North Cyprus Tourist Board - Apartment Handover/maintenence fees .
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Apartment Handover/maintenence fees .

Apartment Handover/maintenence fees .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

We have just returned from TRNC and are amazed how sites are not finished and handover/large maintenence fees are requested . I urge all prospective owners to look closely at there sites in person before handing over any yearly charges . Do not rely on photos sent to you , you are perfectly in you're rights not pay anything until you are satisfied all is in place on you're complex . Hope this info helps .

punk rocker

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

unfortunately you are wrong pipie, what you think is not complete is complete in the eyes of the law in the TRNC, and you are onsticky ground trying to incite people not to pay what is due legally, we tried it and lost our case and now individual owners are being pursued and there is a lot of harassment being dished out, it is not worth it, it is a fact of life in TRNC that things are done to a lower standard than in the MODERN WORLD that is probably why you and me and others rushed here with our little £50K to buy our apartments - what did we expect for goodness sake, i think we all need to have a reality check, we have got many problems on our site and have been paying our maintenance fees for over a year now and the site is still a far way off completion, and we have had many water problems ect,but we are starting to enjoy our place and that should be the target instead of whingeing incessantly on these boards

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Punk rocker .

First of all i am not wrong all owners can and do withhold final payments on property if it is not finished to an acceptable standard .

Regarding you're comment on me inciting people not to pay , read again i was just posting information for people to inwardly digest . surely this is what these forums are for .

Regarding harasssment a trip to the local police station will stop this no problem at all .

Peple who pay out £50k for apartments expect apartments to be finished to the standard that the contract dictates .

Regarding Maintenence companies if they choose to take over sites that are not finished , are of poor standard , and have serious health/safetyissues , well that is there choice , but owners do have a choice and if all is not up to standard then owners also have a right to say no they will not pay out any fees until there site is up and running properly . What is wrong with that ?

punk rocker

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

See our repost on your other thread you are a 'lady'

But you miss the point, you will be the loser

but-n-ben

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I own an apartment on Turtle bay and have been paying my maintenance for the past 11 months and the site is still not finished but we are reasonably happy with our apartment, except the water has been very up and down and the finishings are not as we might have expected but we were enjoying things till this latest hike.

Withholding final payment from the builder is not the same as refusing to pay your maintenance fees, the maintenance company will have a contract with the developer who will in turn have a contract or small print somewhere that says the site was handed over and all apartments were ready for occupation on a certain date, the utilities are a seperate matter, most of the contracts which were drawn up a couple or more years ago were very loose to say the least and for example landscaping who defines it, ?? and we English expect a lot, me I just want to enjoy my place and get on with it, thanks i can aford a few plants if i need them

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Punk rocker what on earth are you talking about ?

paulgeordie

Message Posted:
24/07/2008 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

i own two apartments on turquoise bay and everything is not the best but water is short so they are not alowed to water or clean roads or the counsil will fine them.the main prob seems to be the falt of the builders, not the maintenance co they seem to be trying to the best they can.

punk rocker

Message Posted:
25/07/2008 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Pipie you are one who is intent on stirring up bad feelings, you go behind peoples backs, go into shops in Girne and slag people off and you dont know who is listening, It was a friend of mine you were slagging off, for vindictive reasons, that is what I am talking about.

There are issues on lots of places but your approach is totally out of order, I joined this board on being told of your posts and dont wish to enter into prolonged dialogue, suffice to say there are ways but this is not one of them, there are many happy people who live here and can see through the present difficulties but you are making a rod for your own back, I hope this explains what I am talking about

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2008 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Message 8 so glad to hear that you do not wish to continue into prolonged dialogue thank goodness for that .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.