North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish Title... Freehold Deeds are ready
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish Title... Freehold Deeds are ready

Turkish Title... Freehold Deeds are ready

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Stephan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

...please see For Sale Topics for a range of Turkish Title property available in and around Kyrenia...Freehold Titles are ready for Transfer. Stephan 0533 866 1733

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

Ready for transfer to Turkish Cypriots only, you mean, Stephan?

'No Kocan - No money!' has to be the 'name of the game' now - and the government needs to hear this message loud and clear, otherwise the real estate business is doomed in TRNC - oh, and in the South.

Without a ['cast iron'] money back guarantee and cancellation of contract of sale, which [sane!] foreigner is going to dare to invest in pre '74 Turkish Title property?

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

.... but isn't all title now Turkish title, Tenakoutou? The Land Registry is now making no distinctions between types of title. Perhaps Stephan would like to enlighten us as to whether these used to be pre-74 Turkish title or have been designated as Turkish title quite recently.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

Not forgetting that it might take 2/4/6/30 years to get your ptp for turkish title and still be refused.

There is one couple goes to Pia Bella, HBPG have been waiting 6+ years for post '74. Who is going to offer a refund after that length of time, or even still be alive if refused.

The TRNC housing market is now dead unless the government step in NOW and sort things out.

If anyone does buy after reading everything in press, on forums, now in UK press......................................

Stephan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

The properties/land were ALL on pre '74 Title and a written notarised guarantee will/can be given, the only condition is that a full refund, if permission to purchase is refused, will be given when the property is 'resold'... otherwise there is no problem. Your reputable lawyer will advise you...so please dont ask me the ins and outs as regards anything to do with PTP... for those that require it!

The registered Titles are ready for all these properties, and are totally Freehold and without any encumbrances whatsoever.

0533 866 1733 regards, Stephan

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

..... without any encumbrances whatsoever ....... I have a contract that says that....... it has a mortgage on it.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

Thank you for your advice re a 'reputable lawyer'!

I took it and was refused PTP on my GENUINE pre'74 Turkish Title property!

There were no encumbrances on it when I bought it, but two years later I discovered that a crooked bank manager had forged the Vendor's signature and helped himself to a large mortgage on my property - Hosgeldiniz Kibris!

everon

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

we were lucky, we got our kocan on our pre 74 turkish title property, we were frequently told "oh you are wasting your time, you dont need the kocan" now are neighbours cannot have theirs!! we sold the property last year to a TC, the first thing he asked was "have you got the kocan, can I see it" that clinched the sale!!

So, money in the bank, rent a nice villa for 12mths and then its back to the UK for us x

My heart goes out to everyone including lots of our friends who have problems that will NEVER be resolved x

walkerscott

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan,

Talk to me on Friday when i will be available in Kyrenia.

My number is 0533 888 1464

· ENSURE there is a valid and unencumbered Koçan held by the vendor

· A full building permit has been granted for the project

· An electrical project has been approved by Kibtek

· There is water and sewage connection approval

· Full parcelisation approved with a separate Koçans (Deeds) if applicable

· Properties being marketed are not in a security protection zone

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

walkerscott, make sure that if there is NO KOCAN, NO MONEY! This means don't give a penny until the deeds are in your name. That's the ONLY way for foreigners. If you can tell me another way guaranteed to protect the buyer then I'll listen

Stephan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

read msg 5 please malsancak... what more can a genuine vendor do!

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan, you have not addressed my msg 3. The Land Registry makes no distinction between titles now. They will not tell a vendor whether it is pre-74 title or not. When I enquired how you could tell at the Land Registry, I was told 'Go to a bank for a mortgage. If they will give you one, then it is pre-74 Turkish title'. However, it seems that this principle does not apply to builders as they seem to have been able to raise mortgages on Esdeger properties. My question is 'How can you guarantee that it is pre-74 title, when the Land Registry will not?' Also, what is to stop the kocan owner (possibly the original land owner) from 'putting an encumberance' on while the purchaser is waiting for his/her PTP? Too many people have been caught in this trap.

