North Cyprus Tourist Board - its time the world knows that the trnc is now turkey
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > its time the world knows that the trnc is now turkey

its time the world knows that the trnc is now turkey

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

measey

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Turkey is Establishing itself in reccesionly times to be a progresive Country with pro-active ideas which will be good for the TRNC, so to all youn Geeks TRNC IS NOW TURKEY.

Measey.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Most Turkish Cypriots will be extremely annoyed at you appointing yourself as their foreign de facto spokesman.

It may appear that TC's have self determination, but I'm afraid it's a case of: 'Whomsoever pays the piper....'

An accomplished businessman you may well be, but you certainly need to hone your political and literary skills!

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Well said Tenakoutou

measey

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Tenakoutou. Thats your opion but not mind, hopefully im entiteled to mine, when did i state that i was appointing myself as there foreign de facto spokesman, my Politcal Skills well you know what they say about politicians , what they know about Business and the Real World, you can put on the back of a Postage Stamp and still have room for your name and address, Liiterary skills still got a few years to catch you up on that one, but stand by what i said.

Measey.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

measey/Msg 4: ' when did i state that i was appointing myself as there foreign de facto spokesman, '

The simple answer to that one is:

When you thoughtlessly, or out of innocent ignorance, posted on your thread topic!

There you are, I've said 'innocent' - just to demonstrate to you that I have no wish to become involved in any 'Argy-Bargy'.

measey

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Thats your opion, i think your wrong with the Bigger Picture.?????

phylray

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 02:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

I don't think T.C.s want to think of themselves as ruled by Turkey, although they are related.

They are Cypriot.

Tootie

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 02:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

The bigger picture being what??

Have you joined all the facebook groups ?

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 07:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

N Cyprus is pushing its self into a corner to a point that it will be totaly reliant upon Turkey due to the countries failure in its ability to support its self, it will find its idenitiy erode. Total economic collapse is only a short time away, survival will be at the cost of a sellout to the South, or total political take over by the mainland, either way the north of the islands destiny will be in the hands of others, and not its own population, a situation brought upon by greed, corruption, and idleness of the majority of its people.

D.N

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

DN is spot on with his analysis, except for the 'will be totally reliant'!

TRNC IS CURRENTLY totally reliant on Ankara's 'handouts', without which the vastly overstaffed and overpaid government 'workers' sector would be jobless and the infrastrure the same as it was, but of course more dilapidated, since 1974.

Carndi

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Agree with Dixie Normus comments / analysis.

The T/C are their own worst enemy and like lemmings are rushing blindly to the cliff edge.

I spoke to a group of young TC's ( mid 20's ) and they told me that they were in support of the island being unified and when I asked them why they said that they were becoming a minority in their own country.

I said that even with unification they would still be a minority.

They said that they were tired of all the mainland Turks and foreigners who lived here.

When I pointed out that the foreigners were vital to the ecconomy,they then said that Turkey would supply the money. At this point I decided that there was no point in carrying on the debate.

The Unions at Ercan say they are tired of the interference by Turkey in the affairs of the TRNC but refuse to recognise that Turkey supports them with millions and millions of tl.

Who pays the piper calls the tune. They should remember that.

Lilli

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

carndi i have to agree, when i asked some very wealthy tcs for donations of blankets for the flood victims, they replied we cant beleive you ask when turkey will send them lorry loads, we never give anything as turkey always steps in. i could not beleive thier attitude but then if they beleive that then why would they do anything

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Carndi/Msg 11:

It's called: 'Eating your cake and wanting it'!

Who are those responsible for 'educating' [read 'brainwashing'] these people you were talking to?

Answer: the same types who 'educated' them!

In mitigation, however, I guess that 'national prestige', in any country, stems from the indoctrinated and therefore ingrained belief that: 'WE are the chosen race!'

measey

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Please tell me where the Tc would be without Turkeys support.

Measey.

cyprusman3

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

You are all correct Turkey feeds the t/c community and allso saved their asses in 1974 yet they resent the mainlanders whoio work hard and are a great asset to NC. I am a cypriot and can tell you , if it wasnt for the mainlanders we would be no where , the foreigners make up less than 5% of the population so dont really have much of an effect either way, thats the realisty of it !!!!

measey

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

The bigger picture being what. Message 15.

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Measey

That foreigners i.e Brit expats will never have a voice in the TRNC. That's the big picture Measey. I think what message 15 is saying is that despite the very positive role the mainland Turkish people play they continue to be unappreciated by the Cypriots. Second class citizens springs to mind.

Do the TC's want to be under the control of Turkey as you have suggested? I think you might find the answer is no.

Do you want the TRNC to be Turkish? Yes but perhaps for all the wrong reasons.

It's time the Brit's stopped adding to the Cyprus problem by adding their own version of it's history and looking at their own needs rather than what the Cypriots, GC and TC would wish.

measey

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Bradus. Take your points on board and respect them, but i will beg to differ, are you saying that if the Tc had the choice they would prefer not to have the support of the Turkish Goverment, i think you would find that things would change and for the better i dont think so.

Measey.

measey

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Ozzie2. Of course the Turkish Cypriots should have a say, my point is if you think that the Turkish Goverment withdrawing there Support to the TRNC will improve things then ok im wrong and am willing to be convinced by you but i personaly don't think so , Do you think that the Turkish people are being uncareing to the TC .

Measey.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.