North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best place to book a holiday to Egypt
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best place to book a holiday to Egypt

Best place to book a holiday to Egypt

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

JoanneM

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Internet, N.Cyprus travel agents or S.Cyprus travels agents?

Not a cruise holiday but a 2 week holiday in Egypt, B+B or all inclusive, staying in or very close to Cairo or Giza?

Whats the cheapest place to book it, where would you get the best deals, would it be south if your flying from Larnaca to Egypt?

Or is internet still the best option?

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

JoanneM, this might sound rediculously stupid but the answer is to get someone in Egypt to do it.

There are different prices in Egypt for Locals, expat residents and tourists.

I am not sure if it is still possible to do because I haven't been in contact over there for a couple of years but there used to be the possibility to go on a forum such as this in Egypt and some nice expat might book the holiday for you. The flights I think are best from Larnaca as it is a relatively short and inexpensive flight.

I will try to get hold of my friends who have just moved from Egypt and see if they can help with contacts.

As for the 2 week holiday in Egypt, personally Cairo can be browsed in a few days and a couple of days on the Nile and then a week in South Sinai (Sharm el Sheikh) would be my choice.

JoanneM

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for the info proger.

throstle

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Do it yourself on line

Fly from Larnaca and stay in 3* hotel on Giza strip, actually overlooking the pyramids

We did

flightholiday

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Joanne: We have lots of available tours to Egypt - one thought looking at your profile is that you might want to do them combined with a flight from the UK to Ercan - the last time we did the trip we went UK, Istanbul, Cairo, Istanbul, Ercan, UK.

Have a look at our http://www.flightholiday.co.uk web site it might give you lots of ideas or go direct to our Egypt page with tours for as little as £199.00 (basic and rustic over 9 days but you get a lot for the money). http://www.flightholiday.co.uk/Egypt_Tours.php This time of year can be very hot though so try travelling in Autumn, Winter or Spring unless you like being baked although today is seemingly 5 C less than Kyrenia.

JoanneM

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

We are looking to go around end of September start of October time so we still have the hot sun. We live here in North Cyprus so would be flying from Larnaca.

We'd prefer not to book any tours in advance, just to have a look at what is on offer while we are there, maybe a dinner show on the Nile one night, or a day looking at the pyramids, but like i say, we prefer not to book it before we get there in case we wake up one moring and just feel like lazing by the pool. So would be looking to book days out via the hotel reps maybe?

Plus we are not married and heard this can be a problem for a couple wanting to share a room. Is this true?

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Joanne,

I am not sure about the tours and other questions but my wife and I have different names on our passports and did not have any problems with hotels. Essentially the room is normally booked in one persons name for two people which I did and if I remember rightly they only asked to get a copy of the passport when we checked in for visa reasons and never even questioned the fact that we had different names. As far as the Egyptian authorities would have seen we would appear as a non married couple.

JoanneM

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Just thought i'd check, out of about 6 different hotels i looked at online there was 1 which said you would need to show proof of marriage eg marriage certificate.

So far, after browsing, i have foudn that a 2 week hotel inc breakfast in a 4* hotel, return flights from larnaca will cost between $680 - $750.

Thats not including dinner shows and day tours.

But would you say that is about the standard price?

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I am afraid I am a bit out of date for prices as it is 3 years since I went and my friend had residency which meant he could get a discount on prices for me.

But just on a basic look, that is about $50 something per night which sounds good to me. I am sure Tom can give you a better idea of that.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Joanne Msg 6 : I am not sure but in the more expensive international hotels you should have no problem with sharing (assuming you are both international passport holdres i.e. EU Aus NZ etc.)

If you have prebooked tours as part of a package as a rule they are cheaper that the ones booked in the hotel and also they are arranged by a large international supplier so that they are of a good and consistent quality (which might not apply to the ones booked from a hotel for you). Unless you are moving on with the party that night you can always take a "day out" and not go on that days tour.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Joanne if you have a particular itinerary for Egypt email it to us and I will get it priced. info@flightholiday.co.uk The flights you can buty on line from our web site at probably better rates than you wpuld pay us or another agent (unless they have a charter flight to Egypt)

Vina61

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hello , My name is Nervien ,i am Eygption living here in Alsancak , i used to work in a toursim company as a Marketing Manger. Anyway, i can arrange fa very cheap trip to Egypt. The best way to go to Egypt is from the South .

For further questions , call me on 05338 350 688 oor contact me through my email : tawfikvina@gmail.com.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.