North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football: 'They call themselves supporters'
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football: 'They call themselves supporters'

Football: 'They call themselves supporters'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Smity

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Cant belive Rooney could be so arragant as to say 'they call themselves supporters'

He had just got £138,000 for kicking the ball 7 times,

'The supportes' have paid 1000s of pound to get to the world cup, possibly taken there annual holiday entitlement, and had to put up with the worst game since Cameroon

And he says THAT

snakes

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

They're all dick eds paid far too much money for what most of us could do at school !!! me jealous ?? naaaaah

Heskey instead of Crouch (a gangly goal scorer) etc I remember Heskey 2 world cups ago he was useless then and the same old names who fail year after year game after game and the so called great manager is too scared to play new blood despite a 4.5 million wage PER YEAR ! the whole games gone nuts !!!!!!!!!!!

girne 29

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Smity

dont be surprised. A lot of people confuse the size of there pay packet with the size of there talent,and size of their ego's rises proprotionaly,when brought down they dont like it.

Remember Marlon King, the big footballer was jailed 18mths for sexual assault and bodily assault,groping and punching a tiny student.

Look at what she said that set him off,

The court was told that when the slightly-built university student rejected his advances, King, a father-of-three, replied "I'm just out of your league. I'm a millionaire."

She replied: "I don't care who you are, take your multi-millions and get away from our table.".

Good on you lady! Unfortunately she was hurt.

Doesnt help that british clubs pay so much

20 of the top 50 highest paid footballers play for English teams alone.

They are not 'hungry'enough

Smity

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Gerni 29

I agree totally

hunger they have forgot what its like,

These overpaid footballers should spend time as a spectator on a basic wage with a, mortgage & family to support

They would soon realise how damn privaliged they are

snakes

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

get rid of the lot and go round the sunday leagues and pick some lads put 3 lions on their shirt and see what happens !!!

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Or get Stan Mathews and Emlyn Hughes playing cos they have both got more life in them than the shower that are the present England team.

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

rooney has had 2 of the worst games ever in an england shirt

he looked fat angry and no skill at all he was rubbish and 9 others were no different either.

we are lucky we are still in it i think usa are going to pip us by beating the algerians and we are going to draw again

newlad

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

I watched the game last night,and found it to be a very embarassing experience.What i find very strange though is the fact that Capello plays a formation that most of the players that where involved last night are not used to.4-4-2 is not a formation that Liverpool or Chelsea adopt.I am not trying to defend the players in anyway shape or form,i thought they where a disgrace last night,and i wouldnt pay them in buttons.But i do honestly believe that alot of the blame should be aimed at coach Capellos door.

Why does he persist in playing Gerrard in the wrong position,and why oh why did Heskey even manage to get the nod to even get on the plane.I realise that England are not exactly blessed with world class strikers,but i do think that there are better strikers then Emille.Crouch needs to start the next game,as he will be better at holding up the ball and then laying it off.

Anyone who thought that England had a chance of winning the cup needs to give their head a bang.

newlad

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Continued,

England will never have a top national team as long as the Premier league is infested with foreign players.I honestly think that pulling on the England shirt doesnt matter as much as it used to in the Stiles Charlton days.Quite simply there is far to much money involved in it these days.

England are an average side at best and when you watch teams like Argentina,Spain and Mexico,you will see what i mean.Football is all about keeping possession of the ball,and English players just dont seem to have this basic skill in their locker.They struggle to link more then 3 passes together.

God knows what sort of training/coaching they receive,but its not working.How good a national team is will be judged on how many world class players it has in it.Brazil,Spain,Argentina have world class players in abundance.I would go so far to say that England dont have any.This may be a strange thing to say,but i wish that the football league had stuck with Mclaren,

Paul

Tootie

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Thats that sorted then.......

Well said Paul. Good post mate....

swannee7

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Well said Newlad, spot on. What gets my goat is Capello's £6 million contract to manage the England team. How often do they get to play for heaven's sake ? And when they do, on the biggest stage of all? We all now know the answer to that one. Experience has shown us over the years that foreign Managers are no better than home-grown ones but with Capello, I honestly think he has a serious communication problem as his command of English is really not good enough. Also, I think his mind-set is too rigid. Finally, while there's no substitute for experience bought through years of 'graft at the craft', I think its fair to say that a number of players in the English squad have seen better days and lack the pace, drive & stamina of younger and fresher players that they're facing from other countries - e.g. Mexico, Algeria & the USA to name a few. England are just not producing anything fresh from any game plan they may have so its the Last Chance Saloon for them next Wed'day !

newlad

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

I do think they will qualify for the next stage.Just think some people need to stop kidding themselved that England can win the world cup.I know it wont happen,but its time that there was a limit placed on the amount of foreign players that where allowed in the English game.

The reason it wont happen is because the premier league is seen as the best domestic league in the world,which it is.Sky t.v. manage everything nowadays.Great Premier league,unfortunateley equals a poor national side.There are loads of very gifted young English players out there who dont get the chance to kick on as there places are taken by foreign mercenaries who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to dive and cheat their way through games.

