North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus residency for children question
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus residency for children question

North Cyprus residency for children question

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

proger1

Message Posted:
27/06/2010 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Just a slight change of subject from football, forum admin, racism and homophobia.

I realise that if a child is under 18 they do not require residency as long as one parent has residency. My question is, if any one has the experience of this situation to tell me, that my son who is a toddler has just got his passport entry so does my wife need to get him registered under her residency or is it not required as long as we carry documents proving that his mother is a resident.

Thanks for any info or even advice of where best to seek out the answer.

Paul

susief

Message Posted:
27/06/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I have a young son and have never had to register him in anyway - they stamp his passport with the customary 90 days but we've never had any problems once that time is up and we've crossed to the South or flown abroad. From what I remember there wasn't any need to "add" him to my residency and now I have a work permit on which there was definitely no mention of him.

As you said, as long as you can prove that you or your wife have residency then that's all that's needed.

proger1

Message Posted:
27/06/2010 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

thanks susief, I was guessing that was the case but it never harms to get confirmation.

HotHippo

Message Posted:
28/06/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hello All, hope that you don't mind me trying to take this topic a long way forward. We are planning to move permanently to TRNC over the next few years, and are wondering what sort of military service requirements might be expected of our kids in the future, should they eventually become TRNC citizens. Any help as to where to take this enquiry would be greatly appreciated.

My partner, Tara, and her two sons (currently aged 16 and 20) will hopefully be moving from Azerbaijan in late July, and the kids will be attending the American College and GAU. They will apply for temporary residency on arrival. At some point in the future, assuming that they decide to settle in TRNC, all three will apply for full citizenship, and give up their Azerbaijan citizenship.

Depending on my work rotation over the next few years, I'll probably not bother applying for residency at all, and will certainly retain my UK citizenship.

fallenangel

Message Posted:
01/07/2010 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

There is a difference here between residency and citizenship, most people opt for the residency status for which you have to apply for 6 years as a temporary resident and then get full residency. You can read on the forum what details you need to take with you, and once you have done it you will be prepared for the next time. I believe you can now do 2 years at a time, but its not any cheaper to do so. As a resident your children would not be expected to do any military service. Children do not need to apply for residency under 18 as long as one parent does apply.

Citizenship is entirely different, not many people apply for this and you are then obliged to do your national service. You also gain the right to vote.

Your wife and children need only apply for residency to stay here and not citizenship.

HotHippo

Message Posted:
01/07/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hello Legion,

Thanks for your informative reply.

Cheers,

Eddie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.