North Cyprus Tourist Board - What Would Make You Move From
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What Would Make You Move From

What Would Make You Move From

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

zerochlor

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Chlorine to a non chlorine system or product for your pool?

We all know that chlorine works very good in a pool.But also it is a very old and dated and dangerous product if misused or abused.

We all know that alot of people just dont like chlorine but put up with it as alot of people are not fully aware there is very good alternatives now in the market place at not so much diffrence in costs.( costs V health ).

Im curious to know peoples views on what would help them make the change to a diffrent pool sanatising product or system??

Happy chlorine free swimming folks.

snakes

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

Watcha Dave ! I think getting the correct chemical levels is an art in itself and feel a lot find "chucking in a load of chlorine" so easy as it keeps the bugs at bay and the water nice and clear ! however ! my neighbour adopts this method and although a fair distance from us I can smell the chlorine ! since changing to Zerochlor we are more than happy with the results and although may sound daft (yes i know) the water actually feels softer ! However it has taken me a while to master the balance of chemicals to acheive this ! (and many calls to yourself thanks) Perhaps a written guideline of how and why and when would be an advantage to those wishing to try this far superior product in our opinion ! really helps with the mrs's asthma although i had hair before we changed ha ha ! regards Barry PS didnt see you jump in pool last night at Tropicana at end of night everyone in pool was great cheers !

zerochlor

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Cheers barry.was you also in the pool? Again your bohemian rhapsody was amazing.

if you go to the link im posting, then clikk any of the first 3 download documents there is a very easy to follow guide that took weeks to write and make easily understandable,also the second row if links to download are trouble shooting guides if ever needed.

http://www.zerochloreuropean.com/resourcesen.htm

ps. im looking forward to your next gig at kings bar,what a great venue out the back of kings.

snakes

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Thanks Dave already done that but preferred your english version by phone ! what a good idea a "help line" !!

thanks for kind comments re Bo Rhap hard work ! no I wasnt in pool it wasnt Zerochlor ha ha I was making the racket for people to swim to !! At Soyz tommorow (sunday) from 6 ish onwards another great venue and back at Kings Friday 9th July cheers

Pipie

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

For me it would be positive feedback . And up to now we have friends who are happy with your product. So good feedback would encourage pool owners to give it a try .!!

zerochlor

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Cheers for the reply pipie.

i think 99% of the feedback has been good so far which to be honest i thought would be.All non chlorine pool products are much better in the long run,whether be electronic or liquid.

I feel myself also cost could be a main factor for alot of people. (cost V health and environment) or in our lifetime do we really need to think about the environment??

Would be nice to hear a few more opinions on the questions.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

dave my problemwith it is pool cleaners abuse it its such a good product

that cleaners are leaving pools and not doing proper maintenance then just before owners come out in goes a litre 0f zerochlor pool run overnight and hey presto lovely pool

and they still have the cheek to charge for the times when they are not doing anything

zerochlor

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

cyprusairsoft.

I do realise this is happening, this was 1 of the reasons we offerd the swimming pool cleaning course so that people could tend to there own pools and when they not here,zerochlor would of take over the maintainance for the customer until they returned,and at a very reasonable price.

But people seem happy paying for what they are not getting!!

waddo

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Dave,

How about a list of "Cures"on a Pool Maintenance Thread. Simple things like how ZC will clear the green out of your pool or how to get your pool from cloudy to clear. Should you/can you use other products along with ZC - algicide, flock stuff and others.

I think if you show how simple it is at the start then more people would be willing to have a go - saftey aspect is a big thing and the fact you can "Dump" too much ZC into your pool by accident and still swim against doing the same thing with chlor and burning your skin off must be a biggy.

Animal friendly as well but what if your cat/dog/goat gets into the product???

There are so many plus's for ZC and it is so simple to use and safe in application that people may just think it is a bit of a con until they try it - a stupid suggestion from me - money back if it don't work will always attract people with deep pockets and short arms.

I like it! Thanks.

snakes

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Waddo thats what I was trying to say just a helpful "idiots list" of what to do when,what to use if ! would make it so much simpler ! I realise the info is on the website but would like the idiots guide although seem to have sorted it now but it took a while !

Zero my neighbours boast about how cheap their pool maintainance is per month and I see what happens or doesnt ! nothing happens until they are due out then a week before they turn up do a massive backwash, a quick vacuum and a bucket of chlorine and switch pool on 24 hours job done and they wonder why their eyes are red ha ha cheers barry

zerochlor

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Barry message 10 and waddo message 9.

what i will try to do next week while in the office is as you call it a idiots helpful guide to useing zerochlor.

This is why the swimming pool cleaning course is 2 hours per day for 1 week,to show the diffrent scenarios that you could come across,which all have a very simple Fix.

i was surprised no 1 commented on my message 6 actually ,regarding Quote:I feel myself also cost could be a main factor for alot of people. (cost V health and environment) or in our lifetime do we really need to think about the environment???????

i would of liked to have dosed club tropicana swimming pool for them for FREE for 1 month and then people who have never swam in a non chlorine pool could of gone up there and grabbed them self a drink in the day time and tried out a zerochlor pool,maybe its a possibility,even though he is under contract with some company and chlorine,in this heat were having the chlorine soons burns out.would people go and try it??

snakes

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Great idea Dave that pool needed some TLC especially after thsat lot Friday fully clothed etc ha ha perhaps if you are able to treat it, some signs to tell people what you have done !! look forward to your idiots guide ha ha and the course is a great idea good luck hope see ya later cheers

sienna

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

a good question... zerochlor, a question for you why do the pool companies chose not to change. Perhaps a visit together with the pool company would help on complexes

is it more expensive and if so what are the advantages over soon perhpas we will call in and see you

S

zerochlor

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Sienna.

