information...

Good luck, David...

Spanna.

HildySmith

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

thanks Spanna,

I would welcome any ideas on this and other work in the area.

HildySmith

Message Posted:
18/06/2010 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Are their any Creche's or playgroups here?

HildySmith

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

What other jobs are available for 30+ brit femail (not bar work)

Pixie

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

In order to work as a teacher or a teachers assistant in a creche, nursery or a school - if you are going to be working with children between the ages of 6-18, You need a teaching degree or a bachelors degree and a teaching certificate (pedadogy)

If you want to work with children between the ages of 3-6 you need a cocuk gelisimi diploma. (childrens development)

The rules are quite strict and people working in these fields are usually working for minimum pay or a few hundred more if they have been working there for a while.

This is why it is simply not worth it to hire someone without qualifications because they are no cheaper and they don't have the proper credentials.

If you have these qualifications you may be able to find an employer who will employ you legally.

If you don't there are a few places you can apply to teach voluntarily (Girne american is one)

If you are interested in working in Nicosia I may be able to help you- send me your cv.

bluestriver@hotmail.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.