North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cyprus 44 members supply the blood then we have to pay for it!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cyprus 44 members supply the blood then we have to pay for it!

Cyprus 44 members supply the blood then we have to pay for it!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus44

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

nurseawful

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Firstly thank you to all the people who donated a unit of blood for me on Wednesday. My husband had to collect this from the State Hospital and was charged 100tl!!! Surely if I provided 6 units through donors and needed 2 units for myself this should be free of charge.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Chris

p.s. Incidentally I actually didn't need a transfusion after the op so they got those 2 units of blood as well.

HildySmith

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

They should be 'banking' it for you. It you put it in, then you should be able to draw it out.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

this is the trnc folks lol

newscoop

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Nursie;

put the question to Prue Lundie.

I think you'll find the charge was because it (the blood) was going to a private hospital.

I've never heard of anyone paying at the state hospital although they do have to organise replenishment of the stock.

Either way it's a scandal!

Put your feet up, take care, and let Mr Nurseawful pamper you.

booitsme

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Chris, I think newscoop is right. If you had your treatment at the state hospital you wouldn't have to pay - mum didn't pay a penny for her 2 units when she was here a I donate. Our friend needed an MRI scan and as she was being treated in the private hospital in Gazimagusa. They didn't have the scanner so she went around the corner to the "blue" state hospital and had to pay for the pleasure! It is actually pretty much the same in the UK as I worked in both NHS and private and believe me you get nothing for nothing in a UK private hospital! You would think a fairly big concern like Medikent would have their own stocks of blood even if it is the more "common" types - at least then they could trade 1 for 1 Hope you're feeling better but don't let on so the pampering lasts a bit longer!

mikea11

Message Posted:
26/06/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

When I went in for an op at Etik private hosiptal there was no mention of using/replacing blood perhaps they just charged that to the bill?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.