North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football: Messi on England
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football: Messi on England

Football: Messi on England

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Goonerboy

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Argentina and Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi admits he was dumbfounded by the decision not to take Theo Walcott to the World Cup.

And Messi points to last season's UEFA Champions League clash between Arsenal and Barcelona as another match where Walcott had a major impact.

With the Gunners trailing 2-0 and on the ropes against the Spanish champions at the Emirates, Walcott came off the bench and changed the game as Arsenal salvaged a 2-2 draw.

Messi, 23, was shocked when Capello named his World Cup squad, and believes England would have had more success if Walcott was onboard.

"I must say that at the time I thought it was a bad decision to leave Theo Walcott at home," he told the Daily Star.

"And I think that has been proved right. I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against.

"Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season he truly worried us.

Goonerboy

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

When we were playing Arsenal at the Emirates we were so in control of the game at 2-0, with all respect Arsenal were not even in the game.

"Then Theo came on and changed the game. He pretty much single-handedly salvaged a draw against Barcelona that night.

"Even in the return leg our manager Pep Guardiola was telling us he was the player to watch out for.

"And the best players in the world like Xavi and Gerard Pique were telling us to watch out for him. The truth is that he really rattled him.

"If he could do that against Barcelona, think what he could have done against Germany and Algeria. Even if he didn't start, he would still have been very important for England.

"Along with Cesc Fabregas and Sergio Aguero he would have been the best impact player at the World Cup."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6244359,00.html

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

sorry gooner boy he would have had to do 10 mens work as well

steveafc

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

walcott stays home............wright-phillips goes..............'nuff said !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.