North Cyprus Tourist Board - the lost deposits for property in mark unwin land
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > the lost deposits for property in mark unwin land

the lost deposits for property in mark unwin land

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read All Unwin Estates North Cyprus Threads posted so far

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Hello Victims

Did any of you good people manage to reclaim any lost deposits, that went into Mark Unwins bank account ?

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

I can guess. And I'd still have 10 fingers and thumbs to count with

spider

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Not another scam ? Has this Mark kept the money.or have they devided it all up between all the staff ? this is terrible.

Spider,X

TheSaints

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

You have bored us to death over a long period with your tireless tirade of abuse towards the Unwins, at first people had sympathy for you, now you are just a tiresome nuisance.

More people have had good dealings with Unwins than bad (me being one of them) or they still would not be in Business.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Well TheSaints its pretty horrible time that a lot are having in NC, if this is correct that someone has b----ered off with my deposit I too would be informing people....

It is good to hear that you have had good dealings with this firm,but it looks like others havent... Sorry to sound grumpy, but so many scams are around and things like this post surely can only hhelp unsuspecting buyers.....

TheSaints

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

She has made more stories up about the Unwins than Hans Christian Anderson wrote.....

moorephey

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Are we all saying that there are scammers here in North Cyprus.....Property scam........ Thank God my father didn't decide to buy a property here....i can only imagine

dizzycows

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Oh sorry the TheSaints, thought oh not again another badie, but it is a fact that there is a lot of scams and it should be made public if any one has been caught up in one....

scootex

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

I paid unwins £3000 as deposits on 3 villas at Tatlisu having arrived in TRNC within 48 hours of the money getting here and realizing that that the so called villas were not as discribed by their employee in phone calls from the UK I asked for the depoisit to be moved to another site but was told no I lost my 3 grand as they said the builder now had it but the best part is that the site never got built and Mark Unwin refused to come out of his office to discuss it with me.If I had more time and thought it would get me anywhere I would sue

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Message 9 scootex.

Unwins always keep the first £10k on any deposit, thats the costra nostra deal.

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

hmmm dubious. Though msg 10 its 'Cosa Nostra' not costra nostra. Being pedantic ;-)

Troodo

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

The Saint.

The Unwins have the worst reputation on the island, many people have had problems with them. You seem to be one of the lucky ones.

blade

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

We purchased with Unwins without problem.

I don't mean to sound unfair but why would someone purchase property without seeing it first?

smithy

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

I bought and sold my Property through Unwins and had no problems with them, and would recommend them to anyone

Sheila

lancashirelad

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Estate agents are paid by the seller to find a buyer who is ready, willing and able to buy

Once a buyer has paid a deposit, thats the estate agents job done

They have no further obligation or involvement in the deal

You could only sue the estate agent for breach of contract if you had a contract with them and they had breached the terms of that contract

Did you?

Did they?

It doesn't sound like you had actually signed a contract with anyone at that point

You can't pay a deposit and then just change your mind and ask for your money back - it's not John Lewis you know!

If the seller or builder broke a contract with you, then sue them and get a memorandum put on all their assets if they don't pay the damages that you are awarded

It's not that I don't feel sorry for you, but to buy something sight unseen, on the word of a SALESMAN beggars belief - it's quite probable that he'd never seen the site either - he was probably just working from the blurb on a sales brochure

Caveat Empto

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

This might sound a bit harsh but it is my understanding of the matter. When you put down a deposit it is basically an agreement to purchase, is it not.

It is not the "I want to think about it stage"

When I put down the deposit on my car and then changed my mind, I was told that until they sold the car to someone else I would not be able to get my deposit back, when I asked why it was very nicely explained to me that when I gave the 2,000 deposit the garage owner had spent nearly 5,000 of his own paying import costs and the like and if he gave me back my deposit he would have spent 5,000 of his own money hoping to sell the car with no guaranteed buyer. It made sense.

Perhaps the house purchase deposit has similarities but with the real estate system being how it is in NC, they can't be sure if they will sell the house and for what value so the deposit is what they need to get the purchase guaranteed for you and if you change your minds you lose the deposit.

