North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help - Old computers - free to a charity/anyone who can make use
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help - Old computers - free to a charity/anyone who can make use

Help - Old computers - free to a charity/anyone who can make use

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

ozwozz86

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi

Have a bunch of old desktop computers that don't have space for anymore. Most of them appear to work ok, but I'm no computer expert so don't know how much use they would be to people.

Has anyone got any ideas about who may like them? Or someone who could take them and give them a bit of a makeover and then either keep them or give away as they see fit?

Basically if someone thinks they can make use of them you can have them!

Hope someone can help - seems a waste just to get rid of them.

Drop us an email to ozziex99@hotmail.com

Thanks

andrea and oz

paddywack

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Maybe wrong, but I think Waddo is the man you want.

spider

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Perhaps if you can get the sorted donate them to the local school !!

Spider,X

waddo

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Ozwozz86,

Some time back I started collecting and reconditioning old IT for local kids at schools. Whilst successful in a couple of events I quickly found myself embroiled in a bitter battle over maintenance and ownership. I don't want to go into it on an open forum but it stopped me dead in my tracks (kind of) and I had to stop doing it - for the moment.

However, I have not given up yet and there must be loads of places that could do with a new (old) PC that would be willing to just take it as it is! KAR springs to mind for one who needed a new screen urgently and of course the Turtle Project that needed a printer. Local schools are not an option unless you want to make close contact with the local police as well.

If you get no takers then please email me and I will take them and put them in working order so they can be moved on to another owner. There is no cost involved in any of this by the way, its justmaking use of dormant skills and spare time

berilela

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

hi there i know karisyaka school would love to have computers for the village school dont think they have any for children to use . please x

flightholiday

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Why not try:

1] Leonard Cheshire home?

2] SOS childrens village

Debra-Jayne

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi i think if you have a few to share them out i no karisyaka school have not got any for the children and would be greatful for some and i expect all local schools are the same also as above Leonard Cheshire home SOS childrens village it would be a great gift to them and it is nice to see you thinking about others with out just dumping them

berilela

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

well said well done to the person who has them for not just thinking of lining there pockets .think your find sos have them from goverment ,i may be wrong .karsiyaka school is very smll and has mainly local children who wouldnt have luxury of having one at school or at home .

waddo

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Just a suggestion - having already been slapped in the face with a teachers kipper! If you "abandon" the computers at the school (once they are working) it will be much better for you than to try to "Gift" them.

Here is the problem - you "Give" them away, somebody has to support them, only the teachers know how to fix them or keep them running, more work for the teachers, more moans from the Unions, more complaints of interference to the police, more visits from your friendly bobby!!!! And on it goes - sad but true it was the same in UK as well. It seems like the old "no such thing as a free lunch" is not quite true but bloody hard to get.

If they don't work now but you have an outlet I am more than happy to try to get them to work for you so you can give them away - that applies to anybody. Good luck.

jillyjugs

Message Posted:
21/07/2010 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

oz i sympathize with you i donated some to a uk worthy cause they were on the phone every day wanting tech support became a real problem.

jilly

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.