North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cheap satellite system in UK
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cheap satellite system in UK

Cheap satellite system in UK

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

Chelpet

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

In UK Screwfix are offering a satellite system for £75.00 including 60cm dish, receiver, LNB, wall mount, controller and cable, I know you are not going to get UK sky but will it work in NC, it is HD and SD digital (whatever that means) was thinking about bring one out with me, what do you reckon?

Peter

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I can only find THIS :

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80878/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Aerials-Fixings/Labgear-Free-to-Air-Satellite-Kit

@ 30 GBP

and this:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/35628/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Aerials-Fixings/Labgear-Portable-Satellite-Kit @ 80 GBP

Neither of these system offer HD ( SD is standard definition - as opposed to HD high def. )

Any HD receiver in CY -if turned to a BIG dish ( well installed, good quality 1.8m )would only get ITV HD

BBC HD can't be received via sat in CY, and C4 is scrambled - only a SKY HD receiver -with a working subscription card or a Freesat from SKY viewing card - cost 20 GBP will work

When Five goes HD, it will also require a viewing card :(

The SD version of the receiver MIGHT pick up BBC interactive - if it has a red button facility on the remote..ITV reception in CY on a 1.8m requires a SKY card.. this receiver will therefore be USELESS for ITV/ C4 / Five.

Sorry :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Peter - you probably CAN use this receiver to view Nilesat - and if you get a 1m dish you'll get 7 or so watchable eng lang channels without any subscriptions.

Chelpet

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Mark this offer came through on flier through my letter box (do you remember them)

It gives a catalogue number of 98603-57 and was originally priced at £159.99, but thanks for info, it just depends on how much the package weighs as to bringing it out, or else the ayotolla will have to cut down on her knickers.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/07/2010 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

re 4

Got it ! here's the link which I found from your cat no.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=NB1TGFWMHRMWQCSTHZOSFFA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=98603-57&searchbutton.x=7&searchbutton.y=6&searchbutton=submit

I don't know how good the tuner in the receiver is, but it is a good price for UK users who want BBC and ITV HD and accept they won't get any channel five and not C4 in HD...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.