North Cyprus Tourist Board - Gatwick WPC firearms officer compensation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Gatwick WPC firearms officer compensation

Gatwick WPC firearms officer compensation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Chelpet

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

This is something that really winds me up, a Woman firearms officer (you are not allowed to say WPC anymore)has been awarded £275,000.00 for constructed dismissal, as she was in a male orientated environment, where male officers put up pin-up pictures, watched occassional dodgy DVDs, and generally had a bit of a wind-up with her, come on dont they breed and train them tougher than that.

It now looks as though she is after a further £300,000.00 in lieu of earnings, all this because she was unable to take some banter and wind-ups.

What do our poor sqauddies get after losing legs, arms, and their sight, a pittance of this, and before the "They knew what they were signing up for brigade" gives me some stick sure they they knew what was involved, but it does help them to read about something like this, this woman will walk away with over 500K and all her bits and pieces intact, and maybe just a twisted mind, this is the nanny state you ex-pats have left.

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

It does seem that the compensation culture we are inheriting from the USA is making a mockery of the plight of many who are more deserving of our sympathy.

jock1

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I used to say,we are 10 years behind the USA, now we are only 10 minutes behind them....

Quarmby

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I bet some of you over there would just love a compensation culture in the TRNC. isn't it just that that's missing?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.