North Cyprus Tourist Board - Stand up for North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Stand up for North Cyprus

Stand up for North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

dudakli

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 192 in Discussion

I'm trying to get as many people involved in getting TRNC recognised!

Thanks to the Greeks they have made us look bad, but what they've also done is joined all of, Turkish or not together in unity to fight to make sure that the island is no longer unrecognised! It's about time we put pressure on the government with the added bonus of all these angry people now that Jennifer Lopez has pulled out. Please spread the word, every person counts.. We're all here to help each other, if the Greeks haven't realised this then it's their loss.

PROTEST - AGAINST THE ISOLATION OF NORTH CYPRUS BECAUSE WE EXIST!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=135699499784345

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 192 in Discussion

Dudakli

The Turkish Cypriots were treated apallingly up until the Turkish invasion/intervention in 1974.

However since then the TRNC government have consistently played the victim card whilst doing nothing to help themselves......the property market is evidence of this.

As well as ruining the lives of us foreign homebuyers with their corrupt and discriminatory system,they are also ruining the livelehoods of the local population who are reliant on the construction industry and tourism.

Sympathy for the TRNC is wearing thin ,and to ask for support from us foreigners who have been victimised themselves by the self same regime almost beggars belief !

The changes that are required in the TRNC to create a just,fair and equitable system are simple and could be done quickly.However,the intransigence and lack of political will on the part of those in power is pretty galling.

Change will only come if the local population protest and demand change to protect their own livelihoods.

waddo

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 192 in Discussion

If the TRNC had engaged in the same or a similar style of publicity and down right lies about the past from the early 1950's onwards as the RoC has done then the Greek Cypriots would probably not be on the Island at all by now.

But who would want to live in a country built upon lies and deceit? Who wants to live in the RoC where hatred of the Turks is a National passtime akin to a major sport?

I support the TRNC in anyway but I will not engage in public ridecule of the Greek Cypriots as I am not a Cypriot myself, just a guest in their country. Any solution to the Cyprus Problem must come from the Cypriots themselves and as guests we should stay out of it unless requested to assist by the duly elected government.

I am afraid I can not blame the TRNC government for ruining the lives of any guest in their country, it was the guests choice to come and to stay, not the countries. This divided Island must never be rejoined again unless you wish to see a return to the 1950's - IMHO!!

Hector

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 192 in Discussion

It seems a shame that it apparently takes J-Lo cancelling her appearance at the opening of a new hotel, to spur dudakli into wanting action rather than the points mentioned by cronos.

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 192 in Discussion

cronos, I realise you have had many problems as have a great deal of others but bare this in mind. The legal system in TRNC only has to answer to itself.

If it becomes recognised internationally then international standards would soon follow, granted that means all the pirate stuff might disappear but it can only be good for those seaking a better form of redress for the terrible situations they have been left in.

With that in mind, I agree with dudakli, let's get the recognition that is deserved for the Turkish Cypriot people and then there might be a chance of improving relations with foreigners.

Hector

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 192 in Discussion

How many years has the south been part of the EU and yet the problems of corruption and lack of legal protection for property buyers in the south remain?

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 192 in Discussion

Hector, the points from cronos mainly affect his feelings toward the way foreigners and to some extent locals are treated internally to TRNC. dudakli is trying to raise awareness to the international community that the GC side of the story is not the only one and not always accurately stated.

There is a slight difference.

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 192 in Discussion

Proger....you are right,there is a difference.

But the TRNC would garner more support worldwide,and dispel the tide of GC propaganda if it cleaned up its act and showed that it can operate as a fair and democratic regime.

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 192 in Discussion

Hector, I am not getting into a debate with you because this post is about raising awareness and standing up for NC. If you feel you don't want to then maybe you shouldn't but is there any point in bringing down the idea in itself. It will achieve nothing for anybody that way. Granted, things may not improve for house purchasers in NC but as has well been documented, they can't get much worse so there is noothing to loose and possibly lots to gain.

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 192 in Discussion

cronos, same as with Hector, this post is not the place to debate the pros and cons of what we believe would improve things. As Waddo said, only the Turkish Cypriots themselves can change the issues internally.

If you wish to show support, it is easy.

I hope that many people do, I know that the 9000 members number is a little out of date but surely there must be several hundred people on this Forum alone who would like to see NC at least being treated as part of th International map.

Hector

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 192 in Discussion

proger1

If you are not wanting to get into a debate, why are you posting your thoughts? Why has it taken Jennifer Lopez pulling out to spark this thread in the first place? What is so important about her in particular as opposed to the thousands of tourists and many disillusioned expats that have voted with their feet?

What are the TRNC politicians doing that I could assist them with in getting the TRNC 'recognised'? If there is something why haven't they made that public?

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 192 in Discussion

I think what Hector is saying is that it is a 2-way thing. You support your country and it supports you. The latter has been a bit wanting recently.

dudakli

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 192 in Discussion

Proger 1 - I completely agree with all your comments.

However, Hector, I don't agree with yours. You choose to come and purchase land in NC knowing what the current situations were at the time. I also have land in Cyprus and although I am Turkish Cypriot I still have problems. Yes, the Northern side is in a state to an extent but if were able to get our voice through international channels then there may be a chance to start to rebuild and be recognised. Which is what I am hoping to achieve, you are with us or against us in my eyes.

I don't hate the GC's, in fact I have GC's as friends however I dislike those select few (which exist in every culture, race or religion) that cause trouble where trouble not need be. It is those that have joined the group on facebook that have reached 18,000 people not to allow Jennifer Lopez to come to our side of the island. The fact that they have butted their nose in is the problem, not the fact the Jennifer Lopez is coming to the island.

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 192 in Discussion

Hector, I reserve the right to think my thoughts and that is what I will do as you seem determined to argue until you are heard and I am afraid I won't do that, so as you pointed out, my writing comments is in a form, debating. The floor is yours and I wish you all success in drumming up answers to your questions on a post entitled "Stand up for North Cyprus"

dudakli, I have joined the group and hope that many others also do after all if the people in North Cyprus give up alltogether the governments might just decide that it is not worth the political turmoil involved in a compromising peace treaty.

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 192 in Discussion

Dudakli

"you are with us or against us in my eyes."....that is rather a black and white statement !

Would you say that the TRNC govt are with US or against us ?

Furthermore,in respect of my own particular problems regarding Pre-74 Turkish Title Deeds..the TRNC do not need any help to rebuild or be recognised to amend these discriminatory laws.

They have been more than happy to issue title deeds on GC land/property,but won't do so on their own Pre-74 land which is not is dispute.

They will of couse allow such property to be sold to us foreigners,but never issue deeds.

Can't you see how two faced they look?

When I first chose to invest in the TRNC 4 or 5 years ago I did my level best to explain to all my family,friends and work colleagues etc about how badly the TC's had been treated....why the 1974 intervention was necessary...I told them to ignore all the GC propaganda about Northern Cyprus,and actively promoted how great the place really was.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 192 in Discussion

I would urge every member of Cyprus 44 to join the facebook page. Someone is trying to do something positive and some people are already knocking them. It should be made a sticky and kept at the top of the page. There is no reason why we should not support this protest and it may prove benificial to us all in the end.

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 192 in Discussion

Geoff1131MK11, I'm with the TRNC government on this issue

Bradus

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 192 in Discussion

THE JLO SAGA

The singer and actress' official website on Thursday said her advisers decided against her appearance after "a full review of the relevant circumstances in Cyprus."

"Jennifer Lopez would never knowingly support any state, country, institution or regime that was associated with any form of human rights abuse," the statement said. It added that it was a team decision "that reflects our sensitivity to the political realities of the region."

Perhaps they read about the AGA Scam? That would certainly fit in with the human rights abuse, wouldn't it?

Or maybe they tapped into the Geoff and Mary 40 odd Court appearances. Another sensitive issue that shows the fairness of the TRNC judiciary. Perhaps they read my recent blog on foreigners being refused PTP on Pre 74?

Sorry have to run I have just been informed JLO is on the phone to me!!

spider

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 192 in Discussion

All done had my say.. )

Spider,X

wings

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 192 in Discussion

I have to agree with Cronos I'm afraid Dudakli. Its a sad fact but true that the feeling to support this cause is becoming harder and harder.

Maybe a little more support from the TRNC Government by reforming property laws and removing outlandish import duties imposed by Turkey which are possibly compounded with additions by the TRNC might help.

