North Cyprus Tourist Board - famagusta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > famagusta

famagusta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

flash

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

i would like to no if anyone has stayed at long beach club resort famagusta if so what is it like and is one week long enough or is there enough going on in famagusta to stay for to weeks olso is it a timeshare resort

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Firstly the name of the town is Gazi Magusa please.

If you stay locally and you go sightseeing you can see the city in a day, especially this time of year as you will only be about for half day, it is too hot pm.

You will see Salamis in a half day.

A drive into Karpaz is a day.

Then out and and about is how adveterous you feel in the immediate vicinity.

Further is Lefkosa which with a car is a day tour to see it at its best.

Then Girne another day.

After that, this is a fantastic country to explore. The only thing is if you come July/August it is too hot to do much. Go out in the mornings and do what the rest of us do in the afternoon - SLEEP!!

We have lived here for over 2 years and think it is a fantastic country and are very biased. Enjoy whatever you do.

Hilltop

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 05:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

I rarely hear it called Gazi Magusa, Magusa, sometimes. Even the locals call it Famagusta.

For info on Longbeach http://www.longbeachcyprus.com./

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

When I made my map of Nortrhern Cyprus I was instructed by the Mapping Department of TRNC that the right spelling is Gazimağusa (mind the Turkish letter "ğ"). The name means 'never conquered'. As a second choice Famagusta is also permitted.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Sorry, typo: Nortrhern = Northern

Tiggy

Message Posted:
22/07/2008 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Flash,

We stayed at the LBC in June for 10 days the place has been refurbed and has chalets right on the beach and a lovely big pool. The reception, bar and dining hall are nice as well. They do a lovely English breakfast and also the dinners arenice if you want to eat in. The stafff are really friendly and most speak English. It is in a good spot for driving to the Karpas, Magusa, Kyrenia, and lots of other places. We are going back in October for 2 weeks.

Hope you have anice time if you go.

T.

flash

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

hi tiggy thank you for your reply i am thinking of going in sep for to weeks is LBC a large resort did you have a timeshare chalets is there much to do at nite i e go out for a walk are there places close to the resort to eat or do you need a car

flash

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

thanks for your reply i am going to stay at long beach club in sep for to weeks can you drive to the south olso which airport would be best to fly in to did ask travel agent he just looked at me blank

Tiggy

Message Posted:
23/07/2008 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Yo Flash,

No timeshare on site, approx 10 beach front chalets and numerous others spread around the nice gardens. We fly in to Larnaca and we hire car when we are at LBC.

The LBC do pickups and drop offs with local cab for approx £40 each way, I think. local restaurants but you need a car. We had one for £15 a day for our stay. Can give you details if required. we have used before so may havbe had a special rate!!

It was quiet at night, but this was out of season, they have a big balcony with a outside stage so they must have some entertainment. Miles of beach t o walk along, only yards away.

Good luck.

T.

flash

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

yo tiggy thanks for the info would like details of car hire is it expensive to eat out they must have some timeshare as thats what we are staying in

Harold2555

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Flash

Timeshare companies (holiday clubs) rent accomodation from the resort.

On Site restaurant is very reasonable price (I would say that but it is).

I am struggling to pick out your booking from these details. Please email me so I can esure you are booked in alright

Paul

info@longbeachcyprus.com

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Flash,

If you are staying at Long Beach, please don't forget our lovely fishing harbour at Bogaz. It is only minutes from where you plan to stay, heading towards the Karpaz Peninsula. It is not as busy as Kyrenia, but is stil very popular. There are some lovely restaurants there, and boat trips out everyday. Also the English run Moon over the water restaurant is close to you, as is the Dragon chinese, if you fancy one!

Also you must visit the Oasis on the Karpaz. It is a wonderful quaint restaurant, and you can stay overnight on the beach for next to nothing. Often you can see Dolphins swimming here. It is great.

Pop in and see us if you like, anyone that knows us will tell you we are quite frinedly and happy to help anyone in the area, not just those looking for properties! We are next to the Bogaz Hotel.

Maria.

simbas

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

hi maria i can vouch for that , we popped into see maria when we were last there

regards ,simbas

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

Thanks Simbas. I am sure you too can recommend loads of places over our side for Flash. It is totally different to Kyrenia, but we all love it! There is a new Balanese restaurant opening soon also on the Karpaz if you didn't know. It looks great, and there are many wooden carvings that have been brought over from Bali. I am investing in a nice carving of a horse, but they have loads. You must go next time.

Take care!

simbas

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

hi maria , we most surely will give the new restaurant a try

hope you and your hubby are well , this season must be quite busy for your husband , and in this weather too , plus the drought condition , got his work cut out for him there

keep well , simbas

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Simbas,

He has 400 sheep now, and I am not allowed to water my plants for fear of there not being enough drinking water for the animals. Oh, to be a farmers wife! See you next time.

Maria

simbas

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

yeh see you maria

flash

Message Posted:
28/07/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

hi busy bees thanks for the info i just hope there enough to do and see to keep us there for two weeks and i hope there things to do at nite in the resort and its a nice place to stay we will pop in to see you

mairs

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 06:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Hi BB Igather you are Maria? I've been enjoying reading all the mail on this site and I'm really looking forward to meeting the writers when I visit in September. I did post a note but I think I did it wrong ly as I am totally new to this ... I have a tiny house in old famagusta and am longing to live there. I love all of the island but the North is still a dream. I was coming for 3 weeks in June but my dad collapsed and is only now ready to be taken home - and it's a gamble even now. Anyway sorry to pounce on you but I hope this is a way "in" - I will get some instruction so I'm not such a klutz! IT's awful having to read all the notes and imagining myself there. I first went to Cyprus in 1984 and have kept returning thus the little house. Really looking forward to being where I love and can truly be me ...

