North Cyprus Tourist Board - Booze in Kyrenia.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Booze in Kyrenia.

Booze in Kyrenia.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

andieb

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Like a nice relaxing drink on the balcony of an evening can anyone suggest a good not reasonable dry white wine that can be purchased in the supermarkets? Had some quite nice stuff in Turkey but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. Quite enjoy the odd bacardi, can you get hold of it in their supermarkets, not fussy don't really mind what brand it is just as long as it tastes similar!!

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Minini very very nice 12 ytl for 2 litres

andieb

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks littlenige, have to make a note of that one!!

Kitty1

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

There are a few places (Bell's Foodstore) and the Wine shop on the main road in Catalkoy that sell the Simonsvlei range of wines from South Africa. Average cost is 10ytl a bottle and I have to say they one of the best available at the moment.

Unfortunately, much of the imported wines do not seem to be stored very well by the supermarkets (or maybe they just haven't travelled well) and are often a bit iffy by the time you open them. Nige mentioned Minini...I've had no problems with that and in fact they do a few nice varieties so that's a good bet. Do not be tempted by the Sancerre in Lemar though...it's a very bad example of what is normally an excellent wine.

If you want to push the boat out and spend say 25ytl on a bottle then I would heartily recommend the Turkish Sarafin range. The Sauvignon Blanc is very nice indeed.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.