Now that subsidies are being removed from utilities and essential commodities is it possible that Turkey will reciprocate by reducing duties? Who knows? Ex-pats are ploughing pensions and savings into the economy. Its time they had much more support.

I must also say that I am not sure the Turkish Cypriot "man in the street" could cope with the competition that world recognition would bring. I'm sure it will happen one day but maybe not tomorrow.

Many affluent TC's will say they want this recognition, but in reality there are those with monopolies and pecuniary advantage who certainly do not.

wings

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 192 in Discussion

To the "Administrators" what seems to be wrong with my posting on this matter. If there is nothing it would be nice to see it. Unless there is some underlying sinister or moral motive for not doing so.

proger1

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 192 in Discussion

wings, I think you might find that your first few posts need to be moderated before they post which might account for a delay, ironically your second post was probably also delayed due to moderation, you know the one about the first not being posted.

The good news is that the positive people are on facebook joining together, thanks spider.

I suppose if the negatives stay on here it won't do any harm until some GC sympathiser logs on, copies from here and posts it on facebook, twisting it in a way to make it look like even the people who have moved to North Cyprus don't like the government. I wonder if that might be worth a little reflection

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 192 in Discussion

Proger....I understand what you are saying,but should we all bury our heads in the sand , keep our first hand experiences to ourselves,and ignore the unpalatable truth,just in case this may be picked up upon by a GC propagandist seeking validation ?

I'm sorry Proger,but I'm not prepared to play that game.

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 192 in Discussion

No, I think we should follow the TRNC government's lead on this matter.

dudakli

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 192 in Discussion

LOOOL! Cronos, I think you are quite sad to believe that there is no positivity in your world, in the TRNC or beyond that even.

Some people are trying to take a negative and put it into a positive, if you cannot do that then yes, YOU ARE WITH US OR AGAINST US. I don't tolerate negative people, they seep into the very core of society and infect everyone, and everything else around them. I am sorry for the trouble you seem to have had over in TRNC but surely you can think of something nice to say about the place seen as you decided to go and live over there.

Some people, I have realised in this life are never happy! I'm trying to promote something that would benefit us all, and the world. Imagine how many tourists would come to the island and help it grow if we had direct flights.

You may think me silly for believing that this is possible, but I believe anything is possible, if you don't, be on your way and don't spread your message of doom and gloom!

dudakli

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 192 in Discussion

You will only be burying your heads in the sand if you believe that the Turkish government alone can resolve this on their own..! They haven't managed up until now so maybe with the support of their people they can!

Rome was not built in a day they say, and in this context it's very true!

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 192 in Discussion

I think with the support of the TRNC government the Facebook

PROTEST - AGAINST THE ISOLATION OF NORTH CYPRUS BECAUSE WE EXIST!

can't fail. Anyone know how they'll be involved?

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 192 in Discussion

As dudakli says, things are possible if everyone works together. Or maybe the negative folk will have their way and things will never change, then they can sit in their houses without their deeds and say ' i told you so '

Be positive or be negative its your life!!!!!!!!

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 192 in Discussion

Well, there's 76 people so far. Once it gets into the 10,000s it'll start having an impact like the protest against JLo

girne 29

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 192 in Discussion

Proger

With message 23 on this, but we could try what you suggest. We could try and keep quiet about the abuses and perhaps hope the Govt bring in laws . It hasnt worked in the past but hopefully this Govt does not support the previous level of nepotism, so maybe your idea has merit. My only problem would be if someone asks a direct question about pre- 74 title or the mortgage frauds.

dudakli

"you are with us or against us".A phrase or variations of, used by Hitler ,Stalin, Mugabe and George Bush to stifle criticism.

dudakli

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 192 in Discussion

girne 29, I use the phrase because of the negativity - not cos I'm gonna chop anyone's head off if they don't agree with me my life has always run on positivity and negative energy makes me feel weak! But in effect, someone's not helping if they are not positive and are making a bigger impact by being negative, what would you call that?

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 192 in Discussion

Just an thought. Do the TRNC government recommend that when buying property in the North, that no-one should proceed with the purchase of any property until permission to purchase has been granted?So to all those who are now complaining about the lack of action by the TRNC government maybe it is not the government who got it wrong!!

gylden

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 192 in Discussion

you could also use Jeniffer L. official site, (community) quite a few things is going in there (KKTC)

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 192 in Discussion

Good grief Geoff...not that old chestnut !

Theoretically you are obviously correct , but as you well know EVERYONE was reassured by estate agents,developers and their own advocates that PTP was just a formality but it would take 18 months to 2 years.

The building boom would never have taken off in the first place if everyone had dug their heels in and refused to even pay a deposit without PTP.

Why are you making excuses for the government?

If this had been a genuine policy,and not a cobbled together excuse,then there would have been a corresponding law PREVENTING us from signing a sales contract until we had PTP issued.

Stop blaming the victims , and admit that the system is rotten to the core !

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 192 in Discussion

cronos, the system maybe rotten, but there were warnings in place. If you chose to go ahead with the purchase and ignore the warning then i honestly cant see how you can blame others. I know this is not what you want to hear but ' buyer beware ' should have been the watchword.

cronos

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 192 in Discussion

So there you have it folks , according to Geoff , it's all your own fault.

For the people who bought after 2004 without first getting their PTP( about 99% of all buyers I would imagine),but were allowed by the TRNC to complete a purchase contract and pay in full nonetheless ,you have only yourself to blame !

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 192 in Discussion

cronos, it really is quite simple. If you are a smoker, on every packet sold now there is a warning that smoking damages your health. If you choose to ignore this warning and carry on smoking that is your choice. If you then contract a smoke related illness would you blame the tobaco company for making and selling fags????

As i said befor its YOUR choice.

cronos

Message Posted:
10/07/2010

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 192 in Discussion

No Geoff , it's not that simple , you know it , I know it , and so does everyone else on here.

To use your anology to apply to the TRNC ,the warning would have been printed on the inside of the pack,and your doctor would be telling you there was nothing to worry about,carry on smoking...it's cool and sexy.

You obviously have an ulterior motive in defending this scandal so I see little point in continuing to argue my case with you.

I'm sure that anyone with any sense on here knows where the real blame lies.

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 192 in Discussion

Geoff,

When warnings appear in Estate Agents windows and on the bottom of your contract, I'll agree with your sentiments.

phylray

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 01:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 192 in Discussion

It always amazes me how the Greek propoganda falls so easily onto Western ears. I have listened

to ill-informed ignoramuses spouting out their prejudices. But, we also have people who know better,

because they were serving here at the time of the troubles, U.N. etc. The T.C's were treated appallingly

and there were many witnesses to this. For my own part, I can only say what I know, and have heard.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 192 in Discussion

Dudakli/Msg 1: 'I'm trying to get as many people involved in getting TRNC recognised!'

There is a saying: 'Be careful what you wish for!'

Currently, TRNC IS recognised Internationally - for government condoned lawlessness and corruption; so, the government and the people of TRNC now have to decide if they want THIS kind of recognition to continue.

If not, it's only them that can show themselves in a 'good light', not foreigners, or the expatriate community, who are, themselves, victims of blatant racial discrimination at so many levels.

If YOU cry out to us for help; firstly, you should appeal to your government to give US a 'fair go'!

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 192 in Discussion

cronos, no ulterior motive no hidden agenda just an acceptance of the systems that were established in this country before i decided to come. I spent lots of time here on holidays before taking the step to buy and move here. I knew the possible pitfalls and went ahead with buying in the knowledge that things could go wrong. I took what i thought were sensible steps to safeguard my money during the buying process. After all, we all knew the political situation here ( or should have ) so we make the decision to buy based on a gut feeling, then when and if it goes wrong we look for someone to blame. If you did'nt like the system why did you buy? How many lies do politicians all over the world utter everyday of the week? In life we all do things that may or may not be the right thing to do, but dont blame others for the outcome if the outcome is not to your liking.

There are lots of things here that i would like to see changed but as i dont get a vote, i have to accept what Cypriots want

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 192 in Discussion

Msg 42:

So that is your rationalisation: 'i have to accept what Cypriots want' - sorry, but it's simply neither valid, decent, nor acceptable.

I wonder how many [innocent] TC's who face losing their homes through all this lawlessness, fraudulent dealing and blatant corruption would agree with you?