The English national game,really is going to be dragged through the mire during this world cup.Nothing will change until we rid ourselves of so many foreign players.I would say a maximum of four per team.Then bring in a salary cap like rugby league,

Paul

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Msg 9

I have just finished having that very same conversation with my partner on Skype.

Good Post.... Saves me posting it too!

newlad

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Save your fingers Frank,

Paul.

joanie1

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

I'm not a football fan but I'm old enough to remember watching the 1966 World Cup -on our little telly in black and white - ok so I mixed up some of the teams but what I do remember was that all those great players gave their hearts and souls to the game - played for their teams and their countries with total enthusiasm and pride which had nothing to do with how much their sponsorship of sports equipment the so called glamorous 'WAGS'or 'Hello; spreads were worth. I think the current England squad are all too rich to be bothered! I do feel so sorry for the loyal fans who have spent their hard earned money to watch a group of Angelina ballerinas ponce about and then one of the most arrogent of them has the cheek to get angry when criticised for not doing the job they are seriously overpaid for! I.m really brave posting yhis as my football supporting family have gone home leaving my house a football free zone! But once upon a time soccer was sport now its an industry!!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

RE msg 9, Newlad: (...) Football is all about keeping possession of the ball,and (...)

=> Is that true?! The Netherlands versus Japan: 75% ball possession for the Dutch - score only 1-0..! There may be more to it, Newlad!

dizzycows

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

joanie1, 1966 teams were real men, they played to win, not like today, if you look the South American teams play football, our european teams dont, they play not win but to draw...

Load of woooses all of them, over paid, unfit and really second class....

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

RE msg 12, Newlad: (...) but its time that there was a limit placed on the amount of foreign players that where allowed in the English game. (...)

=> Spot on, Newlad. But not a complete analysis. It's not only the English game where we see the problem. There should be a ban on more than two or three 'foreign' players in all European teams. Most Dutch players in the national team have to tell each other their names when they meet in a training camp three days before a match (exaggerated) - they play in the best p(l)aying teams all over Europe. It happened all before in other sports (volleyball, basketball and more). It's the death of a sport when locals don't get a chance to play in the top teams because of bought foreigners .

newscoop

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Newlad;

if possession was the key how on earth did Inter turn over Barca and the Swiss beat Spain?

Tiggy

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Its Cummin Home!

All the post mortems.....anyone that did not believe England could not perform this badly so far, know nothing about football. We always do this, never make it easy for the fans watching them.

They have a chance to go further but they must win on Wednesday....who knows where it will end. Germany, France and Spain have all been beaten thus far!

Until then, I wish all the circling vultures would leave the English Carcass alone and get behind the team

Plenty of time for the 44's long beaks to pick the team to pieces if/after they f%c@ up.

You should be ASHAMED of yourselves.

phylray

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Take back all I said about Bechenbauer's big mouth - maybe he was right!

They are not a happy team. I too remember 1966 world cup and my 4 kids

husband, brother-in-law all glued to the screen. Yes, they played their hearts

out then, and it was really exciting (and am not a footie fan)

Chelpet

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Msg 15 I was in the best place possible for the 1966 World Cup, I was a grotty little squaddie out there in Germany with all my mates, and oh boy did we make the Germans have it that night, we certainly had no local friends for about 6 months afterwards but is was worth it, as the Germans are a miserable lot when it comes to losing, second only to the Brits, and much as I like to I will not use the John Cleese saying.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Who cares

England have been overated since 66

Fingers crossed for another poor display on Wednesday and it's all over for another 4 years

nurseawful

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Actually Rooney just might have a point listen to you lot whinging!!! 1966 is no longer its now 2010 get behind your team and stop picking holes in it.

By god if Scotland were there so would the supporters be with them right to the death. (yeh I know they are not there you tell us that just about as often as you mention 1966)

Chris

arrry

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Tiggy ...... you have a point there !!! I still think we can make it to at least the semis...............but who knows . !! I admit i thought we were crap last night but i still believe we can make the next stage . Rooney was out of order last night , but he was emotional ! If he wasn't then he would have been in trouble !!!

We all want England to do well but sometimes we have to accept that everybody EXPECTS us to do well.

When it doesn't happen then feelings run high.We have no divine right to be the top team in the world but we , as English supporters , expect it !. Come on England !!!

nurseawful

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

That's it arrry.

Bring back that fighting spirit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(still think you won't go much further though)

lol

Chris

phylray

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 04:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

The England Team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa thisw morning

"It's good to put a smile on the faces ofpeople with no hope. Constantly

struggling and facing the impossible " said Jamal Umboto, aged 6....

newlad

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Oh Patrick me boy,

Just telling it as it is,come on England !!!!

newlad

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Hats of to John Terry for coming out and speaking his mind today,

Paul.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
24/06/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Yo Paul,

Lets hope we can give Germany an early exit on Sunday.

newlad

Message Posted:
24/06/2010 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Hope so matey.

snakes

Message Posted:
24/06/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

I soooo hope so but sooooo doubt it unfortunately !! go on England prove us ALL wrong !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.