North Cyprus Tourist Board - kavanlar complaint!!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > kavanlar complaint!!!!!

kavanlar complaint!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Kavanlar Apartments Threads posted so far

penny

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 03:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

I just want to advise people to stay away from the kavanlar, we purchased a bungalow which was due to complete last august, almost a year on and the property has no air con or water connection. we are due to fly out tomorrow and been advised it still hasnt been done despite numerous calls to the manager. I has promised it will all be completed by 6pm. he has 1 day to do all the work. All there interested in is cash. my advise stay away from the kavanlar.

aslan

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Greed, to many developments, not enough management resources, a total disregard of contracts of law, without compromise, an embarrasment to the agents who marketed their properties in good faith, shame on them and the other developers in their club of deceit.

scampy

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Penny

From what I heard all your monies were not paid, So no money No air-con or water

I have an Apt from them as soon as all was paid everything was done, And I have had no problems, Business is business

Kavanlar are very good business people and that what they do, the build good quality house's( but you have to pay for it )

Susie x

Groucho

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Penny,

This is obviously the outpourings of frustration by you but you should consider that...

1. Kavanlar will undoubtedly find out that you have blackened their name.

2. They will not be happy that you have chosen to do so in this particular manner (the internet is a very blunt instrument).

3. You have not paid in full.....

Others who have done the same have found that as a result of this, their relationship with the builder is irrepairably damaged... which is not a good thing. If you thought to shame them into doing something to rectify your grievances you have been ill-minded.

I suggest you ask the moderator to remove your post before it leads to complications you can only now imagine are starting to occur.... this is not meant to disturb or alarm you but to advise that the method and path you have chosen has a track record of not leading to the result you desire....

Turtle

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Very good post Groucho and needs to be taken on board

ttoli

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Penny

Yes there are unscrupulous developers over here,however Kavanlar are NOT one of them, do yourself a big favour and ask the mods for your post to be removed,You really dont want to fall out with developers over here,many, many people,agents,bodies read these forums.

if you are indeed withholding payments are YOU not in breech of contract?.

brian24001

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

We have a Kav house, and whilst it was late being delivered, they did deliver, at the agreed price, with snagging done, some free extras, and most importantly, without placing a mortgage on the land as has happened to some here. Bottom line is that in dealing with Kav, you will get what you have paid for, many won't.

puppylover

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Although I understand what other members are trying to do in advising Penny....where in her post has she implied that she owes money to the builder?

This was implied in msg 3..."From what I have heard etc".....is it standard practise with builders/companies to tell other buyers other peoples financial arragements with them?

Groucho

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

You are right.. I withdraw item three in my post...

The rest stands and I think she should do something fast...

puppylover

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Groucho.....

Totally agree with the advice you have given in msg 4 but feel that unless Scampy is involved in Kavanlar other than a purchaser it was not her place to publicly tell other members penny's financial business with this company.

wysiwyg

Message Posted:
18/10/2008 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Penny, sorry to hear about your difficulty. We are buying a Kavanlar property too. Have you dealt direct with the Kavanlar team all the way through the process? We would recommend it to anyone else reading this. So far they have done everything they said they would do for us as we have for them. We have seen the properties you are buying. They are excellent value amongst all we have seen in Cyprus. I hope you get all settled soon and see what a great choice you have made. There are many in TRNC that would swap with you in a second with hindsight. Agree with Groucho and Brian24001s comments 100%

wysiwyg

scampy

Message Posted:
19/10/2008 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Hi

I am not involved with Kavanalar but those who live here full time should know there are no sectrets in this country

Susie x

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
19/10/2008 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

hi penny

we bought on phase1with kavanlar and allthough late (because of things out of kavanlars control) the build and quality was as agreed.

i do understand your frustration at coming out and you cant stay in property etc ,but this happens all the time in cyprus(yavas yavas) .

ilker and fuat are good guys in the industry and kavanlar good company to deal with,go see them and chat it through .....they will sort your issues .

chill with it ,its cyprus

kav

scampy

Message Posted:
19/10/2008 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

I totally agree kav

liz w

Message Posted:
19/10/2008 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

When we were out in August ,we spoke to the people who own the houses between Kav 4 and 5 and they have lived in TRNC for 9 and 11 years respectively. They said that usually on the weekend they go and have a look at the various houses and apartments being built and without question the Kavanlar apartments are the best they have seen, quality of build and finish. So it is good to hear from people with no axe to grind.

They may be late with completion but the overall finish is first class.

Liz

scampy

Message Posted:
19/10/2008 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Well said Liz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.