North Cyprus Tourist Board - UK Press >Dream Homes snatched back in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UK Press >Dream Homes snatched back in North Cyprus

UK Press >Dream Homes snatched back in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Boomer47

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Uk Press have now got hold of situation here re people's property being remortgaged without ther knowledge by unscrupulous Builders,who then default on loans. Resulting in the homes then being auctioned off leaving innocent ex-pats and locals homeless !! See Express and Star Midlands.

Fast on the heels of The Oram case, how on earth is the Housing market ever going to recover if this government don't take action quickly and pass new legislation to prevent this happening.Also what is the point in paying solicitors fees for dealing with contracts of purchase when they are not worth the paper they are written on. Wake up TRNC we make a huge contribution to this economy, and are so often taken advantage of, but many are packing up and leaving and they will not now due to such bad publicity be replaced !!.

No longer fear Greek Cypriot property claims, just The Enemy Within !!

spider

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Oh and what i wonder will the UK press do about it...I feel a very very large demonstration is needed with thousands of homeowners out together demanding to see some changes..and the home buyers group should be setting this up.

Spider,X

rowlo

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

more reason not to buy off plan , and do some homework ?

Boomer47

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Spider,of course the UK press will hammer more nails into the coffin of TRNC. Real Estate. I hope Marion Stokes will organise a protest rally too !.

basheer

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

hi spider,the media can stop people investing, especially in the Uk, where investers come from and then all the builders will repent for their acumulated sins

Boomer47

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo, but what about the thousands who have already invested ?

rowlo

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

msg6 , hey you paid your money , you take your chances , never bet more than you can afford to loose ?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Its time to stand up and be counted. How much longer are we expected to sit back, and wait for the gavel to fall.

Post on forums. Write to the President. Lobby Ministers. Encourage the newspapers to support. Have car stickers Have a structured campaign.................but more than anything support quiet demonstration, peaceful and respectful, but for Gods sake please take time out to support. These poor people NEED OUR SUPPORT.

Cyprusishome deserves your support. He has fought long and hard, and deserves better. PLEASE PLEASE support!

wynyardman

Blackbird

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

It really is a shame that once more the TRNC is in the news for all the wrong reasons. I feel for all of those that have lost because of unscrupulous builders, and bogus title deeds.

I love the place, but as I've said before, would never buy there!!!

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo,

are you saying that buying in the TRNC is liking betting? What a good advert!

If so this can't be right. You certainly shouldn't be paying your money to take a chance. You should be paying your money and getting what was agreed in your legally binding sales contract.

Also although many people have had problems buying of plan, the real problem has been non-transfer of title deeds due to waiting for PTP.

It certainly is not about doing your homework because if you did this you would not buy at all as you would have discovered it simply isn't safe. Unless of cause you are a gambler.

rowlo

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

msg10 , ive started a new post , contracts mean nothing , get the keys in your hand mate , if my builder walked away ,i wasnt bothered , all the stuff was in my house , im a joiner , it was only a case of me taking a week of work and going over to fit it ?

cronos

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo...msg 3

Spare us the platitudes....it's becoming really tiresome !

You carry on chanting your idiotic mantra and you may continue to fool yourself.

But everyone with any sense now knows that no amount of homework will protect you from a flawed and discriminatory legal system.

Your patronising simplistic tone is an insult to the many people who are suffering at the hands of the TRNC property system.

No amount of your precious"homework" would have helped them.

Give it a rest.

By all means promote all the great things that the TRNC has to offer.....but please don't encourage others to buy and potentially lose their life savings.

cronos

Message Posted:
15/06/2010 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo...msg 11

Are you for real?

So you are saying that provided that you have the door keys and have DIY skills then your property is safe ????

You are right in one respect...contracts in the TRNC mean nothing.....but neither does possession or occupancy.

Without full title deeds in your name the property is NOT yours and can be taken away from you.

rowlo

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

i assume you have all of the above , and you assume that i dont ?