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 192 in Discussion

OK i take your point. But the original thread was started to ask people to join together to get TRNC recognised. If this is successfull then i would imagine that the TRNC would become a part of the EU as it is now in the EU but is not recognised as such. Under these circumstances EU law would take presidence over TRNC law and at that point people would be able to take redress against the TRNC. So is it sensable to support the originator of the thread? or is it better to just carry on complaining that things need to be changed?

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 192 in Discussion

Geoff, I think you might be fighting a losing battle on here trying to explain the precedant that things might improve.

Not trying to antagonise anybody but every chance that can be taken to complain on the forum about the trials and tribulations of house purchasing in NC is utilised by many people. I understand that people have had nightmares and I am not condoning the situation or blaming anyone for their own misfortune but the Facebook page is about recognition of NC on the international level, not about the existing legal systems failures to uphold the expectancies of people from other countries.

Now I realise that people can and will post whatever they like wherever they like as is thier given right but imagine the scenario that you had a cause which you were looking for support in and every second comment was a criticism of a sideline subject to what you are doing.

If I was a GC, I would be P'ing myself at the comments on here just demeaning the basic idea by dudakli.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 192 in Discussion

Msg 44: ' Under these circumstances EU law would take presidence over TRNC law and at that point people would be able to take redress against the TRNC'

Your naivety is almost unbelievable!

The GC's have been and are continuing to flout a myriad of EU regulations and TRNC and the rest of us can see they're getting clean away with it, with no intention, whatever, to implement change.

So, what makes you believe that TRNC would behave any differently?

By all means, keep dreaming of Utopia, if that's what makes you feel better - call it 'positivity'!

HildySmith

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 192 in Discussion

Read all the books available: The Genocide File, Voices of Blood, Death of a Friendship, The Cyprus Problem. I have and I find it difficult to sit here in TRNC and gripe about 'my lot'. Me Me Me Me and More Me. I am part of the problems mentioned above and was in court on 1st and will be again on 15th to try to get my house finished after 4 years due to a corrupt builder and dodgy landowner. But I do not blame the Turkish Cypriot people for this. The TRNC governement is trying to protect their own people and get/and keep the TRNC on its feed. Yes, they make mistakes but so have a lot of British Governments. I lived through the Harold Wilson days and I saw the damage he did to Britain but I did not know what his role was in the CyprusTroubles and I am disgusted at what he did. So we British were part of creating the problem. I went on Facebook and gave my support for JLo to come - not because I like Jlo, I don't, but because I feel that the Greeks are still putting TC's down.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 192 in Discussion

well, despite the belief that healthy discussion is not good the Facebook protest now has 197 members. The TRNC government is about as interested in this protest as it is in protecting expat interests. Even if you get 1,000,000 people supporting the protest unless it is translated into action nothing will happen. Using an EU vote would make things happen. But I'm not using mine until I'm offered the opportunity of getting one here. Why should I?

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 192 in Discussion

Very well said Hildy.

malsancak, if you look at the 197 members on facebook, very few are expats which surprises me considering the amount who comment on 44 about how they want things to be better.

With only 197 members I am not surprised that the TRNC government would not be interested, if there were 1,000,000 I am pretty sure they would at least take notice.

If the international press get hold of the story then I am also sure they might be interested. The GC's managed to get so much hype about the J.Lo concert that it got cancelled. They had something like 16,000 mambers in 1 week probably a high percentage of which have not even been part of the conflict they are complaining about.

As Hildy has mentioned above, there is a great deal of I, my, we but very little of thier. I refer to things like , I have legal problems, my house is not finished, we are waiting for our documents.

The TRNC government and every member of its peoples did not con you, individuals did. cont.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 192 in Discussion

cont.

perhaps and I do stipulate perhaps, the TRNC government is doing everything it can to protect it's people and encourage tourism, emigration and expansion of the country but is restricted by the Trukish control held over it.

I know that there are many bad stories which are printed on here but when you go around NC and meet people and ask them there are many good stories as well, they just choose not to publish it on here as it would serve no purpose.

Nobody will promise you, me or anyone that things will improve for any particular situation should TRNC get recognition but as has been pointed out a great deal on 44 especially, it is not changing at the moment except for the worse so why not try and help by mearly saying I agree or mearly abstaining instead of trying to create negativity by assumptions that things will get better if the unrecognised TRNC does what we as an individual want because I am pretty certain that won't happen.

cronos

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 192 in Discussion

Geoff....msg 42

You don't own the monopoly on research and "homework".

We came over in 2005 to specifically buy Pre-74 Turkish Title deed property,feeling in our minds that this was the "moral" thing to do and avoid any future problems asociated with Exchange title.

After all , Pre-74 Title Deeds were the only "safe" and internationally recognised deeds weren't they?

Our builder was fantastic,and built us a beautiful holiday home,on time,for the agreed price.

However,The TRNC govt covertly moved the goalposts and since sometime in 2006 have not been issuing title deeds to us foreigners on Pre-74 title property.

They will not admit to such a policy,but we know to our cost that this is true.

No amount of research would have uncovered this at the time.

If the TRNC want genuine recognition and fairness,they need to start showing the rest of the world that they have

just and equitable systems in place protecting both their citizens and foreign buyers.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 192 in Discussion

cronos,

Just a question to give me more of an understanding as I was not around in 2005/2006.

When you made the decision to go for a pre '74' turkish title was there a guarantee that you would be issued the deed, or was it suggested to you as fact by the estate agent you went through.

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 192 in Discussion

proger1, "The TRNC government and every member of its peoples did not con you, individuals did"

I never accused the TRNC government of doing anything, that is the last thing I would accuse them of. As you won't listen to expats, have a chat with a Turkish Cypriot like Ismet, perhaps he'll let you into a few home truths.

cronos

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 192 in Discussion

proger....I don't understand your question.

Why would we NOT believe that that we would get our title deeds?

We were buying safe,internationally recognised deeds with no potentional for dispute with the rightful "owners"

You seem to be implying that I just believe what estate agents tell me.

Come on...credit me with some intelligence!

I genuinely cannot believe why you and others continue to make excuses for a corrupt sytem and have the gall to deflect blame onto the victims of these scandals.

I got off very lightly,and voted with my feet by selling up when my PTP was refused on dishonest and spurious grounds.

Many hundreds/thousands more are not so lucky,and are offered no protection by the TRNC legal system.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 192 in Discussion

Tenakoutou mess 46, My naivty and me looking for utopia? I moved here over two years ago from the uk and love it here, so maybe i have found my utopia. I dont think i have been naive as i am happy here. On the other hand, you moved here from the south of the island looking for your utopia, you obviously have not found it judging by your previuos posts advising anyone who will listen, not to move here, so who is naive?

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 192 in Discussion

I didn't say you accused them of anything but you keep stating that until they do something you won't assist. You are stating that they are not intersted, not doing what you believe is right.

I have harped on about this enough and it realy has very little to do with me, oh wait a minute, the subject post has alot to do with me as I want to "Stand up for North Cyprus"

The added posts about why an individual doesn't want to stand up for NC doesn't so I will stop gabbering on about it. As for not listening to expats, I am tired of listening to people who I don't actually classify as expats.

An expatriate in my understanding is someone who chooses to leave one country and live in another and adopt the customs. Too many ex british and other people seem to think that moving to NC means they can bring their expectancies with them.

I am very sorry for those people who have been left out in the cold as such but constant complaining on here solves nothing.

Enough from me..

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 192 in Discussion

not enough for me

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 192 in Discussion

Sorry, just an add on because I have just seen the post.

cronos, it was a question because I didn't know the answer, not an implication but due to the fact that you have not actually answered the question I am now wondering if you are trying to hide the answer for fear of admitting that the situation was partly your fault. I know, that is blatantly wrong and it doesn't matter because you were lucky and got out of it but many others didn't.

Yet again I ask the question, was there any guarantee that the TRNC legal system would protect you.

Just to try and humourise the matter slightly.

I lost a house when the woman I married told me should would stay faithful and then chose not to but the legal system decided that she was entitled to either the house or maintenance payments for 5 years that would amount to more than the house value.

I didn't do anything wrong and was not lucky enough to be able to sell up and get some back.

Who should I blame in that situation??

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 192 in Discussion

proger1, when I married my first wife I knew the law and what would happen when we split up. If you are saying that in the TRNC expect not to be protected despite promises that you would be then I agree with you because that has been the reality in SOME cases, in many cases the TRNC is far better than the UK for example. I don't even think that it is deliberate I just think that the 27 year old state is still learning and needs feedback during its development. That's what a voting system does, the people who experience the "wrongs" get to give the "wrong-doers" a bit of sharp feedback.

dudakli

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 192 in Discussion

I feel someone has a stubborn streak and won't let up, don't worry, I've seen the likes of you before and I think totally out of order to come onto the feed and make a mockery of it. If you didn't want to support the TRNC why did you feel the need to come and comment, and put everyone else off? I mean, you are doing what the World wants you to do, and you like a sheep are following!