Anyone else reading this please say hello -

regards Mairs

Hilltop

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 06:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Mary, you are doing a good job with your postings so far. Keep it up.

I live 15 miles up the coast at Bogaz, but love to wander around the Old City (when it's not so hot).

Let us know when you are in residence and we will pop in for a coffee.

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Mairs,

Sorry to hear about your father, what a shame. We hope to see you in September. We are more than happy to give people information on our lovely side of the Island that does sometimes get forgotten!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in September.

Hilltop,,,,,

Our offices are open 7 days a week, and I cant guarantee when I will be in or out, but our lovely Kim is always there, so please pop in anytime. We are next to the Bogaz Hotel, you cant miss us, we have a huge yellow umbrella outside with Busy Bees written on it! Look forward to seeing you sometime.

flash

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

im off to LBC MIDDLE OF SEPT LOOKING FOWARD TO IT HOPE IT WILL STILL BE HOT CAN YOU GIVE ME CAR HIRE DETAILS THANKS

mairs

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Hilltop and Busy Bees

HI! Great to have made contact. Dad is home, weak, but I'm determined to be at my Famagusta home in September. We will certainly have a drink together. I'll keep reading ... Bye now, cheers Mairs

Flash, you will love everything!

Pipie

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Re message 14 Hi Maria , do you know when the Balanese restaurant opens ? would love to try , also directions please ?

PtePike

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

DutchCrusader: "When I made my map of Nortrhern Cyprus I was instructed by the Mapping Department of TRNC that the right spelling is Gazimağusa (mind the Turkish letter "ğ"). The name means 'never conquered'. As a second choice Famagusta is also permitted."

Did you insist to the Turkish authorities that you would be retaining original Greek names for places as well? I see you have done this on at least one of your maps. Good on you for being historically accurate (and legal).

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Pipie

Hi,

The Balanese Restaurant opened last week, although I couldn't make it.

It is almost opposite Decks restuarant, just about 10 minutes heading east out of Yenierenkoy. If you are unsure, please mail me and I will send a map no problems.

Mairs.....

Glad things are picking up for you, hope to see you in September!

To All.....

If anyone is interested in a recent photo album (2 pager) we have put together showing lovely spots on the Karpaz, please let me know and we will mail you.

info@busybeesestateagents-cyprus.com

I don't often get to go right to the end of the Karpaz, but managed it last week, and got some lovely shots. It's hard to believe you are on the same Island, miles and miles of sandy beaches, so very beautiful. Anyone coming on holiday, please visit, it's a must!!!

Thanks

Maria

aslan

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

DutchCrusader, You should be carefull with that mapping system, you don't want to be in court against those Romans for using their cities name in vain. Although I have a suspicion you might win the case as times have changed and so has name calling. Great maps regardless LOL

I do hope that the ordinace survey have produced their maps legally LOL

Take a look at Cirencester (Corinium, Kyrinium, Korinium) makes you feel like being at home for the UK fraternity!! LOL

Alcester - (Aluana)

Bath - (Aquae Sulis)

Caerleon - (Isca Augusta)

Caernarfon - (Segontium)

Caerwent - (Venta Silurum)

Canterbury - (Durovernum Cantiacorum)

Carmarthen - (Moridunum)

Colchester - (Camulodunum)

Corbridge - (Coria)

Chichester - (Noviomagus Regnorum. Noviomagus means New Market and is also the Roman place name of a town in the Netherlands, now called Nijmegen)

Chester - (Deva Victrix)

Cirencester - (Corinium)

Dover - (Portus Dubris)

Dorchester - (Durnovaria)

Exeter - (Isca Dumnoniorum)

Gloucester - (Glevum)

Leicester - (Ratae Corieltauvorum)

London - (Londinium)

Lincoln - (Lindum Colonia)

Manchester - (Mamucium)

Newcastle upon Tyne - (Pons Aelius)

Northwich - (Condate)

St Albans - (Verulamium)

Towcester - (Lactodorum)

Whitchurch - (Mediolanum)

Winchester - (Venta Belgarum)

York - (Eboracum)

bobby10

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Hilltop do you know of any available properties for rental in the famagudta region!!! many thanks.

with kind regards

Beverley

pilgrim

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

our turkish friends often call famagusta a name that sounds like 'mosa'

worth a visit, but changing rapidly.

PtePike

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 02:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

pilgrim,

It's the almost silent "g" in "Magusa", similar to "esdeger".

mairs

Message Posted:
07/08/2008 04:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Maria, will certainly see you. CANT WAIT!!!!!

Cheers Mairs

mairs

Message Posted:
07/08/2008 04:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Hilltop and Beverley

I have a small house in the wonderful old city of Famagusta and would be happy to let it as I cant be there!! If you would like details please say g'day and I'll fill you in. Very reasonable rent, short or long term. I'm coming in September so could meet if poss.

Cheers Mairs

sex machine

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

it dont say if its got anything for the kids to do the resort looks nice 5 star is it or should my son go for a hotel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.