Bradus

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

The assumption would be that you do as surely you would not be so foolish as, to come on here and spout about how safe it is and how you have done everything right ,if you hadn't got your deeds?

The point people are trying to make is that you left yourself as much at risk as anyone else.

rowlo

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 01:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

the point im trying to say is , would any normal person lay out thousands of pounds on a dream ? i dont think so , a fool and his money are soon parted ? would you buy a concrete shell ? would you part with the cash ? or did you walk away smiling when your builder told you he would build you a villa for 100k, join the que of the most gullable people on the planet ? my place is fin?ished mate , i have no worries , risks ive took afew , but then again to few to mention , regrets i have none ?

simbas

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Msg 16 . A really helpful post . I'm alright too Jack !! , Bought and paid for my my Villa off plan no problem , been using it all these years but 8 yrs on the only problem is the place still looks like a building site , and half the people who are my neighbours paid their monies have nothing but heartache and sorrow to show for their "research ". "Showing Support " is something i think we should all be able to give freely , it's the decent thing to do if a fellow human being is in trouble . I can certainly empathise with them !! something i see you struggle with . As for people being fools , well !! Johnny Rotton was well known for his indulgance in buffoonery { one defination of a fool i believe }

Simbas

Earlybird

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo, as Simbas has said, a question of 'I'm alright Jack' so butt out of postings of people who do have problems. I hardly think you are helping matters.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo

Many hundreds if not thousands have 'laid out' significant money in order to realise their dream. I don't suppose any of them intended to buy a concrete shell, they had a contract in place and expected (not unreasonably) that contract to be honoured. As we have all seen, the contracts have proved all but worthless and where properties have been completed they have then had to wait for kochans to be 'issued'. In the meantime builders have taken out mortgages on the properties. No amount of 'homework' would have prevented this as flaws in the current legislation appear to allow it. The fault of the buyer or the 'system ? I would say the latter.

I note that you have not said whether you have your kochan ? If not, then you may have regrets in the future. However, from your posts I assume that your are able to swallow any loss should you lose your property. Unfortunately, most are not in this position.

Regards

Paul

spider

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo..sometimes your postings are just not worth reading at times..with your sort of attitude towards other folk,it wont be too long before your very much on your own..and if ever its your time to need any form of support i do hope the few friends you might have drop you like a ton of brick...do you have an ounce of care in your personality at all,seems that you have very little if your postings say the type of non human being that your are.!!!! give it a rest and listen to what so many are trying to say to you...read the posts man. ))

Spider.X

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Rowlo

Glad to hear you have no worries in terms of your property one of the positives of the current TRNC property market.

So bearing that in mind it appears to me that you take some kind of perverse pleasure in kicking people and gloating maybe i am wrong but the tone of your posts say otherwise. If i am wrong then sincere apologies, if i am right then back off as people need moral support and help in times like these, they don't need people taking the p*ss and mocking their situation

swannee7

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Get Rauf Denktash on-side. He used to be a hotshot lawyer and learned his trade in England so knows full well how the legal system should work. Get some articulate bright sparks from the Home Owners Group together and lobby him and then lobby him some more. Make sure you also have the Press with you and their photographers. Remember how successful Joanna Lumley was fighting on behalf of the Gurkhas and how she embarrassed a very senior Minister right in front of the cameras? No political big-wig likes adverse publicity. Denktash was in on everything from the start in TRNC and believe me, fat cats don't happen by chance! Good luck to ALL of you who are still struggling for justice in this matter.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/06/2010

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Well said Simbas,

Glad to have Bel and you as neighbours.

touchy subject, but stranding up to wrongdoers takes a little backbone and is the right thing to do.

Lilli

Message Posted:
18/06/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

swannee if only it was that easy, cyprushome tries sooo hard, marion at hpbg does all she can. we have wrtten our home off as bad judgement, itsgetting worse. i predicted 3 years ago thatr these people here would be back in thier villiages in thier 4 whhel drives thibking why have the brits left. x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.