North Cyprus Tourist Board - Amaranta Valley to be Auctioned Off
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Amaranta Valley to be Auctioned Off

Amaranta Valley to be Auctioned Off

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

I have checked back through the days waffle and find no reference to todays CT headline - AMARANTA UP FOR AUCTION.

"The decision of Girne District Court to allow a sale order means the site with 68 part built villas will go under the hammer".

"A date has not been set for the auction sparked by an action by one unhappy Aga Construction homebuyer who had won a court case for repayment....."

Apparently this court order was sought 3 years ago but the details have only come to light this week.

"..more than 200, mostly ex-pats stood to loose any claim on the land.... because of the legal move"

What have we been saying for last 2 months about many more auctions and people loosing their homes and some are still calling us moaners and whingers.

spider

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

All the people who are facing problems should stand up and be counted for..When is this ever going to happen. Posting on the 44 is not going to help. apart from getting things off ones 'Chest'..That may be why some call 'these people' moaners..More post need to be up here saying whats the next move, What people ARE doing and this may see some slight movement and progress..When is the Rally ??

Spider,X

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Spider, I share your sentiment but not your hope. The government has known about the problems at Aga for more than five years. They've known about the PTP problems. They know about the auction problems. They know about the construction industry problems, landowner problems and estate agency problems. Still they do nothing except bandy fine words about.

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Dear cyprusishome

The man behind the auction (and his mates ) had their assets stripped in the UK over 12 months ago.

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

message 4.

Who is the man behind the auction whose assets were stripped 12 months ago?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

spider,

I continually plug away with the info to try to get the ostriches out to stand side by side on the barricades, But it seems there are always excuses from "we are scared of retribution" to "I am washing my hair that day"!!!!

If the info is not updated - for example nobody in UK will know about todays news if it was not posted here. I doubt if it will make any difference when the time comes to turn out and be counted but at least I have done my best.

Does not do me any good, still no electric, no water, unfinished home but it is too hot for next month to go on the trail again to try to get something done. Shoes worn out, tyres worn out, petrol bill - do not ask!!!!! The only other thing that is worn out is ME & WIFE, divorce or coronary beckons.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

bradus,

at a guess she means Mr Robb. That said why haven't the government here done the same, just confiscate the lot. Ah, I know, Mr Robb knows where the skeletons are buried!!!

spider

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

When are people going to demonstrate outside the govenment buildings on a quiet protest..I understand your situations and my heart goes out to all of you..but surely its now time to let your quiet voices be heard in numbers..

Spider,X

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

spider

you organise, I might go, really depends if there is football on TV.

Quite frankly it is very soul destroying to turn out to events on a regular basis and the same 12 turn up every time. And this supposedly to help those several thousand who have problems. Went to one where there was 4 of us, we really looked stupid in front of press and other groups.

If you wish to start a campaign to get enough people to make it worth while..... Do not forget it will be above 35 degrees outside parliamnet now, so really enough to put most off. Better to wait to parliament resumes in september.

spider

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

I can understand its soul destroying and even if its just the same 12 month in month out.friends ans fellows may follow why just the one demonstration..Why not the 1st of every month..Yes perhaps when the weather gets cooler but my view is it needs to be ongoing to enable the govenment to take note that these peoples problems will not go way with a promises.actions speak loader them promises.. Just my thought,and i am happy to participate and support all i can.

Spider,X please dont say that just 12 cant make a stand.

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

If the government had wished they could have given title deeds to all of Rob's victims. Yes it would have been on uncompleted properties but at least they could have chosen to finish their houses knowing that when finished they had ownership.

Rob will probably receive the money from the auction and share it with his partners in crime.

The whole affair stinks and the corruption trail has been left for all to see.

What can you do? Stop throwing money into such a lawless industry. Only ever consider renting.

cardman

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

In October 2009 I met with the Prime Minister, Dr Eroglu to discuss Amaranta, he said that I should organise the completion of the properties and that he would guarantee water and elctric to the properties so that people could live in them; I pointed out to him that without title deeds people will not pay any more money and that he should look to resolve this problem. He advised me, he was meeting with the Attorney General for talks and it would be discussed in Paliament and he would get back to me. I am still waiting.

In March 2010 I met with Gary Robb and discussed at length the AGA Saga; Gary agreed that he would cooperate with the TRNC Government allow them to expropriate Amaranta on condition that the buyers got their properties with clean title.

cardman

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

cont'd

In April 2010 the Prime Minister Dr Eroglu attended at meeting at the Pia Bella and made the following statement;

“We are aware of this problem which was allowed to occur when we were not in power. For people with title deeds under the name of Gary Robb we only need a signature from him then we can turn over the title deeds to the rightful owner.”

We have a situation here where one is asking for a signature and another is offering a signature, but for the life of me, I cannot get this letter from the TRNC Government.

The question is, do they really care? and I think we all know the answer.

Bradus

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

cardman,

Who has made the decision to auction them off?

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

ive heard mark unwin is doing the auction,well he might as well sell them again, he has already sold them all twice lol

cardman

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Bradus

As far as I am aware, only the courts can make such a ruling.

That ruling is only given when someone that has a memorandum seeks to have it satisfied.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Bradus,

As above, it is a court decision and apparently this decision has been standing for 3 years. Sorry I have not printed the full article, my fingers cannot be bothered but think I got the salient points. It seems to have been generated by a buyer who wanted their money back, they won their case and only way to get money is to auction assest. May be that is too simplistic but best I can glean, I will try over next few days to get the full facts and will publish if I can obtain them.

Bottom line - amaranta valley owners are stuffed!!!!

cardman

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

cyprusishome

Bottom line - amaranta valley owners are stuffed!!!!

I am a buyer at Amaranta, myself and several other buyers will be bidding for Amaranta when it comes up for auction, we will be looking to salvage our investment made to date. If you are a buyer and financially able and wish to be part of this group please email me at howard@charlesandpriestdevelopments.com

Jwheeler&Sons

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

STOP THE AUCTION

It,s meant to finish people off.

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

jeaus if i was not sad enough last night this is my worst nightmare. one little glimmer of hope taken from us. thankyou mr robb thank you this feeeeing government to keep thos old lady trying to make a living in your illeage country and you make it more so day by day thank you, i thank you for giving me food for my book television etc. i will promote you bad points and warts. you have killed so many dreams.

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

sorry i did not do spell check but im angry, if you cant understand, well i guess topu will make sense, im so angry upset etc

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

cardman,

good luck, or should I say have some luck for a change. May be any potential gold diggers can be put off to allow you to move on to at leats realise your assets.

It is criminal that the government do not see fit to just confiscates Robbs assets the current people in charge of (LOL) TRNC were the same that gave him his citenship and permission to build!

graycoul

Message Posted:
11/07/2010 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

jwheeler

i heard it was a woman in a gary robb apartment in zeykinlic who hasnt got her deeds and thats all

lucky her im still waiting for my villa

catalkoykids

what do you know about it being mark unwin???

i know he did buy 2 flats off robb and took him to court

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.