North Cyprus Tourist Board - research do you have mains water 24.7 upper Catalkoy
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > research do you have mains water 24.7 upper Catalkoy

research do you have mains water 24.7 upper Catalkoy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LostFound

Message Posted:
19/06/2010 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

For many many months water has not been constant from the mains. I live in the area near the sub station. It seems to come in the night, now there is enough in my tank so thats not the problem. Its just that the belladiye say that Catalkoy is on a water timer when summer comes but every resident I seem to talk to has water 24.7 and it only seems to affect me. SO do you all get constant water or not.

LostFound

Message Posted:
23/06/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

re posting

keithcaley

Message Posted:
23/06/2010 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

LostFound,

This doesn't answer your question, BUT you and others may be interested to know the rationale behind the 'intermittent' water supply: -

The water distribution system is Ancient, and leaks like a sieve; so by only turning the water on for, say, 4 hours in every 36, they can limit the water lost due to leaks to 4 hours in every 36! - That's a reduction in 'lost' water of nearly 90%! - without spending a penny on repairs!

And the 4 hours of water should be enough to fill everyone's tanks, and tide them over until the next 'Water Day'

Sheer Genius!

Deniz1

Message Posted:
23/06/2010 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I live in upper Catalkoy and get water every other day.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
24/06/2010 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Our little bit of Karsiyaka last had mains water on 4th April. We get free tankers twice every week from Lapta (but only if you are in when they call). This happens every summer.

There is a tank in the village, they fill this and then empty it into the system every other day or so. So a finite amount of water is distributed among a given number of properties - but when there is a greater occupancy and greater usage in the summer then the water is used long before we get any.

We are a spur off a main but the main runs downhill at the junction and our spur runs uphill. So unless there is water surplus to the requirements of people below us, then it doesn't back up to provide pressure enough for our spur. In the winter there is so much pressure it blew apart my hose reel and it shoots a jet over the length of the pool.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.