North Cyprus Tourist Board - Property Tax, typical N. Cyprus misinformation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Property Tax, typical N. Cyprus misinformation

Property Tax, typical N. Cyprus misinformation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

flossie44

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

My other half has just made a special visit to Cyprus to pay the Property Tax. We were told by several sources that he had to do it personally or else, someone with Power of Attorney. Our advocate who has this was unable to dothe tax for us, so, as we were hoping to get our deeds in the near future he went out to pay it.

I have just had a phone call to say he did not need to go personally and that a neighbour could have done it as long as they had the necessary documents. He is really annoyed as he had to cancel a holiday to the Lakr District and the flight was very expensive. So anyone else in the same position take note.

flossie

walkerscott

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Janet,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Your Lawyer should have been in a position to have advised you about this. But it is good that you have expressed your concern for others to take note.

I advise people to read what Forum members write but not to take anything at face value, always to check it out before acting on it.

Thank you once again for bringing it to our attention.

John

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I just paid my neighbours property tax at Lapta and they only wanted a water bill for the correct reference information.

Indeed, I have my meter disconnected so no water bills and I paid mine quite easily just giving my name and address.

mamachina

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Its easy enough once theyve got your details on the computer! It took 4 months for ours - had to take in copy contract to prove house was there!! As there is no water couldnt take bill. After that I think anyone can go in and pay it - they just take the money!! Just give name and address - at least thats all I did last month. If its a resale itts easier as previous owners have paid and its all there.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.