I choose not to sell to other pool companies this year who wished to re sell it on to the public,as they where not giving the correct advise to the customer,then the customer would call me up and ask me to explain all to them.

To be honest its not more expensive,if calculated over 2 seasons it balances out to around the same costings as chlorine,as with chlorine youll maybe buy algeasides and flockulants also,with zerochlor youll not buy these products as it already has it inside.

Advantages of a non chlorine pool are,no more sensative skin,asthmatic suffers no more worries.youll not feel itchy and dry skin after swimming in a zerochlor pool,the list is endless if i just keep rattling on about the advantages,maybe waddo will also answer you as he has used a non chlorine pool now for i think almost 4 years.

Look forward to speaking to you sienna for a non obligated chat on the wonders of zerochlor

waddo

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Before you ask about the advantages of a non chlorine pool - let me tell you - I have never found a disadvantage to a non chlorine pool, not even when the initial costs of running one were around 25% higher than chlorine! Now that the cost is about the same or even lower, once you learn how your "Individual" pool is used and what you need to do to keep your "Individual" pool clean and sparkling and most importantly healthy, chlorine is not even on the list of alternate options for a swimming pool.

"Individual" - Every pool is different, different size, depth, location, useage, water supply and even down to color of the tiles - not to mention the difference between overflow and skimmer! Let nobody tell you that you need 25Kgs of chlor or even 2 bottles of Zero Chlor a month to keep your "Individual" pool in tip top condition. You need to start off on a basic amount that keeps most pools clean and then experiment a little at a time and learn!

The big plus with non chlorin - C

waddo

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Cont - The big plus with non chlorine based pools is that you can experiment and you can make a mistake and you can rectify it very quickly if it all goes wrong. I have had bright green to almost black in my pool over the years but very quickly solved the problem and got it back to sparkle again within a couple of days. Try that with chlor products and you can clean the water but you will only swim in it after making sure your insurance is up to date!

I am still using PoolSan - non chlor product - because I bought so much of it! The proof for me was when the Managing Director of PoolSan visited the Island and came to see my pool, I asked him if it was dangerous if I made a mistake with the product and he took two 1 Ltr bottle from MY stock and tipped them both into the pool (10X4 skimmer) then switched on the pumps. 20 mins later he was in the pool swimming and I followed him! No problems but I never got my 2 bottles back.................

ataturk

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

I have a salt water pool and dont have to worry about using chlorine or Zerochlor just a bag of salt now and again and a bit of acid to keep the PH down , best thing I ever invested in. I cant recommend it enough.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

good system. big set up cost. expensive on electricity im told by people who used them,and now disconnected them and moved onto a cheaper system.LIQUID

maybe 4 or 5 years life span,so im told!

ataturk, but also dont you use some chlorine also with your saltwater system?

TopTen

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

What is the difference in maintenance costs between Zerochlor and chlorine pools

zerochlor

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

£50 to £55 per month from a company who pays tax and insurance

£40 to £60 from fly by night pool cleaners who pay nowt

Happy chlorine Free swimming folks.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

How many people get a fiture or bill,actual real bill supplied by the Tax office to all business owners when they have had there pool cleaned??

ataturk

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Salt water chlorinators used by the majority of people in Australia where chlorine is frowned upon. Some the cheaper makes use a lot of electricity as they need to run longer in order to keep the pool cleaner. My chlorinator cost £800 at the time made by Hurlcon owned by Astral. Never ever had a green pool and my pool guy loves cleaning it as it is so simple to maintain.

Vidal

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

We are about due to replenish our chemicals. If we swop to ZC what will it cost us?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

message 22

were in TRNC

Electricity is very expensive

wish i was in australia!!!!!

do you use some chlorine with your saltwater system????????????????????????????????????????

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Vidal: message 23

you have just missed a massive discount on buying zerochlor,as i offerd a big discount as i got a grant from a well known green agency.

Instead of pocketing this grant i passed it onto the public,i split the grant into 100 units.

I attracted 100 new customers in 3 weeks doing this with the grant.

The grant has now been used up.

I still offer a discount to customers wishing to purchase 1 years supply of zerochlor.

But the price is not the same as when the grant was in working.

Come and speak to me in the shop,you will get a good discount on a years supply.

Happy chlorine free swimming folks

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

message 22

you seem very happy with your £800 sanitiser!!

But you say your pool cleaner that you use loves cleaning your pool?

Please please tell me the cost of your monthly contract for your pool cleaner aswell as your electricity costs and bearing in mind you have a £800 system installed aswell as a pool cleaner!!

ataturk

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 07:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Why would you use chlorine with your salt water chlorinator , I have never used chlorine that was the whole point of buying one. Price of electricity in Northern Cyprus is only 10 10 kurus more expensive then Australia. My pool company charges me £35 per month and my pump runs the same time as any normal pool using chlorine or Zerochlor.

My pool is 12 X 6 Kidney shaped which would normally cost £70 per month to maintain so I figure my salt chlorinator is paid off at the end of this year. My

Dont forget here people moan about electric bills but the other day I had a conversation with a lady who told me her bills were 250 lira a month and she thought that was expensive and I said thats cheap. She was running a 4 bed villa for £30 per week, is it cheaper in the UK and if so by how much. I think electric here is a little more expensive than the UK but everyone complains and they are using pools and aircon, what do you expect.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Ataturk.

I was lead to believe with the salt water pool you still have to oxodise the water with a little chlorine,as with the watermaid or alligator system or oxodise with some thing???

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.