North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wanted: Old Lambretta Scooter or Old British Motorbike for restoration
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wanted: Old Lambretta Scooter or Old British Motorbike for restoration

Wanted: Old Lambretta Scooter or Old British Motorbike for restoration

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LaptaGeezer

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Does anyone know where there is an old Lambretta Scooter or old British Motorbike hidden away... I would like a restoration project. Cash waiting for the right machine.

Paul

0533 8492415

LaptaGeezer

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Dohhhhhhhh!!!!Didn't mean to post it twice!!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Look in any overgrown garden in any village and you will probably find something to restore.

Beware - You may find once you come to re-register it you owe 23 years back road tax and MOT!

:-(

girnegeeza

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Laptageeza, I have a LD 200 that is currently being used as a garden ornament, would this be of any interest, youre wellcome to have a look and discuss value over a coupke of Efes, but I used to be a Mod in the sixties so I knows me scooters.

iceman

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

LaptaGeezer

Be carefull.....when you show interest in them, locals seems to think their 50 year old scrap is worth its weight in gold

my son is into restoring scooters..he has just completed restoring a 1967 Vespa from bare shell.

few months ago,driving through a village we saw a very old Lambretta (no side panels and most of it rusted away) resting against a wire fence on the side of a house.

The owner must have parked it there at least 30 years ago and no one else moved it since.

My son went and knocked on the door and an old lady answered the door..

When asked by my son if the old scrap was for sale, she said it used to belong to her father and many people came asking to buy it but her brother wouldn't sell it to them because he wasn't satisfied with what they offered.

Left his phone number for this guy to call back if interested to sell, but he never did.

I have a feeling if anyone goes asking him again he will ask a very silly price...

LaptaGeezer

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Iceman... yes, I have seen a couple of scooters that had been 'parked' in garden hedges years ago and I know that the locals suddenly become attached to them when you ask if it is for sale. But I am sure there are some that would be grateful for the money for an old lump of scrap!

Your description sounds like Yesiltepe to me!

Girne Geezer..... You were too old to be a Mod in the sixties!!!!!! I will keep my eye open as I know that your good lady misses the one that I used to keep in your garden!

LaptaGeezer

Message Posted:
14/07/2010 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Back to the top....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.