Maybe !!

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Yes, you're right Proger. But people were being sold homes that weren't as described. That makes a difference in my book. Unwins sold a lot of properties at Amaranta Valley. They can dodge and make excuses, but did people get what they paid for?

The estate agent law in North Cyprus allows estate agents to get away with murder. The British ones are the worst IMHO because they trade on the fact that they are the same as in the UK - absolutely not true. If estate agents have a bad reputation back home they are like saints (no pun intended) compared to here.

Jefferson

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

Message 6 refers. Do i gather you are calling the poster a liar?

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Message 18 Jefferson thanks for pointing that out.

I,m no liar, as my bank account can prove, my monies to Unwin went via the Brussles based Swift Transfer System , the 'pittance refund' came back via a cheque, avoiding the Brussles based SWIFT TRANSFER SYSTEM. Plus, lets not forget, the TRNC good lads, made Unwin cough up.

Lets hope they do the same with the Clinically obese Andalucian loving clubber, Lying lawyer sat on my deeds.

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

The andalucian pissed off lawyers are called ther obese Girne lawyer По-русски

злоумышленник

scootex

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Message 15,16

1)I like many others we were going to buy off plan so no property to view .

2)as I was suckered in with lies like They are selling fast.

3)three years ago I was Niave about the house buying scams

4)Unwins took my money into their UK account and never issued a receipt

5) I was told if I did not like the Tatlisu site I could transfer deposit to another site Lies

6)2 days after they received the money and I asked for a transfer to another site they told me the builder already had the money and they could not transfer it

7)Mark unwin refused to even meet me to discuss it

8)site was never started to this day as no planning

so before making comments like nothing to do with the estate agent , or up to me to check the property and the deposit is not I think I want buy .The truth is I was lied to by his employee who he is responsible for ,so there was no contract implied or othwise .

His own staff one of which has gone back to the UK told me what was going on

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

I donot understand why Mark Unwin allowed Ali Safa to take over his business.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

scootex, I did actually say "perhaps" so there isn't a before making comments. I made a supposition not a declaration.

I don't know the true details of every case and wouldn't comment on them if I did, I quoted what happened to me in a slightly similar situation and that it might have the same reasons, if I am completely wrong then so be it but I asked it as a question. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction but I would appreciate it more without the "so before making comments" which by the way didn't seem to have an end to the sentance at least not the way I read it.

I hope you one day get some resolution as I do for all the people with problems from many sources, I just fail to see how the people that start these type of posts expect it to help them.

the butler

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

msg22,

Can you explain this in more detail please. "I do not understand why Mark Unwin allowed Ali Safa to take over his business." When did this happen and why?

The butlers wife

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Proger,

I am not sure that the people starting these types of posts expect it to help them. Most post because they would not wish, what has happened to them, to happen to others. Admitting that something has gone wrong with your purchase in the TRNC is not an easy thing to do. Look at the reaction they often get for daring to relate their experience on the forum. They are rarely seen as a victim but are held responsible for everything that has happened whilst the advocate, estate agent and developer get off Scot free.

It's a fact that people don't want to know about anything negative that happens............until it happens to them.

spider

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

and when it happens to them they do all they can.but no else is doing anything the govenment need a wake UP call and they need it NOW..

Spider,X

karakum5c

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

All estate agents should be put up against a wall and shot........................................................

...........................would have to be a very long wall in Cyprus.......................seeing how long it has

taken to build the bypass we might be waiting a while for a long enough wall to be built.

QUESTION ---After we have shot them all who is going to sell us our Villas/Apartments and take our deposits ?

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

its a greed network, thankfully hasan sungur knew the score, and knew I had a young family one of which has a health problem.

Bonner

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Hasan Sungur insisted Mark Unwin paid part of your deposit back otherwise Unwins would not be granted their license to carry on trading. This license was a requirement of the Estate Agency Law introduced in Jan 2008 and yours was the only positive outcome of the Government's Property Complaints Office.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.