I'm sorry to say this, but this issue is much bigger than you and your housing problems and although I understand that there are massive problems in this system, this is neither the forum to express them in or anything to do with the subject. You simply didn't have to support if you didn't want to. But it's people like you that make promoting the island and gaining recognition IMPOSSIBLE as you insist on not joining in but manage to convince others that they shouldn't either. What are you hoping to gain in your rant or have you just got PMT?

dudakli

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 192 in Discussion

Oh and by the way, the Greek Cypriots are now trying to stop Sean Paul coming to the island.. You see, because we don't support our side they are able to do this with such ease! They already have thousands of supporters and just using facebook, they have managed to create a hype in the media.

And malsancak, I totally agree with you! And would like to add, just you can't convince a divorced couple to get back together, you can't force the two sides together either. Which is why we need to start getting recognition on our own!

malsancak

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 192 in Discussion

dudakli, especially when during the "marriage" the dominant partner (GCs) changed the marriage vows and treated their bride like sh*t. I hope your realise that I'm with you in principle but have a sneaky feeling that the last thing that any government here wants is to be part of the EU and to have to conform to their laws. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I would like a bit more robust legal system here.

girne 29

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 192 in Discussion

proger

'yet again I ask the question,was there any guarantee that the TRNC legal system would protect you'

Would you say the same to a tourist who has been robbed?

What a shocking statement to come out with in 2010. Its the TRNC we are talking about not Zimbabwe!

It is a basic tenet of human rights ,enshrined in both EU and UN charters that EVERYBODY has the right to legal protection of any state whoever and wherever you are in the world.

I was recently in US and on entering the country I did not feel the need to ask at passport control if they would guarantee that,should I or any of my family,be murdered robbed raped defrauded etc, we would be protected by the law there.

In attempting to defend the TRNC ,statements such as yours ,do the opposite. Imagine the sentiments on here if a newspaper or tourist brochure had said there is no guarantee the TRNC legal system will protect you.

Everybody would say it was just GC propaganda to try and discourage tourists and buye

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 192 in Discussion

girne 29,

My question was about TRNC legality protecting you with regard to house purchase and you know it or at least you should if you followed the thread but OK you are right if you broaden the statement it can read like that, well done, you can twist my statement to make it sound the opposite of the intent.

Let me do the same then, you contradict your own statement with "this is not zimbabwe" and then "any state whover and wherever in the world"

You expanded my statement to include murder, robbery, rape and fraud. There are stipulated laws to protect you from that but does it stop it happening, No. My point or at least attempted point was that as fraudulent as it seems, if you or anyone else went into a contractual agreement whereby the law protected you, this whole situation would not be an issue. They found ways around the law, still are in some cases.

Many people believe that they have been robbed and are getting no assistance from the government, who's government?

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 192 in Discussion

I have just written a then deleted a whole speech but I allready know it would fall on deaf ears so what is the point.

I am not against anyone here and do feel sorry for those people who have invested up to and including thier lifes savings in such a system that has on occasion collapsed with no possible repair in sight.

Maybe it's because I still have the opportunity to start again that I speak like I do and forget that for some people there is only one possible future and that is not looking good.

I originally posted as a supporter of TRNC and intended no mallice with my statements against it and unless you twist my words I think that was obvious.

My point and what has dragged me two footed into a debate I should of known to stay out of was, Why raise individual problems, as many in number as they may be, held by non cypriots into a discussion about supporting TRNC.

I will bow out now as I should have done before I upset the people who are more sensitive to the subject

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 192 in Discussion

I have to say how completely disgusted I am with the English people here. Want to buy my home? The living room now is literally a stable. The toilet had a plant in it! And the washing machine had a basin of dirty water and clothes on top of it. Dont feel guilty when buying Greek homes where the women were raped and the kids were killed. I wish nothing but the worst for you illegally buying our homes, siding with the invaders so you can get cheap homes where atrocities were performed.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 192 in Discussion

post 66

What you described there, you not so 'civilised' is what you lying, murdering Greek Cyps did to the innocent Turkish Cypriots. And right now your greedy lying people on the South side are falsifying deeds, stealing land from Turkish Cypriot owners and selling them. You lying, stealing hypocrites. You are building up your weapons hoping that the Turkish army leaves Cyprus so you can continue what you began in 1963 and that is to genocide the Turkish Cypriots. You want all of Cyprus to yourselves which is why there has never been a solution up to now, of course you don't want to 'reunite' with Turkish Cypriots because you don't believe they have any rightful claim to Cyprus, this point is so obvious to everyone except the idiotic politicians, the UN the EU who still believe/pretend there is a chance of a solution. LOL. Well Turkish Cypriots don't trust the Greek Cyps and why should they? The evidence is there for all to see how much the Greek Cyps HATE the Turkish Cypriots.

Attila

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 192 in Discussion

Un-Civilised, did you live in Cyprus between 63 and 74? I think not, but do not worry sooner or later you guys will get your comeuppance too. Few more years the TRNC population will be more then roc population. But I suspect your brave heroes don't like what is going on and will start something sooner or later, then we'll see how brave you guys are. Perhaps you can break a few records running away like you did in 74.

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 192 in Discussion

DY

Who says that GC's hate TC's, what a load of nonsense.

Proger

Many of the problems in the TRNC come from within. Over the years many ex-pats and returning TC's from the UK and other places have supported a country and a community which struggles to support itself and have been let down by the administration of the TRNC.

Many warnings and issues have been raised over the years, home buyers pressure group has been going for what 6 years or so now, what has changed in that time? Very little

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 192 in Discussion

post 69 No not nonsense. I'm not going to list all the numerous reasons and evidence as to the fact that GCyps HATE the Turkish Cypriots but one thing is certain, they've certainly fooled you with their lying propaganda. You must close your eyes and ears to what the Greek Cyps do against the Turkish Cypriots in order to intensfy their isolation.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 192 in Discussion

I'll repeat the Greek Cyps, every single last one of them HATE the TCs, it's bred into them. They might appear friendly and be friends but underlying that is their ulitmate goal: to get every TC out of Cyprus and have all of Cyprus to themselves. To achieve this goal they would even commit genocide against the TCs if they had the opportunity. Oh yes, they did once didn't they, only they couldn't complete their murderous acts because Turkey intervened and saved the TCs. People shouldn't forget that.

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 192 in Discussion

dy

you are deluded if you think that this is the case.

There are many TC's who are friends with GC's and vice versa both over in Cyprus and in UK. It is the minority who are full of some nationalistic bollocks.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 192 in Discussion

post 72 Crikey you really are brainwashed aren't you. Greek Cyps might be 'friends' (two-faced) doesn't mean they want TCs in Cyprus as equals in government, see the difference? But what do you know and why should you care? You filter only what you want to believe and disregard the evidence. The GCyps don't want the TCs to have direct trade, they don't want them to have famous singers perform in the TRNC, they don't want the TCs to have any sort of normal life or international recognition unless the GCyps give them permission. Work it out

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 192 in Discussion

And Im brainwashed?????

TC's already have direct trade there have been numerous other threads about this if you care to look back.

You are insulting some of the TC's, some of whom post on here, who have GC friends

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 192 in Discussion

Very amusing, you bring up genocide AGAIN. I thought you educated lot here would know the word genocide, was invented to describe what the Turks did to the Armenians. So careful how you use it you hypocrites, lets not mention the Kurds, you are proper murderers. My Turkish friend read out a letter to a Kurd telling him how his 5 year old daughter was run over by a truck driver and they would not prosecute as she was Kurdish, yes that brazen. My friends own words were "ashamed" Anyway, to commit genocide we would have to wipe out all Turks. I cant see us doing that with 70 million of you. Attila, running you say. Typical Turk attitude. Huge Turkey attacks tiny Cyprus and accuse them of running. You couldnt even take half the island! Thats a joke. Lucky there was an American backed Junta in Greece and they didnt get involved. Youre also lucky Europe intervened when Greece took half of Turkey knocking on Ankara's door. Delusions of grandeur. You guys believe in prophecy? Nostradamus?

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 192 in Discussion

post 74 more propaganda from you then.

