North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus residency had a great laugh
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus residency had a great laugh

North Cyprus residency had a great laugh

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

yogi1

Message Posted:
22/06/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Presented ourselves at Girne Police Station today to renew our Residency after checking what was required and feeling quite confident. We were confronted by "THE KNOW IT ALL BRIT" TELLING every other Brit what they needed etc. etc. and whining about every aspect of life here (why do they stay ? ) Theyed been queueing since 7.15 and finally it was there turn, 2 min. later they were out because they hadn't taken there bank details, but of course it was'nt there fault as "they've changed the rules again" When they got back they were given another number which put them at the back of the queue. The rest of us ignorant Brits went through Immigration without a hitch and I could'nt help but burst out laughing when I saw him still waiting. Moral of story do your homework before you go, be polite, it's not our country and keep your big mouth shut. Laugh I nearly wet myself. Thanks for making my week.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
22/06/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

According to the police computer i never arrived here there is no record of me. The policeman and i were laughing as i said well i am here as you can see. I have been here seven years and never been asked before when i arrived. Something different every time.

mamachina

Message Posted:
22/06/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Yogi1 I agree, keep mouth closed, be polite, smile and it goes a lot further than a shout and a moan!! And probably most important, it is NOT our country, we are a kind of unwanted (sic) guest/immigrant - remember they make the rules, not us, even if they do change weekly, we cant do anything about it!! (We found this out today, have to have a new contract as when we did it 2 years ago Tax office took 3 names, now there can only be 2 - so another lot of stamp duty and tax - they make the rules, we have to abide by them even if we dont like them!)

havali

Message Posted:
22/06/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

i have stayed in england 32 years.and from day one to last day i was always called bloody foreighner.

i have never hear cypriot call anyone that,

ok some things different here.but atleast your property and your life safe here.

my toughed that is.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.