North Cyprus Tourist Board - "J-Lo to sue Cyprus over hotel booking"
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > "J-Lo to sue Cyprus over hotel booking"

"J-Lo to sue Cyprus over hotel booking"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

malsancak

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i78642

TourGuide

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Sounds a bit TRUMP for me : )

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Sounds like she is looking for an escape route out of the mess she let herself in.

I hope there isnt one,but even if there is,I cant see any Turkish supporting her anymore........and thats probaply 4-5 times the whole of Greeks worldwide.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Dear Yorgo....

The article is a SPOOF.. tongue in cheek !

Brilliant find, malsancak

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

I have to admit , I was a little drawn inuntil I took a second browse through it and that was after I saw it was called spoof.com

Keith007

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

This article is exactly the kind of ridicule which the TRNC will go through as a result of Cratos suing JLo. The international public opinion will mock and humiliate the TRNC at a every given opportunity and this ridicule will be amplified if Cratos loses the case - a lawsuit against JLo will only serve to reinforce the negative view of TRNC as a "third world" country..it just doesn't serve a purpose for us.

This is a snippet from the spoof articel above:

"A spokesman for turkeys claimed that they never looked forward to Christmas, despite reports to the contrary."

I know it's a joke but this sort of ridicule has a resonance with readers and will serve to reinforce negative stereotypes which people have of Tukrish Cypriots and Turks.

The lawsuit is counter-productive and i would encourage Eroglu's government to meet with Cratos to suggest an alternative strategy ...

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

This is the second thread you are saying the same thing on and while your comments are enlightening, nobody on C44 can do anything about the situation so why and I do ask this question respectfully do you keep posting about it.

You could always create a facebook page against the law suit but then that would be more publicity.

The problem with publicity is simple in its definition, it is made public and the public will make thier own judgement. Whilst the J.Lo concert has probably helped raise the profile of TRNC in international viewing which defies partially what the campaign to block the concert was aiming at, it has also possibly cost the hotel large amounts of revenue in the fact that they had advertised J.Lo as thier opening celebrity and now have to find a replacement. If they do not at least try to fight what happened they would be leaving the door open for other celebrities to do the same in the future.

That is not good business

malsancak

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

I think the article is taking the pee out of J-Lo and her team's ignorance and not out of the TRNC or Turkey.

Keith007

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

malsancak: "I think the article is taking the pee out of J-Lo and her team's ignorance and not out of the TRNC or Turkey."

My point is that if the lawsuit goes ahead, there will be many more negative views expressed about the TRNC from tens of thousands of JLo fans and many more negative articles from journalists who will plaster this type of headline in the media and press: "Illegal state attempts to use law against JLo" - the fans in the forums and the headlines in the papers and online will be anti-TRNC and counter-proiductive for us, that's all i'm saying...

proger1: "nobody on C44 can do anything about the situation so why and I do ask this question respectfully do you keep posting about it."

I'm only expressing my opinion about it, i thought that's the purpose of the JLo threads? Why didn't you ask the others to stop posting about it? With respect, why are you singling me out?

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

I didn't single you out, that would be a justified comment if you were posting the same comments as others and I was only criticising yours and nobody elses.

J.Lo, or at least her legal team must have viewed the coontracts before advising her to sign them. She then reneged on her contract whilst non of the true up to date situation had changed, merely the opinion of a small percentage of her fans, admittedly they did it in a way that made J.Lo out to be a war criminal synmpathiser per say. She pulled out because she was worried about public opinion causing a dent in her future earning potential. The hotel has not even got off the ground yet and her cancellation will be doing the same to thier potential earnings.

I was agreeing with you that this may result in some public opinion going against the hotel but I fail to see how it can be against TRNC, the country has done nothing but be snubbed by the GC comments unjustly which has done it no harm but the hotel was harmed by the result

Keith007

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

proger1, i agree with you regarding the case. I believe that JLo reneged on her contract and the Hotel is justified to sue for damages. But that's not my point. My point is that a lawsuit against a hugely popular international star which JLo certainly is, will not do the TRNC any favours. it doesn't matter that the hotel is a private enterpise and the TRNC has nothing to do with the lawsuit. JLo's fans and ignorant journalists will connect the two and paint the TRNC in a bad light.

It's like the Gaza flotilla incident which has caused so many problems for Turkey politically and has given a negative view amongst Americans and the West towards Turkey. It was the private Turkish charity IHH (a private company) which caused the problems but the aftershock of this incident is causing problems for the Turkish state. Similarly, the fallout from the JLo lawsuit will have negative consequences for the TRNC even though the problem has nothing to do with the state.

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

OK, fair point, I made the mistake of thinking you were trying to get peoples understanding or persuade them toward yours but it would appear that you were just giving us the benefit of your opinion.

My miss-interpretation again, sorry.

I will be glad to get home and have something better to do than reading C44 all day and making boo boos.

Keith007

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

That's ok proger1, no need to apologise.

I was trying to express my thoughts about the issue, sorry if i didn't make myself clear.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

There's no room for sentimentality in business!

While this is being debated, an 'out of court' settlement is likely being negotiated!

proger1

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

I agree and her sudden apology on Facebook is probably part of it although I would prefer to see the apology in the international press but I doubt that will happen as the GC's would then start saying she has no need to apologise and then it would go round and round and round and, oops, getting dizzy must go now feeling lightheaded oh dear. goodnight all

advocate67

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Simple contract law. breach a contract, pay the consequences. Hope the hotel do not back down.

I hear Peter Andre is free, tickets to see him at Thorpe Park reduced to £7.00, sure he'd do it for a tenner!

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Job sorted by the 'advocate67' - now I feel an Efes [maybe a Fosters!] coming on!!!

advocate67

Message Posted:
12/07/2010 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Have both and make mine a G&T

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.