Oh ok. Sorry my mistake. The EU aren't about to discuss lifting embargoes against the TRNC, Embargoed is also deluded as is the title/point of this thread. None of the TC isolations exists other than in my mind, I've made it all up. The GCyps have not signed in their thousands upon thousands (who's being nationalistic?) to stop JLopez performing in the TRNC and are now not trying to stop Sean Paul performing in the TRNC. The GCyps are offering their hand of friendship to TCs (always friendly they are towards TCs) and equal power in Cyprus. And you call me deluded?

Why is there still no solution?

I don't feel at insulted by what I'm saying. Who are you to speak for all the TCs?

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 192 in Discussion

ThANK YOU TURKEY for saving the TCs against the lying (as in post 75), murdering GCyps. Thank you for being so powerful that the cowardly GCyps can't do again what they did to TCs from 1963.

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 192 in Discussion

not propaganda from me sorry you are mistaken.

If you done any research at all you would see that direct trade exists today, it is a myth that it doesnt. Im not going to repeat myself because you cant be bothered doing any research or looking back older threads.

There is no one reason why there is no solution

I am not qualified to speak on behalf of all TC's however you are insulting to the many TC's who have GC friends many of whom do post on this board.

Dy are you Cypriot?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 192 in Discussion

Msg 55:

Typical of the 'I'm alright, Jack!' brigade.

For the record, I have always supported TRNC when it comes to the 'rights and wrongs' of the 'conflict' - but, having had the same experience as 'cronos', 'bradus', et al., while this forum allows me to, I shall, indeed, relate my own and advise potential [foreign] buyers accordingly.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 192 in Discussion

Post 78

You conveniently ignore my points about how the EU are beginning talks to lift isolations and embargoes. You also conveniently ignore the fact that GCyps are selling TC land in the South and falsifying deeds, turning land into GC ownership-stealing from the TCs, not even exchange. Green Line trade (permission from GCyps) is what you're referring to, totally inadquate as well you know?

Why isn't there a solution? Because the GCyps will only agree to one where they have complete control of Cyprus. Look at how they behave now, as if they own all of Cyprus and look at what they did in 1963. They wanted full control then. Nothing has changed.

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 192 in Discussion

Its a Greek island, just because you settle somewhere for long enough, doesnt mean you ethnically own the land. By that logic Pakistani's should own part of England as the Pakistani Republic of Central England.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 192 in Discussion

post 78 Have a look at what numerous TCs are saying in the link in the first message. You'll see how TCs would not be insulted by my saying that GCyps hate the TCs. This latest JLopez saga has angered many TCs and even those with GCyp friends.

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 192 in Discussion

Hi un-civiliesed.

J.D. Bowers, the international authority and respected American professor of genocide studies at Northern Illinois University, correct when he openly confirms that Greek Cypriots and EOKA-B, under the leadership of Nikos Sampson, were guilty of the genocide of Turkish Cypriots within the 1963 United Nations definition of “genocide”

Must be a Turk lover.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 192 in Discussion

Civilised, at which point in history did it become a greek island

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 192 in Discussion

Dy are you Cypriot?

Im not ignoring what you are saying at all however if you are making accusations of GC falsifying deeds in the South and selling the land then im sure we all would love to see the evidence of this. There was a case a few years ago with a TC journalist, Hakan Sakurer, who uncovered something along those lines which resulted in the prosecusion of some GC's. Until you who any credible evidence then it is just hearsay.

So in the interests of fair play do you think the widespread sale of GC land is rightful then?

I am not referring to the green line regulation either as that only really covers, well for export, goods which are the produce of Cyprus. In an import sense like it or not direct trade exists today and if you look back some other threads you will see my experiences of this and how ive proved that it does exist.

That is your opinion re why there is no solution which you are entitled to however there is man reasons why there is no solution today

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 192 in Discussion

post 81 LOL. What are you saying? The so called Greeks who settled in before the Ottoman Turks shouldn't think they have a right to Cyprus? You are defeating your own argument.

How is it a Greek island? Oh I see you think you Greeks/GCyps are related to the Ancient Greeks? LOL. Well you're not. It has never been a Greek island.

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 192 in Discussion

Msg 83 How could it be genocide (see coined term to describe Turkish massacre of Armenians) when Turkish Cypriots arent a race?

Msg 84 Are you serious? Have you actually researched or studied history or going by what Turks have told you? Hellenistic period? Byzantines? All Cypriots having Hellenic DNA markers. The Occupiers such as the Brits and Venetians had troops and commanders there, never populations. Always Greek. What was it when the Ottomans invaded??

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 192 in Discussion

86, its proved through continuity of language and culture. Cypriot dialect is akin to ancient Greek. How does that happen. DNA markers prove this. And please dont use the tired exhausted attempt that Greeks are not related to our ancestors. Its embarrassing for you. Proved genealogically, look up some maps of the Hellenic genome. Greece, Asia Minor, Southern Italy and Catalonia, all where we settled. You sound like the scientists imprisoned for publishing false findings. If there any race that has been infiltrated by foreign genes its Turks. Hence why you dont all look Mongolian any more. You deny you have Greek and other European genes in you? You stole Greek babies to grow them up as Turks. Must of wanted some attractive genes to counter the block headed Mongolian genes inherent to Turks.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 192 in Discussion

post 85 It is not possible to ignore what the GCyps demand: they want/expect to have total power in Cyprus; and the fact that they are recognised, have direct trade/flights and are not isolated in any way, there will NEVER be a solution.

The international community, UN/EU must lift the embargoes/isolations in all manners so that TCs can take part in sports, trade, direct flights, competitions, so then that will put pressure on GCyps to be more reasonable and not act like spoilt brats thinking they must have what their own way regardless of what TCs want. This would create a stronger basis for some kind of solution to the Cyprus problem.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 192 in Discussion

Post 88

http://www.maknews.com/html/articles/stefov/stefov55.html

Greek Cyps/Greeks ARE NOT related to Ancient Greeks. You are however, I must say very good at LYING. You tell good lies. Well done.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 192 in Discussion

Civilised, I do really hope you are enjoying getting things off your chest.

As much as I enjoy a good debate, it is always a little pointless when someone has absolutely no chance of even admitting the other person has a point of view.

Eventually a mod will cotten on to this thread and as far as I can tell you have broken at least 2 of the forum rules from the top of my head and the post will probably get closed, your posts will be deleted and then you will in all likely hood get banned.

That was probably your aim but if you had followed you would have realised it was going nowhere anyway

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 192 in Discussion

Greek Cypriots are closer genetically to Turkish Cypriots than to Greeks - God help us.

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 192 in Discussion

Post 90 THANK YOU!!!! LOL! MAKNEWS?? These are the Bulgarians wanting to convince the world they are the ancient Macedonians! Stefov are you serious? This guy says that the Macedonians spoke a Bulgarian dialect and they spread their genome through Russia and the Slavic world. Instead of the common view that that Slavs came to the Balkans 600 years after the death of Alexander The Great. Or should I say "Alexandrov Makedonski" haha again your bs and propaganda fail. Like I said, jumping on every anti Hellenic bandwagon. Wow that must be embarrassing...

Proger msg 91. What rules have I broken? I always expect to be banned as my views are different from the Turkish views and its just like Turks to want to silence people with differing views. Enjoy your holiday home, I hope you can sleep at night.

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 192 in Discussion

I will end in support of the purpose of this post.

Stubs

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 192 in Discussion

Dy for the third time now are you Cypriot?

Im not going to repeat myself about the trade thing again, go do your own research but I have proved beyond reasonable doubt that today it does exist.

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 192 in Discussion

troodo as I said. You stole Greek children in the Ottoman era and grew them up as Turks. Hence slightly European looking Turks. Btw what does Troodo mean in Turkish? Girne? Izmir? I could go on and on...

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 192 in Discussion

Is that what your mother tells you to make you behave.

Civilised

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 192 in Discussion

No that was what Silvio Berlusconi's mother told him when he misbehaved, as he told the council of Europe.

Where else did the European genes come from? Please explain..

spider

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 192 in Discussion

Thank God England has never tried to ethnic cleanse like the Greeds tried to do...Wake up the TRNC is here to stay and nothing that you have to say on this forum you little we RUNT....will change THAT. )))))

)))) Spider X ps. you sure are giving us all a good laugh.

waddo

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 192 in Discussion

Guys, why do you bother? The GC has been trained from birth by the men in the black hats that the TC is a murderer and that everything bad that has happened on this Island is a fault of the Turkish - history will even prove that it was a Turkish accountant that lied to the EU to enable the South to join - just wait and see!