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan, you are right there is little a vendor can do. Unless the government speeds up the process of transferring titles then vendors will find that the NO KOCAN, NO MONEY! approach will kill the property market. Unfortunately there is too much recent evidence that only fools would consider anything else. I say this as a property owner in the north who realises that I am killing my own chances of a sale should I need to make one.

Stephan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

Sloan...I 'enlightened' you as requested in msg5 !!!

...its very simple as regards these properties... just see the 'original' pre '74 Title! A good lawyer will confirm that the Title has no encumbrances, and also confirm it is/was pre'74.

A good reputable Lawyer will, in the contract of sale, stipulate that should at any time there be such a move to 'use' the property for such purposes, then the particular property in question, if used to guarantee any loans etc etc, then the purchaser is due to a full immediate refund in such circumstances!

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan, can that "good lawyer" also confirm that the property will remain without encumbrances from the period the purchaser pays for it until the deeds are transferred into their name? Can they read the mind of the vendor and know whether during that time, whilst they are still the legal owner, the vendor would want to use the property as security? That's why NO KOCAN, NO MONEY! is now the only safe way for a foreigner to buy property in Cyprus (north and south.)

girne 29

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

sloan

"but isn't all title now Turkish title, Tenakoutou? The Land Registry is now making no distinctions between types of title."

If they are not giving turkish title deeds to foreigners but only exchange, then they are making a distinction.

I would be more concerned as to why they dont treat the two types equally. If they are guaranteeing exhange title, then surely that means it rates the same as Turkish.

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

The point I am trying to make is that I was told by builders, lawyers etc. that property was pre-74 title, but the Land Registry will not confirm this as all propert on which kocans are being issued at the present time have the same title, Turkish tile, whether they were formerly pre-74 Turkish, pre-74 British, Esdeger etc. Builders and lawyers can tell you anything, but it will not be confirmed by the Land Registry. Go in and enquire yourself if you do not believe me, but I am telling you of my own experience.

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

girne 29, I believe that I got a kocan on a pre-74 Turkish title apartment last October, but read msg 12 and 17 above .... I cannot prove it.

girne 29

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

Very confusing. They are saying there is only Turkish Title now . So I could sell my exchange title as Turkish title as it has now been designated thus by registry.

That would mean it is better to have exchange as you will not get Kocan refused and you can call it Turkish anyway.

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

or you could say that it was pre-74 Turkish and no one would be able to find out if that was true.

Ozbey

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan wrote:

"a full refund, if permission to purchase is refused, will be given when the property is 'resold'..."

How long will that take after one person has already been refused PTP - only a Cypriot would want to buy it after that - could take years.

You should be offering a full and unconditional refund immediately if PTP is refused - after all you will have had the money for several years by then, - so give it back - you are the one promising that there will be no title problems!!!!!!!!

If you won't guarantee that, then I will not trust anything else that you say'

The supply of "Mug buyers" will be rapidly deminishing soon, so if you don't offer buyer friendly terms then you will not sell anything - and I sincerely hope that nobody buys from you unless you do..

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

Perhaps Stephan is just the man to tell us all and dispel all the confusion....unless he, himself, is completely confused [and dare one possibly suggest ignorant?] about the whole situation?

In the meantime I was lied to and cheated, time without number - Hosgeldiniz Kibris!

sloan

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

No matter what reassurances I was given now, i would not believe them. 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'. I have learnt to my cost that a contract is not necessarily worth the paper it is written on. So I'd get my money back if refused PTP...... I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ozbey

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

Sloan,

I agree. I was being far too lenient with him.

Bradus

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

I would say you should be waiting until buyers have their PTP and then asking for money.

Not before

No kocan, no money

Slaon go to the ROC registry that is the only way you will have confirmation that it is Pre 74.

BillyB

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

So unless you're Turkish Cypriot or either a high risk gambler you would be mad to buy these properties until the laws change.

