North Cyprus Tourist Board - reading cyprus44 first about property would you have invested then
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > reading cyprus44 first about property would you have invested then

reading cyprus44 first about property would you have invested then

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus44

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

basheer

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

sorry to ask this question but reading all the problems investors have had for a good quality life, would you still have taken the risk had you first joinned cyprus44 and read all the problems with builders ,buying off plan etc,

as for me I don't have any problems, after my vacation here in 08 I went straight to the estate agents and made a purchase of a ready and completed villa and now have our title deeds which really is'nt the end of the matter but hearing what is going on I now would have had second thoughts only because I used my pension funds to make the investment and also more borrowing for furishing and a car

I ask this question to myself ,and with all the good life is it worth the risk?if you have plenty of funds then risk is no matter,but those of you would you now wish more thought had gone into this investment

Geoff

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

What a damned fool question! The answer/s is/are obvious.

Geoff

juliamoons

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

I had no idea about the problems here. We came in 2007 and my husband fell in love with it, so did I. We came back in July and viewed loads of properties. We thought they were very cheap for what they were and decided to buy and retire early. We have since found out that although our property was a re-sale and the street looked lovely etc., There is a problem, Casa construction was the builder and has a dispute with the land-owner ongoing. Although we have permission to purchase, it is unlikely until the government steps in that we will ever get ownership.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Think with all the warnings and what could go wrong should put a lot of buyers off.

For us, we just wanted peace and quiete, a holiday home... Think that if we had fully known all the terrible things that could have happened to our buy, of course we may not have been so keen..2005/6

But it is more luck than being told to 'do your homework'. No amount of home work would show what is hidden at different stages of your buy. Only if you bought the land first, got your ptp, then kochan, then get the builder. At least this way you wont loose all your money, but thats now just hind sight that wasnt really forseen by any one back in 2005.

We did the same as you basheer, bought already built with previous owner having his kochan..

Smity

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Msg 4

Likewise we did the same in 2008

Nothing is a 100% granted but at least we know

wynyardman

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Basheer,

I think your question is best answered by our old friend Bradus postings.

No

wyn

Hector

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

basheer

Did you need to obtain PTP?

dizzycows

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi my dear wyn, hope things are panning out a little better for you, if every one can get as much info as yourself , bradus and cyprusishome can give to new people on these forums the better.

We too feel your pain, as we often go to Amantra valley and think, that could so easy have been us....

wanderer

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

It was july 2007 I'd been looking /window shopping for years

It was our second visit to the North in the same year and had only been here 3 days but saw our place and decided then and there.

Already built so I could touch it and move in we did there and then

PTP came through in 2009 .

Then the Orams reversal worry then about EU assets

The IPC to brightened things up for us all.

The worry then started over memorandums and charges and transfers

Finally the professional vendor being a pain on what we had to pay for it to be signed over at last .

Now we've the" S" number and the kochan will appear when the guy with the quill pen finished writing

We've probably spent over nine months here since we bought in 3 years but no I would not change or do differently

Thank god I did not know the hang ups that can occur

Will I move not likely I've lived in our UK house for 30 years

Tell you what its easier to bring a car here and get TRNC plates than do the property deal

moorephey

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Are we all saying that there are scammers here in North Cyprus.....Property scam........ Thank God my father didn't decide to buy a property here....i can only imagine

basheer

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

to message 7

Did you need to obtain PTP? answer

PTP was in the waiting villa was in joint names and my wife is a london Crypriot ,however with the transfer tax discount I was told that if I were to transfer the villa to my wife only we would get the title deed straight away and the discount too which we did immediately, and got both, the tittle deeds are ready since last oct but the land registry have been slow at issuing them out but we have the title deeds. the memorandums to rwo villas around us in lapta happened afew months so we were lucky our villa could not be touched,sad to say two neigbours now have problems in the pipeline with memos on them because they did not think it was necessary to rush the deeds once permission was granted, had we not done what we did today I too would be feeling the pain

this is like snake and ladders all the way to the top only to fall since we all know that title deeds really dont mean much at the moment until the land issue is settled

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.