Leave them to their own misserable southern board where they can swear and insult each other and all other races but be forgiven by their church so long as they continue to hate the Turkish people.

If the Greeks were that good and that popular then there would be more of them than there are but fortunatley for the rest of the world - they are only a small and insignificant race of poor people who squeal if they don't get what they want, blame everyone else for their own mistakes and always pretend to bear gifts.

Leave them out of it and enjoy this pleasant country where even they are made welcome!

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 03:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 192 in Discussion

Why have you spammed this entire post with such rubbish? I don't get it.. If you don't like Turks, move on brother.. find another hole to lie in!

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 192 in Discussion

Civilised, all genes came out of Africa. In my own case a small group of ancestors carrying the haplogroup E1b1b crossed from Africa into the Near East about 75,000 to 85,000 years ago. They then moved from the Near East, into Europe (particularly around the Mediterranean) around 25,000 years ago. From there, as a foreign contingent of the Roman Army, eventually they moved into Dorchester about 2000 years ago. They slowly integrated with the West country locals when the Roman Army left and moved to London in 1860. Well, at least I know where I came from, how about you?

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 192 in Discussion

mal, all I know is that I came from my mummies tummy

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 192 in Discussion

at least you know more about your origin than "civilised" does

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 192 in Discussion

but they are Greek, doesn't that answer all possible questions about lineage, it certainly seems to make Civilised think so.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 192 in Discussion

We do stand up for The TRNC Government.

What we are asking is when are The TRNC Government going to stand up for us?

memorandums outranking registration under The Estate Agents Law.

PTPs on Pre 74 Turkish Title land.

Mortgages on properties that had already been sold and paid for.

Builders who will not hand over the kochan, once a property has been paid for leaving it vunerable to charges.

IF THEY WILL NOT PUT THESE MATTERS RIGHT then they are sending a clear signal to foreigners, that they are no longer

wanted in The TRNC, but they will make sure you cannot recover your investments, to take with you.

People that can leave with their finances intact are voting with their feet. DESPITE The fact that they loved The TRNC.

wynyardman

Stubs

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 192 in Discussion

John

I agree with you 100% ive been saying for years that much of the problems of the TRNC come from within. By making statements I get accused of being anti-TRNC etc etc.

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 192 in Discussion

Totally agree with John and Stubbs. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. It's nothing to do with being anti-TRNC but everything to do with looking after the economy and its people.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 192 in Discussion

Stubs,

What cant speak, cant lie.

Guess the truth is just too much for some to face up to.

I am NOT AGAINST The TRNC...what I am against is blatant daylight robbery, sanctioned by an inadequate Legal system.....

and that is the job of GOVERNMENT.

cronos

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 192 in Discussion

Wyn....there are none so blind etc etc

It must be so frustrating for you to constantly recount your own experiences ie the truth about the TRNC legal system,and still face barracking from those that refuse to believe.

Good luck with your own problems...both TRNC and personal...and I hope some positivity comes your way.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 192 in Discussion

Cronos, re msg110,

"Wyn....there are none so blind etc etc "

Indeed, it would seem that people don't believe what is posted on here until it actually happens to them - they carry on believing what they WANT to believe, so that they can keep safe in their little cocoon, until it's too late.

I'm sure that our friend would agree that he would not listen to a word said against Greatstone, despite repeated attempts to 'open his eyes' - No disrespect intended by this, it just demonstrates how difficult it is, for all of us, to learn from other people's mistakes / experiences, no matter how explicitly they are put to us.

I think that we each have our own view / model of the World, and it is difficult for us to accept that things are not really as they appear to us - particularly when we have made financial commitments on the basis of those perceptions...

girne 29

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 192 in Discussion

Proger message 64

I didnt twist anything. When you say you only meant no protection under the law for those involved in house purchase,fair enough. However , are you going to specify what illegal acts are allowed and what are not ,thus my point about robbery etc.

Either a legal system protects against crime or it doesnt, and that means all crimes . They cannot choose to ignore some crimes as opposed to others.

My main point opposing what you said was that nobody asks or should have to ask for a guarantee of protection under the law .It is a presumed right.

Anyway I have said my last on the matter.I get the feeling that no matter what crimes are committed against the purchaser ,there will always be a defence . The defense that you should not have expected the law to protect you because you didnt get a guarantee, is a defence to far.

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 192 in Discussion

That is correct girne 29

Civilised

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 192 in Discussion

Msg 100, I havent been trained to think anything, Im Greek not Turkish, we are free thinkers. My parents are liberal and my best friend is Turkish. I know where I come from I dont see where this has come from, people think theyre writing intelligent comments but are totally nonsensical.

"If the Greeks were that good and that popular then there would be more of them than there are but fortunatley for the rest of the world - they are only a small and insignificant race of poor people who squeal if they don't get what they want, blame everyone else for their own mistakes and always pretend to bear gifts."

This quote by Waddo is gold though! Small and insignificant. over 40million world wide and a million times more respected than Turks. Everyone hates Turks, even fellow muslims. Ugly, square headed, horrible language, uncivilised, honour killing, genocidal, back water inbreds. You lot are so deluded you think the world has anything but disgust towards Turks. LOL at the delusion h

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 192 in Discussion

Civilised,

Your post 114 wasnt very civilised, was it?

wyn

Troodo

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 192 in Discussion

Un-civilised.

Those glob hopping Geek better get home quick before the Turks buy their homeland.

As for everyone hates the Turks - you really do have a problem don't you.

Patientia est a donum superum

Civilised

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 192 in Discussion

No its simply true.

Wynyardman I reply in kind,now get off my land.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 192 in Discussion

civilised

your spelling has become really good and your english ,amazing and only in one day,

oh and no one believes you are greek and even less so that you have turkish friends ,so maybe it,s time the

mods delete you ,if only from our forum site.

musin

long live the kktc

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 192 in Discussion

yeh, OK civilised. Single minded by any chance.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 192 in Discussion

Surely we all knew who 'civilised' is after just a few posts? Why bother to answer him?

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 192 in Discussion

CIVILISED YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DELUDED... INSALLAH ALLAH SANA BU GECMIS GUNAHLARINA AFEDER VE BIZ SABIR VERIR.

If you have got a Turkish best mate, ask him to translate it. I feel sorry for you. Your parents really did a bad job with you and it shows, I'm sure they are ashamed to call you their son but hold up! They're Greek Cypriots, which means they'd be proud of the hatred and disgust you show towards Turkish people. You should learn to live and let live, in every culture there is always a rotten apple, and you're one of them. You probably wasn't shown any love or attention whilst growing up which has messed you up psychologically... Go and see a psychiatrist, they may be able to help you. If you live in London I can recommend a good friend and colleague of mine. Good luck in your ventures and I do hope the forum administrators see your posts and ban you, as you have nothing constructive or remotely interesting to say.

Civilised

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 192 in Discussion

Please dont post in that horrid language, like what I imagine neanderthals to sound like.

None of you believe Im Greek, what the hell else would I be? You are illegally occupying my land, killed my family, cant answer anything put to you, mongol squatters. Cant live and let live, youre in my house and you dont belong, get out.

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 192 in Discussion

How many houses did you think you had. Can't be the one I'm in, it's not finished yet unless you mean the tree house that used to be in the olive tree, sorry but it was kind of delapidated.

Civilised

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 192 in Discussion

Kind of dilapidated, a bit like NC since 74

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 192 in Discussion

Moderators,

DONT ban the thread, but can you please ban this member. Clearly has nothing to contribute to a rational debate.

wyn

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 192 in Discussion

Civilsed, you killed my family.. you were the ones that started targeting villages before the war even started - the war in the world's eyes started when Turkey came to intervene but I know the truth, and it will come out and everyone will HATE the Greeks for feeding them with such rubbish.

Sen benim canimi cok sikiyon ve ben sana bokunu yediririm pis rum!

Have some more, just above you is the beautiful Turkish language. The Turkish people that are so gorgeous, helpful, kind and totally above the insults you doll out. YOU ARE NOT CIVILISED, WE ARE! I know you must have used that tag name as an irony of some sort. ;)

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 192 in Discussion

Civilised, you really have issues! You deserve every bit of bad karma you receive for being such a loser, and having so much hate. On judgement day I hope God takes your soul and sends you straight to hell, which is where you deserve to be in my opinion!

honestie

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 192 in Discussion

can civilised not be deleted from this forum .hes an insult to the greek cypriots and certainly doesnt offer anything weve not heard before or is even remotely interesting .

