North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC Temporary residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC Temporary residency

TRNC Temporary residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Deniz1

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I was told by my neighbour that she was asked for a copy of her property tax payment (council tax) by the police when she went to renew her residency. This is a new thing as i have just done mine and was not asked.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I wasn't asked either. Does she have her kocan rather than a sales contract?

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

The last time I went, I wasn't asked either, maybe I will take my contract of house purchase next time I go, until I get my residency sorted out.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

No she doesnt have her kocan she took her contract as usual.Policeman having an off day?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

In that case was the contract stamped. That would likely be the reason for asking for more. There was a similar question posed a few months ago on same theme.

The requirment as a stamped contract or kocan.

Dumyat

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Our contract did not have a land tax stamp on it, therefore could not get a renewal. We had to go to land tax office to get it stamped, they claimed we owed tax for last year for £1200. We checked with our lawyer who had already paid this at contract signing stage and had stamped copy as proof. so be aware.

gooligan

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I presume this was asked for by Abdurahman who sits on the right hand side in the Girne Police office,he has objected to everything in our sales contract for the last 3 years,before him it was Gulip who worked there and he even demanded my pension payment statements (I was 33 at the time and provided them much to his amazement)

Abdurahman this year stated that we had the wrong stamps on our contract and confered with the youngish bloke with the short hair who said the rules had changed in October last year and our contract was invalid (again)

We had to go see our Advocate and explain (again)and he produced a letter for us stating we had paid all the taxes and our contract was perfectly vaild,we went back again to Girne Police station and as luck would have it we got Abdurahman again,and once again he said our contract was invalid and then I produced the magic letter which he then read and 5 minutes later we were out of the with a promise we could pick up our residency in 3 weeks.

cronos

Message Posted:
16/07/2010 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Gooligan.....ever get the impression you aren't wanted ? ;)

Joking apart,it sounds like yet another example of the unjust and inequitable system in the TRNC.

We don't expect preferential treatment , just equal treatment.

blade

Message Posted:
16/07/2010 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

We have always had a decent service from the residency people, never had any problems with them.

It must be luck?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.