North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency versus "In & Out' every 90 days ?????
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency versus "In & Out' every 90 days ?????

Residency versus "In & Out' every 90 days ?????

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

metin

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Is it totally necessary to get a residency stamp in your passport or can you just keep coming and going ???

Need some legal info on this one for a friend. They have never bothered getting a stamp, but can they do this indefinatly or is there a limit on the amount of times ???

Thanks in advance.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

i know people that have been getting stamps for 90 for the past 5 years no prob

metin

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Is it legal though if you own a property here ????

Deniz1

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Its not guaranteed that you will always get 90 days. sometimes you only get 30. Also if you over run you are fined for every day over if you leave the country. I dont understand why there is so much fuss about getting residency its not difficult and if you live here why not? You get a discount on medical charges if you produce your pink or blue book once you have your visa.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Try and get your friend to understand. If the only reason they leave the country is to come back and get another 90 days, sooner or later they'll get caught out. They may get away with it, perhaps even for a few years, but when they get caught, they'll be thrown out of the country with a hefty fine, and not be allowed back till the fine is paid.

If the immigration man at the border thinks they are trying it on, they may only get an entry permit for what was left of the last 90 day visa. If that had expired, they might only get a few days. 90, although common, is optional.

If they are genuinely leaving the country because they have homes in two places, and are away for, say one month (there's ne specific time), they will have no problem, provided they can show a return ticket from whence they came, and access to sufficient funds to support them while in Cyprus.

Immigration people here are no different to anywhere else. Mess them around, and they come down on you hard.

hal9000

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

About 4-5 years ago it was very common for people to try this on. The residency process then was much more arduous than it is now and people thought that it was better to just go across the border every few months. But of course there's a record of every time you cross that border, and more importantly, where you cross and for how long.

The immigration people aren't stupid; they will start giving you shorter and shorter times. A friend of mine ended up in the prison at Ercan for outstaying his 3-day visa, even though he'd gone out on his English passport and in on his Australian one. The immigration officials matched them up and his wife had to go and get the (considerable) fine from the bank the next day. If she hadn't been able to find the money, he was told he would have been placed on the next aircraft out of the country. Getting home would have been his problem.

Residency now is easy; don't even think about trying to buck the system - they'll get you.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 06:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

I agree well said i was surprised when i had to get a print out of my "ins & outs" i didnt realise how many times i had gone over! The system is in place for a reason and the authorities are improving fast so watch out i say. Get legal.

Warbabies

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Deniz, can you clarify Message 4 please,- how and where do you get these reductions on medical charges, and how much are they.

If anyone else has information regarding this we'd be pleased to know.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

When you are given temporary residency you are given a pink or blue book with your photo and address inside if you take this to the general hospital you get about 10percent of the charges as it shows you are a resident here.

tarry67

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

If you want to go to turkey every 90 days then there is nothing anyone can do about that, but after a few times going south over the border here they catch up with you. So 4 times to turkey between 700tl -1000tl just for the flights and residency 175tl or there abouts. You know it makes sense unless you have a criminal record and cant get residency of course....!!!!

4paws

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Wish some people would make their minds up either you live here or you dont. Now you can get 2 year residency if your 60 or over what is the problem? It must take them more time going back and forward every 3 months than filling in a form and handing it in. What are they afraid of????????

4 paws

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

yep just do it its cheaper then the alternatives

malsancak

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

as long as people realise that once they are residents then if two months before their renewal is due they have to leave for 4 months, say, then when they return, depending who is on immigration, they may be fined for not renewing their residency. If residency were to have a clear link to citizenship then a lot of people with dual homes may consider it more seriously. There is a nervousness in giving up UK residency in exchange for a piece of paper the government has the power to refuse to renew. This cannot so easily be done in the case of citizenship.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.