If in London maybe he should go to hyde sauare and stand on his box. the only thing is he would soon be locked up until then hes besdt ranting to himself at least someone may listen

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 192 in Discussion

In 1963, the Greek Cypriot wing of the government created the Akritas plan which outlined a policy that would remove Turkish Cypriots from the government and ultimately lead to union with Greece. The plan stated that if the Turkish Cypriots objected then they should be "violently subjugated before foreign powers could intervene".

<<< and we're the uncivilised ones, we're the ones that took your homes? You guys were greedy, from living in peace you decided you wanted the entire island and went about your merry way killing women, men and children... there's this one disgusting picture of this pregnant woman, lying in the bath.. see, the world doesn't see this cos TRNC doesn't promote hate.. but the time is nearing, there's no surrender from us anymore.

Just sit tight you sicko..

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 192 in Discussion

im with dud nuffsaid fb done

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 192 in Discussion

honestie, i personally think this guy needs to be banned from this forum completely. he isn't constructive and is purposefully writing to annoy and disrupt. he needs attention as he was deprived as a child lol!

dudakli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 192 in Discussion

Thanks message 130, you're a star

dy1259

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 192 in Discussion

post 114

Honour killings in Turkey are committed by Kurds. I thought you loved the Kurds? Also thank you for supporting my point about Greek Cyps being two-faced in their friendships with TCs. I pity your Turkish friend who is supposed to be your 'best friend', they must think you are a true friend as well. Your 'liberal' parents must be ashamed of you and your racist, vicious comments or did THEY liberally indoctrinate you with all that racist vitriol?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 192 in Discussion

civilised. Msg 114

"I have not been trained to think anything"

Its good to see that you have not dissapointed your tutors.

wyn

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 192 in Discussion

dudakli, the only benefit for me is that I can make sarcastic comments without fear of upsetting him because I really don't care, it lets me vent after 3 weeks of attempting to be mr nice.

proger1

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 192 in Discussion

wynardman, brilliant, really wish I had seen that one, massive applause

Geejay

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 192 in Discussion

Please don't ban "civilised". He continually reminds everyone how hate filled and racist the Greek Cypriots are toward the Turks and Turkish Cypriots.

He obviously is in favour of the ethnic cleansing that was attempted in the early 60's and which the G/C's would like the world to forget. Something that the EU and UN are now coming to terms with !

zerochlor

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 192 in Discussion

i hope civilised has not been banned.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 192 in Discussion

zerochlor,

Can you not give Civalised a glass of your pool stuff.? It might clear his thinking.

wyn

Troodo

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 192 in Discussion

Un-civilised. Dose your Turkish friend know what you and your ilk say about the Turks?

If he dose, he must be a saint. You say you want your land back, which you lost in war, I assume that will be with no TC's to spoil your day.

I do not believe you are a GC, a young Greek maybe. If so, never forget that your country invaded Cyprus and the Turks put a stop to it.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 192 in Discussion

zero

i hope he does,nt get banned ,his doing a great job showing the real face of the gc,s .

dudakli

bos ver sinirlenme elin pis rumu .

musin

long live the kktc

Troodo

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 192 in Discussion

Let's have a campaign - Don't ban Civilised, he is to much fun.

tracer

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 192 in Discussion

This is shows how much thay care for the tcs.

Professor and Foreign Ministry Davutoglu, in his book "strategic depth" than the already accepted "safety issue" and states on Cyprus as a vital stepping stone "floating base" of Neo-Othomanismou: "Even if there was not a Muslim Turk there, Turkey had to maintain a Cyprus issue. No country can remain indifferent to such an island located in the heart of the living space [...] Turkey needs to see the strategic advantage gained [...] in the 1970s not as a defensive Cypriot policy geared to keeping the status quo, but as a character from the diplomatic core supports an aggressive strategic sea "

pielady

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 192 in Discussion

I feel the Greeks have just done us another favor sad as it seems stopping J-Lo as it makes them out to be the bad guys and dictating as to whom may or may not visit this sector of the island and surly this cant help the peace plan as they are only building a bigger wall and getting more backs up I only wish Banki noon would read half the messages written about the views of the T.R.N.C expats and understand the Greeks are not wishing for an amicable settlement just a one sided agreement,their way!! I dont think so.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 192 in Discussion

Message 120 - kaiserphil.

I am so pleased you posted this. I thought it was my paranoia taking over again

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Regards.

Jean

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 192 in Discussion

do you mean the grad in cap and gown x

zerochlor

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 192 in Discussion

id or rather him not be banned just so we could listen to some of the old lies he keeps ranting on about,also i really wanted him to reply about me possibly useing a house that may be on some greek land he was talking about with such a beautiful view of the sea and mountains.

And a beautiful grape vine near by that may of been his grandfathers,such beautiful sweet grapes,free aswell,they seem to taste much better when free.

Stonehousepub

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 192 in Discussion

Merhaba re civilised !!

You know exactly why the Turks came to our rescue in 1974. Thank god they did otherwise every single Turkish Cypriot would have been murdered. You are the murderers, you are the rapists !! Your sad little spouts of propaganda only makes the TRNC more powerful.... Long live the TRNC

I would really like to meet you in person my email is ozzyhasan@hotmail.com so contact me asap.

Hiding behind a keyboard in the good old fashioned Bubble way is easy, you are a sad little greek coward.

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 192 in Discussion

you know stonehouse my friend, i dont even think he is. sad maybe but greek no x

Stubs

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 192 in Discussion

John

re msg 109 I completely agree with you.

I am not against the TRNC or indeed the TC people however previously anyone saying anything negative about the TRNC is called anti TC, TRNC and pro GC.

You just have to look at Dy's posts on this thread directed towards me for proof of above

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 192 in Discussion

bump it up

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 192 in Discussion

Post 150

Quote where I've called you 'anti TC...' I've been answering your ridiculous assertions that the TRNC is not isolated nor embargoed.

This thread is not about the TRNC legal system or dogdy developers or whether people like you are anti TC/TRNC/Pro GC, IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU. It's about ending the inhuman isolation of the TCs in the TRNC.

cronos

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 192 in Discussion

I thought the thread was about standing up for North Cyprus and a request for support ?

Unfortunately many people have rightly asserted the view that when the TRNC supports them,they will support it.

YFred

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 192 in Discussion

Can we not arrange a face to face meeting with out GC cousins in the south to discuss the matter face to face over a cup of Turkish coffee so long as our dearest cousin Civilized promises to behave in a civilised manner.

The power and reason and argument far stronger than the fist.

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 192 in Discussion

post 153 That's entirely up to you and them.

Fortunately there are many who do support the cause of ending the isolation of the TCs/TRNC.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 192 in Discussion

It is a long time since we had a thread that ran so long with so much vitriol and humour in it.

The thing is civilsed makes his/her posts as he/she sees the situation and has every right to do so. The fact that so many people respond and get so uptight plays right into their hands.

Over the years I have seen many examples of the same with people whinging and moaning about getting them banned etc. However they are entitled to their viewpoint the same as anyone else. However if you go to Cyprus-forum with the counter arguments you would no doubt be killed through inadequacy of argument.

You have to accept there are two sides to every argument just to say "you are wrong" is no argument. You must give valid argument or ignore the moron civilised otherwise you just look stupid.

YFred

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 192 in Discussion

I still think Civilised will not be able to resist Turkish coffee.

cronos

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 192 in Discussion

If by "them" you mean the TRNC government,then because they chose not to support me,I will reciprocate in kind.

That's fair enough don't you think?

Stubs

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 192 in Discussion

Dy

You are mistaken you answer nothing but make statements. Im not going to repeat myself however if you done any research at all you will see that direct trade exists NOW, ive experienced it and proved it.

Yet you accuse me of propoganda in msg 76.

It is you who avoids answering any questions and assume that as a race GC's hate TC's.

Are you Cypriot?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 192 in Discussion

Who ARE these 'Greeks' ?

PLE-ease they are mostly Cypriots.. !

NB You are sort of paying them a back-handed compliment ;)

dy: where have you been? I see you lost none of your selective objectivity....

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 192 in Discussion

post 158 If it makes your little brain happy.

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 192 in Discussion

post 160 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm And you seem a little more balanced!

cronos

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 192 in Discussion

Dy...msg 161

When the argument is lost,resort to insults.

