North Cyprus Tourist Board - My Experience of buying in the TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > My Experience of buying in the TRNC

My Experience of buying in the TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Bradus

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

My experience is that its a crazy legal system. It would encourage no one to buy with confidence. It mirrors the Souths where the same law was introduced to prevent mortgages being taken out on sold properties. It failed to have the desired effect in the south and its failing miserably here too! Why would one introduce a system that was known to have failed? I wonder if the powers that be, really wanted change and a tightening of laws to protect buyers?

I had a fantastic builder and had absolutely no problems with the quality of my build, payments or anything else. It was handled with professionalism and good team work.

My problem exists because of PTP refusal on PRE 74 Deeds. I am no where near a military base but the land is classed as "restricted land" which it has taken some time to define that this means Pre 74. I would just like the Gov to come clean and admit that this deed is not being given to foreigners before more people pay for property they will never own.

spider

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Bradus have you written to the priminister and if so what was the response.Because that would be a first.!!! and another reason for a threat.!

Spider.X

Hector

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Just another example of the TRNC authorities showing that they don't welcome none TC's.

rowlo

Message Posted:
20/06/2010 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

poppycock , they need non tncs ,otherwise who would buy all the properties?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 07:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Bradus has made a start, how about some more examples so others can read the problems and pitfalls all in one place. That I know was her intention, not to start yet another discussion thread going nowhere.

At the moment, even summarised ours is 4 pages and will post link to it when complete and none libelous.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 07:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Bradus/Msg 1:

I am in exactly the same predicament as you - I was completely deceived into buying pre '74 Turkish Title, despite all 'professional' assurances.

I ask anybody: where is NOT 'near a military base', or 'restricted land' in TRNC?

Why was I allowed to go ahead and buy if PTP was known not to be granted?

This is not only unethical and a violation of human rights, according to the Cyprus Constitution - it is outright deception that emanates from the highest level.

Pipie

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

The outcome of all is for all to see in the TRNC . You have to take on board nothing is being done, so in a nutshell gov't, could not care, not even a prioroty.

malsancak

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

North Cyprus Free Press would be happy to publish an article if you'll email a bit more information. Reserving pre-74 property for TCs appears to be racist and a case for the European Court of Human Rights. Such a case would have more impact if all those in the same situation register together.

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

I practically live on a military base and have had no problems. Got my PTP, took 3 years but that is just how long it takes here. Paperwork is not their best talent.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
21/06/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

ailletoo,

The above cases have been dragging on for several years and is nothing to do with "paperwork".

It is a problem symptomatic of TRNC and pre 74 title that until the government do something will not change. I know one couple who have been trying for 9 years!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.