Bradus

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

Walkerscott,

What is the point of having all the above if you won't get PTP.

Please don't dismiss the non-issuing of PTP on pre 74 Turkish title deeds to foreigners.If you don't get your PTP, you won't get title deeds. Whilst ever you don't hold those deeds, a memorandum can be taken out on the property.

Pre 74 is now classed as "restricted land" and even if its no where near a military base, you won't get it.

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

BillyB, no! The recent auction was of Turkish Cypriot owned properties. You just have to be a high risk gambler who doesn't mind playing with a rigged deck of cards.

BillyB

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

Malsancak, What I mean is the fact that Turkish Cypriots don't need PTP but the same advice to them aswell "NO KOCHAN NO MONEY".

malsancak

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

BillyB, you had to be different and pronounce it koçan! Well, if you really want to know, koçan=husband and the correct word for title deeds is tapu. But then that's in Turkish, not the locally used expressions.

BillyB

Message Posted:
16/06/2010 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

malsancak thankyou for the Turkish lesson, whilst on the subject what is Turkish for "No wife = Lots of money".

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 06:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

As there appears to be no such item as "a good lawyer" unless working for an estate agent/ builder then all buyers be very scared of the above comment.

If the seller above named Stephan could enlighten us, which firm he works for, I have heard of a Stephan who worked for L&C who sold pre 74 titles. Friends, still no title after 5 years.

A thought, if these properties are so sound I will give a £100 refundable deposit on condition of receiving PTP. Any more than that is far to large a gamble for anyone in the current climate.

Stephan

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

I posted these properties on here for a Cypriot friend, Tamer... the property owner. As regards Ozbeys comment of not trusting anything I say...so what! ...did I ask you to?...did i say anything wrong as regards genuine Titled property?...its the PTP thats the probelem NOT the Title! ...having lived here 29 years I am far from ignorant...its many of the people here that are so in not fully understanding the situation as regards property purchase etc etc... and unsrupulous and unethical...well you know the rest! I am now asking the 'admin' to close this posting as it has gone completely 'off' topic and feel that many are just 'having a go at me' for absolutely no reason at all. Vent you anger, mistrust and frustrations or whatever with those concerned and as usual it seems, its always the negative that overides the positive aspects on here and those who are trying to do a decent job or offer something positive have to endure and be blamed for other peoples mishaps and sheer ignorance!

cronos

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan...."mishaps and sheer ignorance"

Is that honestly where you feel the blame lies for the poor people who are having their homes auctioned from under their feet,and the 1000's more who are at risk of the same fate because they are still awaiting PTP and title deeds?

malsancak

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Stephan, the criticism is not of you, it's because you're saying the sort of things that builders, advocates and estate agents have been saying you years. The difference now is that the auctions have made us realise that buying property in Cyprus (north & south) is not safe, despite what they say to try to convince us otherwise. If you have a deal which would allow buyers safety then I for one would be happy to recommend someone to purchase the property you are selling for a friend. Do you?

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

Cyprusishome, Stephan (Onar Village) who started this post is not Stephan Menzies from L&C homes. Regards, Mrs S

Stephan

Message Posted:
17/06/2010 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

Malsancak... msg 24 is a direct 'slur' against me..."being far too lenient with him"... !!! msg 21..."If you won't guarantee that, then I will not trust anything else that you say"... !!!

I fully understand all the issues here...and do appreciate what everyone is saying...and for the very unforunate people in this terrible situation they have my apologies over their plight. BUT, there are many that have their property and that have their Title and are happy and dealt with reputable builders etc etc. Tamer is a reputable cypriot with some good properties and a man of his word. Its easy to say OK and yes to anything...and to put into a contract whatever you want...but its totally another matter to abide by this as we all know. Tamer will accept various terms conditions as requested and within reason... so I suggest for those who would like to consider any purchase to call me and arrange accordingly... thank you. NOW THIS HAS GONE TOTALLY OFF TOPIC PLEASE CLOSE IT AS REQUESTED

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
18/06/2010 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.