Well done you.

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 192 in Discussion

post 163 Not at all, I hadn't realised I'd insulted you.

It seems you are very keen in your posts to direct away from the subject of this thread. Ineffective. Word has spread, as I said many people are supporting the cause.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 192 in Discussion

dy1259-cronos;

Neither of you are Cypriots going by your profiles!!!If so,why dont you keep your noses out of Cyprus problem.Bad enough having "mmmmmm" telling us what to do.

Please do note that,"debating" and "speaking on behalf" are 2 different things.

Stubs

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 192 in Discussion

Dy

perhaps you would like to share your experiences of the TRNC?

Many people have chosen to live there, invest their lives there and have supported the TRNC which by the way can not even support itself at the moment. When the look for protection through the legal system they get what is simliar to the centre of a donut.

So on that basis what makes you think that many of these people want to "Stand up for the TRNC" after all that would make them hypocrites. Many have tried to support it but been shafted by the very thing you expect them to stand up for.

Perhaps you need to have a reality check

cronos

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 192 in Discussion

Post 164.....then read your post 161 again...it shouldn't take long.

And contrary to what you imply,I was trying to get back to the subject of the thread ie standing up for the TRNC , by pointing out my valid reasons for not doing so.

It may not be what you want to hear,but that's democracy for you.

cronos

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 192 in Discussion

Yorgozlu....nice to see your xenophobia surfacing again.

So ,is Cyprus 44 a forum for Cypriots only?....or for people interested in Cyprus?

You are telling me to keep my nose out....what will it be next "Go home if you don't like it"?

Where to?....your place in London?

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 192 in Discussion

post 167 It's up to you whether you want to support the cause, I don't care what you do. What I won't accept is people saying that the TRNC and TCs are not isolated. Go into the link in the 1st post and read what it says. I'll help you get started:

'PROTEST - AGAINST THE ISOLATION OF NORTH CYPRUS BECAUSE WE EXIST!'

'WE' refers to the Turkish Cypriot people. Ok?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 192 in Discussion

cronos;

All I was pointing out,was that you are arguing......WHY???

tHERE WAS no BAD INTENTION,HENCE

dy1259

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 192 in Discussion

Post 164.....then read your post 161 again...it shouldn't take long.

That's not an insult.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 192 in Discussion

dy1259;

I've sighned it 2 days ago,TA.

Stubs

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 03:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 192 in Discussion

So Dy

Are you Cypriot?

Salahi

I understood what your tongue and cheek comment meant in msg 165 hence asking Dy if they are indeed Cypriot and they continue to show a distinct refusal to answer questions.

Although many ex-pats along with others have invested their lives in the TRNC and have no say in any potential solution to the Cyprus problem however it should quite rightly in my opinion be left to Cypriots to solve.

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 07:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 192 in Discussion

Morning all,

Looks like we have started to argue amongst ourselves, support TRNC yes/no.

Just my impression of the posts but then I am on a downer, I have to go home again and leave the wonderful job I do.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 192 in Discussion

dy1259.

"Stand up for The TRNC" was the title of the thread.

I posted that I would go on facebook and support the TRNC when they supported me and the very people who have helped build their economy, with Laws that protect and encourage property aquisition, on a level playing field. Fairness for all.

I was bought up to believe that you command respect, not demand it. Insulting fellow members does little for your cause.

wyn

Troodo

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 192 in Discussion

Stand up for the people, not the politicians and thieves. God help us if there is a solution and we have to live with the parasites of both sides.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 192 in Discussion

As Wynardman says: 'you command respect' - meaning that you earn it.

What has this and past governments done to earn respect, and thereby support, by allowing all this skulduggery that has and is currently being perpetrated against not only foreigners, but, incredibly, their own people, who [not that there is much difference in choice!] voted for them?

spider

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 192 in Discussion

OK...Do you want the world to know the TRNC is here..Do you want the world to recognise North Cyprus or Not.

Quite simple..Yes ...Or are you Happy with the way things ARE..If so its a NO.

Spider,X

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 192 in Discussion

Oh if only it were that simple Spider, for some reason people can't resist putting the issues they have and starting more discussions rather then a simple yes or no however it might hopefully be drawing more attention to the facebook page as it has had a great deal of viewers.

malsancak

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 192 in Discussion

spider, I think a lot of the posts have made it clear that people are not happy with the way things are here but of course want to support TRNC if it changes its ways. Perhaps the real question is do you want the TRNC to be recognised as something specific, e.g. separate from Turkey and the south or as part of Turkey or of the EU? I personally want the TRNC to be recognised as a separate part of the EU and complying with EU laws in the same way the south has to. I certainly don't want a separate TRNC be able to get away with anything the south wouldn't be allowed to get away with.

wings

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 192 in Discussion

Thanks proger1

I now understand the process. Many thanks.

wings

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 192 in Discussion

Thanks proger1

I now understand the process. Many thanks.

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 192 in Discussion

Sarcasm, isn't that an unusual concept on this forum but you are very welcome wings, I do try to help out when and where I can

wings

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 192 in Discussion

No sarcasm intended proger1, Just pleased you stopped me from digging a very big hole to drop into.

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 192 in Discussion

In that case, you have my apologies for misinterpreting your comment.

This thread has been attempted to be put back to the original intent several times but just kept getting dragged away and when spider made another attempt I thought I would try to back her up and then saw your comment in the wrong vain.

Peace on earth and goodwill to all men, and a few women but not J.Lo

spider

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 192 in Discussion

Just my thoughts...You are never to old to start all over again, Hay Ho.people have done and up and left because being unhappy is not what life is all about..Yesterday is history and today is a gift.make the most of today and if one is unhappy with their lots Change it.!! we were all brave enough to get our butts over here and start a new life..so we can all do it again back home !! Stop winging we all know how North Cyprus it..get on with what needs to be done and in my eyes acceptance of how things are sure is going to help most.. )

Spider,X back to the question..do you want the world to recognise North Cyprus..Its not about what North Cyprus is like.Perhaps we should look at how things might change if the North was recognised.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 192 in Discussion

spider/Msg 186: 'Perhaps we should look at how things might change if the North was recognised.'

And how many more people will be cheated into losing their homes, their lives, health and dignity and, for many, their life savings before that happens?

Bradus

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 192 in Discussion

Recognising the North would result in the eyes of the world being on it. Not good for a country that can't even run an air line effectively!!!

In no time at all Northern Cyprus would be known by all for all the wrong things. It is simply not ready for recognition.

Be careful what you wish for.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 192 in Discussion

Bradus/Msg 188:

Thank you, seriously, for echoing the contents of my msg 41.

When will some people ever learn - i.e., fervently wish to be recognised for all the wrong reasons, as is currently the case, and will continue to be until ethical law is implemented and racial discrimination abolished?

spider

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 192 in Discussion

I must say that from reading all the posting on this forum since i joined, most people that have so many problems and i do understand their are quite some problems hanging over peoples heads, but everyone seems to be so very angry. People need to understand that if something is out of our control their is just no need to hang onto all the anger.. and bring it into everything with regards to North Cyprus.Most people i feel need to look at some positive mental attitude PMA..You may laugh and scorn at my way of thinking but once you practice this way of thinking in a positive,instead of a negative way, things start to look a little better and things happen around you also making you wonder how the hell did that happen ! sometimes it just takes a little time to look at how far things have change for the better for you..just because you might not have you title deeds.or the electric in your name etc etc.dose not mean that your not living your lives and living your dreams.

Spider,X

Lilli

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 192 in Discussion

spider whilst i love you with all my heart, many and so many lost money.whilst we would all lobe your positive mental attitude we cant as pressure is on us, bradus etc try ti pin point the pitfalls. there by the grace of god and i tell you know we will be next x

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 192 in Discussion

I love Cyprus Spider and would love to see a better standard of living and brighter future prospects for all. I would like to see the Island prosper. However there is a big difference between being positive and burying your head in the sand. Realism is needed, yet many people jump on the bandwagon thinking only about wanting direct flights and an increase in tourism to the island.Its deeper than that, there has to be the ability to manage such things.

You can't just pretend everything is hunky dory when its quite evident the country is being mismanaged. Nor is it a good idea to encourage change, if people do not have the skills or drive to implement the much needed changes

The construction industry is only one aspect that drastically needs changing. There also has to be policies that encourage business and investment. People need to be found "real jobs" rather than the government acting as one big inefficient job club. After all these years they are still totally reliant on Turkey.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.